ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
That's what I call a lack of respect. I wouldn't dare to signal other country's miseries without having cleaned my country's own miseries. And no country on Earth is perfect.
This forum, and this thread especially, is proof that not all Americans are like that. Most Americans here are as good as most players from other countries. There are good and there are bad, some are cultured and some aren't, but I guess in the same proportion as other nationalities.
What I never got is how some guy born and raised in Middle Earth (for example) can say he's Narnian only because 100 years ago (some of) his ancestors emigrated from Narnia to Middle Earth when he (and most of his ancestors since that) never visited Narnia. He's Middle Earthian to the bone! Perhaps his family or part of his neighborhood has kept some diluted Narnian habits and festivities, but that doesn't make him a Narnian.
My mother was born in Spanish Mordor and moved to the Eastern Ports when she got married. I never dared to say I'm Mordorian, even if we still kept some habits (habits, no hobbits) from there!
Love the use of M-e. I typically think of California as Mordor, though, but if you think a portion of Spain... ;)

That's why I tend to acknowledge my Germanic and Italian ancestry (it does influence my genetic traits, after all), but tend to refer to myself as simply "Texan" without any hyphenations. I do see some habits carried over since the one side of my family mostly got here within the last three generations, but it isn't like I wear lederhosen and plan to overthrow Europe on a regular basis. Although Luxembourg has been a little uppity and I do have a fondness for Belgian ales...:unsure:
Yes, those options in that menu are persistent through every playthrough. Ren'py limit with persistent variables is that: They are saved globally.
I think that in Chapter 1, it was save by save since it wasn't on a menu like that. It helped me keep things clean. I know you seem to have a penchant for knock 'em all up with silver-bullet sperm, but most sane men (and women) aren't that way. I doubt even Elon, with his enormous wealth, would want 20-30 kids born within a year of each other, with all the moms and kids under the same few roofs, then another batch a year or two later. And I expect we'll find that Norah, Erika and Daphne are all prone to twins, so I predict you'll make 6 kids with just those three. ;)

Then again, this isn't reality - sane decisions do not apply. :LOL:

And I can finally post this after a 90+ minute power outage.

I swear, with as many trees as the power company has murdered in the last 20+ years in my neighborhood, you'd think we could have a little rain and a few gusts of wind without losing power almost every freaking time...

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
What I never got is how some guy born and raised in Middle Earth (for example) can say he's Narnian only because 100 years ago (some of) his ancestors emigrated from Narnia to Middle Earth when he (and most of his ancestors since that) never visited Narnia. He's Middle Earthian to the bone! Perhaps his family or part of his neighborhood has kept some diluted Narnian habits and festivities, but that doesn't make him a Narnian.
My mother was born in Spanish Mordor and moved to the Eastern Ports when she got married. I never dared to say I'm Mordorian, even if we still kept some habits (habits, no hobbits) from there!
I've seen some people, and I really hope I'm not running afoul of rule 1 here, mostly a minority opinion within the BIPOC liberation movements insisting that I can't be Canadian because Canada is just a settler colonial fabrication and I'm instead whatever national ancestry I hold. Just absolutely wild to me. I've got absolutely zero connection to Europe, my entire life I've had no living ancestor who's from Europe, other than English I speak none of my ancestral languages, I have no connection to my familial roots in Europe and my paternal grandfather was a con artist who started at least 3 families with at least 2 fabricated names so I'm only even somewhat sure that my last name is the correct one. Like sure, I won't wade into the debate over how much Canada/US do or don't suck here but the claim that I can't be Canadian because of it is abso-fucking-lutely wild to me.

Also my best friend has a last name that basically means his family emigrated from Europe without a last name. These same people are claiming he can't be Canadian and he should identify with his ancestral roots when he has literally no way of even tracing those roots.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
That's what I call a lack of respect. I wouldn't dare to signal other country's miseries without having cleaned my country's own miseries. And no country on Earth is perfect.
This forum, and this thread especially, is proof that not all Americans are like that. Most Americans here are as good as most players from other countries. There are good and there are bad, some are cultured and some aren't, but I guess in the same proportion as other nationalities.
A lot of that comes from the American immigrant experience in the late 1800s - early 1900s in the US. When new(mostly non-english) speaking waves of immigrants came over due to economic hardship or famines like the Irish Potato Famine there was a lot of prejudice and ethnic racism towards the new comers - Italians, Irish, Scots, Germans, etc. You claimed your ancestry from other countries because it was something that defined where your family came from, their traditions, recipes. Those prejudices continue with every new group wave of immigrants as well and what originally is seen as an 'otherness' becomes a point of pride to later generations. The US population, with the exception of Native Americans, are all transplants, so for someone whose family has been in their country since their country was part of the Roman Empire for instance the tribalism would seem strange but people tend to tribalism.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The end came before I was expecting it - interesting place to stop. :mad::devilish::LOL:

A couple of final observations before I jump into something with a brief update, then start something else from the beginning in the next day or so:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Finally, a search didn't turn anything up that I saw, but is there a guide to which profile pics should have been unlocked by the end of this release? Some appear to be "for future" but others have gaps between that suggest I missed something somewhere - maybe they're on the clone routes or something...

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The end came before I was expecting it - interesting place to stop. :mad::devilish::LOL:

A couple of final observations before I jump into something with a brief update, then start something else from the beginning in the next day or so:
Finally, a search didn't turn anything up that I saw, but is there a guide to which profile pics should have been unlocked by the end of this release? Some appear to be "for future" but others have gaps between that suggest I missed something somewhere - maybe they're on the clone routes or something...
My understanding is that each profile pic is a specific "type" - Generic, nude, bathing suit, D&D, etc. Some don't have all the types, some haven't been seen in a type "yet" ... But that's just my understanding. That's probably not the whole story.

Last edited:

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Love the use of M-e. I typically think of California as Mordor, though, but if you think a portion of Spain... ;)

That's why I tend to acknowledge my Germanic and Italian ancestry (it does influence my genetic traits, after all), but tend to refer to myself as simply "Texan" without any hyphenations. I do see some habits carried over since the one side of my family mostly got here within the last three generations, but it isn't like I wear lederhosen and plan to overthrow Europe on a regular basis. Although Luxembourg has been a little uppity and I do have a fondness for Belgian ales...:unsure:

I think that in Chapter 1, it was save by save since it wasn't on a menu like that. It helped me keep things clean. I know you seem to have a penchant for knock 'em all up with silver-bullet sperm, but most sane men (and women) aren't that way. I doubt even Elon, with his enormous wealth, would want 20-30 kids born within a year of each other, with all the moms and kids under the same few roofs, then another batch a year or two later. And I expect we'll find that Norah, Erika and Daphne are all prone to twins, so I predict you'll make 6 kids with just those three. ;)

Then again, this isn't reality - sane decisions do not apply. :LOL:

And I can finally post this after a 90+ minute power outage.

I swear, with as many trees as the power company has murdered in the last 20+ years in my neighborhood, you'd think we could have a little rain and a few gusts of wind without losing power almost every freaking time...
I guess every country has its Mordor, and if it hasn't one, they consider Mordor the country beyond the frontier. I can guess most Californians think they live in Rivendell and that Mordor is another state/country. In the Spanish case, it's called Mordor for the perceived ugliness of their women, usually referred to as orcs. :D

Yes, in Chapter 1 it was save by save, and there was a choice screen for the "MC/Player related choices". After talking to some subscribers, it was decided to convert the variables to persistent since they are kinks (lesbian, urination, pregnancy, etc.) and the player's kinks won't change between playthroughs. After 4 updates in Part 2, I see it was a wrong design decision, but it's one that it's difficult to backpedal now.

Would any sane man, in real life, enter a 20+ harem in a modern western setting (besides cults)? I have a boss at home, I don't want 20+. And Elon is not an example of sanity ;)

Every game needs its Kurgan, right?
About the wine, no hidden meanings on my part. The Burgundy shape looks better than the Bordeaux shape to me, at least among the assets I have.

As Elhemeer said, the profile pictures have fixed numbers for each theme
1710749835097.png
So number 3 will always be the Swimsuit picture. Some girls never will have the 6th-7th pictures and the 8th-11th will only be unlocked if on a path with the girl, and when they are relevant. Daphne's 9th was bugged in v.0.15.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
I guess every country has its Mordor, and if it hasn't one, they consider Mordor the country beyond the frontier. I can guess most Californians think they live in Rivendell and that Mordor is another state/country. In the Spanish case, it's called Mordor for the perceived ugliness of their women, usually referred to as orcs. :D
Well to borrow another Lord of the Rings reference. Californians and Texans get along like Elves and Dwarves (and I'm not saying Legolas and Gimli) or maybe like oil and fire. The two states are opposite in political ideology and american media likes to play up the divisions.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Well to borrow another Lord of the Rings reference. Californians and Texans get along like Elves and Dwarves (and I'm not saying Legolas and Gimli) or maybe like oil and fire. The two states are opposite in political ideology and american media likes to play up the divisions.
I won't ask who are the Elves and who the Dwarves, as it would be a subjective answer depending on who I ask :ROFLMAO:
Hmm... I feel more like I'm on Ungoliant's homeworld here. So, I'm not in the most category. Ahaha
What I meant with the Rivendell example is that, opposed to the Texan's perspective of Califordor, surely most Californians don't see their state as bad and perhaps perceive Texas, Idaho, or North Dakota (for example) as the real Mordor. You live in a country with high mobility, so it's not that hard to move to Idaho, Georgia, or Wyoming if you are not that happy with your state. That has consequences, obviously, but remember only 48% of the current adult Californians were born in the state.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
What I meant with the Rivendell example is that, opposed to the Texan's perspective of Califordor, surely most Californians don't see their state as bad and perhaps perceive Texas, Idaho, or North Dakota (for example) as the real Mordor. You live in a country with high mobility, so it's not that hard to move to Idaho, Georgia, or Wyoming if you are not that happy with your state. That has consequences, obviously, but remember only 48% of the current adult Californians were born in the state.
Well, if I get past my expiration date, we're leaving the US. I'll find an actual better Mordor overseas, someplace.

• Haha
Reactions: Trope95

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
I guess every country has its Mordor, and if it hasn't one, they consider Mordor the country beyond the frontier. I can guess most Californians think they live in Rivendell and that Mordor is another state/country. In the Spanish case, it's called Mordor for the perceived ugliness of their women, usually referred to as orcs.
You are absolutely right about that. I myself live in a European country, and there is also an area here that many people call "Mordor"... Often it is enough to just speak up, and everyone knows where you came from... Of course, this does not mean that you cannot be among the "orcs" to find a "fairy" or two... :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes