S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
At the risk of getting in trouble again, the whole accents thing has me curious, how different if at all do the clones sound from their "originals"? When not trying to sound like their doubles that is

The clones were raised and trained to be spies ans soldiers after all, presumably in a different general location to the family, so the accents they'd have picked up would be different from the family who got it from family and school etc etc

As I recall, people have only ever commented on how similar the girls all look, not on how similar they sound.

Kinda a missed opportunity to have Emma and either or both of the twins go "is that really what I sound like?" when meeting their clone. Not that it can't still be done, but I could see it being one of the first things Emma thinks upon meeting Amanda

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
At the risk of getting in trouble again, the whole accents thing has me curious, how different if at all do the clones sound from their "originals"? When not trying to sound like their doubles that is

The clones were raised and trained to be spies ans soldiers after all, presumably in a different general location to the family, so the accents they'd have picked up would be different from the family who got it from family and school etc etc

As I recall, people have only ever commented on how similar the girls all look, not on how similar they sound.

Kinda a missed opportunity to have Emma and either or both of the twins go "is that really what I sound like?" when meeting their clone. Not that it can't still be done, but I could see it being one of the first things Emma thinks upon meeting Amanda
During the kidnapping sequence, when Eric talks about Beatrice and Diana (the other 2 (until then) surviving clones/originals), this happens:
Eric "Us? What a bastard you are! Good thing there are only two of you left."
Amanda "What are you saying? What have you done to Beatrice and Diana? And don't move another centimeter."
MC thoughts "(Centimeter? In her surprise she's let out an accent that's not from the US. Dutch? From somewhere in Europe almost certainly. But that voice...)"

So they have a distinct accent, but since they are trained as spies, they can fake an American one. MC's interpretation of it being Dutch can or can't be accurate, though. Since they were raised in an enclosed environment, mostly by scientists and military personnel, when they developed their natural accent it was a mix of their trainers' accents.

There's also this sentence during the shooting lessons with Eva:
Eva "I can speak 17 languages and use localisms in several of them. While you were playing videogames, we played at speaking in Arabic, trying to catch a Libyan or Yemeni accent."

So their language training was a strong part of their raising. Note that their military training started at 6, so they had a lot of time to train in other skills before (and after) that age. Not having to "waste" time on things we, normal humans, spend in our childhood (like going to the park to play with other kids) means their training in every area (they were trained at) was extremely efficient. The part of their development that is lacking is social skills. They can fake them, but they don't have them, as demonstrated by Eva's stunt disguising as Erika. You get them playing in the park with other kids.

About their voices, they sound reminiscent of Erika/Daphne/Emma's. They can fake it so they sound almost identical, but a different muscular build means they have slightly different registers when they are at ease. With enough time to get used to their voices, the MC (or Martha, or whoever) could differentiate Eva from Erika even blindfolded. Just like anyone in the family can differentiate Erika from Daphne's voice.

Add on: Since Emma already met Eva before meeting Amanda, she knows Eva sounds different from Daphne/Erika, so she won't think she sounds like Amanda. Daphne or Erika won't think Eva sounds like themselves because she doesn't sound like their twin.

Last edited:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
It never ceases to amaze me the depths you go to in these answers. You REALLY thought about this.

Wow, just... wow.

Peace :eek:
Every time someone asks questions for Trop, I already know that there will now be more texts and logical answers from him :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It never ceases to amaze me the depths you go to in these answers. You REALLY thought about this.

Wow, just... wow.

Peace :eek:
Thanks!
There are a lot of things that are thought about and don't make it into the game, or make it in the form of some dark clue, like those two sentences about languages and accents.
I only show them when they are needed or when someone asks about them.
I could write a 6-8 pages essay about Eva and Amanda's background (it is so different from others that I designed it carefully) but:
1.- It would be boring
2.- It would be bragging on my part ("Hey guys, I thought about all these cool (and a lot of uncool) things that I don't know if I will use in the game")
3.- It would spoil some surprises down the road
4.- I can develop a (small) scene instead of writing that essay :ROFLMAO:

There are characters with a more developed background than others because they needed it for me to fully understand them. Eva and Amanda are the best examples. Even some non-LIs have a background (Jamaal and Anthony are the best examples). More on Anthony in v.0.18, with some dark clues.

Every time someone asks questions for Trop, I already know that there will now be more texts and logical answers from him :ROFLMAO:
It was only a 398-word explanation :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Thanks!
There are a lot of things that are thought about and don't make it into the game, or make it in the form of some dark clue, like those two sentences about languages and accents.
I only show them when they are needed or when someone asks about them.
I could write a 6-8 pages essay about Eva and Amanda's background (it is so different from others that I designed it carefully) but:
1.- It would be boring
2.- It would be bragging on my part ("Hey guys, I thought about all these cool (and a lot of uncool) things that I don't know if I will use in the game")

There are characters with a more developed background than others because they needed it for me to fully understand them. Eva and Amanda are the best examples. Even some non-LIs have a background (Jamaal and Anthony are the best examples). More on Anthony in v.0.18, with some dark clues.

It was only a 398-word explanation :ROFLMAO:
I am going out on a limb here, but if you wrote it, I would probably read it. I'm a compulsive reader, so...

Peace :D
I would definitely read it.

Also, it's not bragging ... it's showing your work. I'm reading a light novel that's nearing it's end, and I'm currently in the middle of the fourth fan book. My favorite part is the Q&A section where the author answers the questions fans have sent her ... and because she did so much world building she has thought-out answers for every question, from the number of days in the year (420) to the reason one country's names sound German and another sound French. Keep filling us in about your work ... regardless of why you are telling us, many will find it fascinating and entertaining all on it's own.

Last edited:

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
1.- It would be boring
I think showing too much design stuff is not a very good idea. Let's leave something to the player's imagination. What he doesn't know, he will find out in his own way. This makes the game more individual.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Public post on and about the next update
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For those of you playing another dev's game with a family living in a house with some female ancestor with whom there is no sex yet, there will be a little easter egg (on Debbie's path) (with Moonbox's permission).

Last edited:

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
For those of you playing another dev's game with a family living in a house with some female ancestor with whom there is no sex yet, there will be a little easter egg (on Debbie's path).
I'll be looking forward until the 12th to dance with my queen Dafne and receive her great news.

• Red Heart
Oct 10, 2022
For those of you playing another dev's game with a family living in a house with some female ancestor with whom there is no sex yet, there will be a little easter egg (on Debbie's path) (with Moonbox's permission).
Hey Trope, how is Erika? :giggle:

• Red Heart

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
A red head bartender?

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
*Heavy breathing*

Oh dear!

BBgZ3W.gif

Fiona? Liz? Kitty Cat? Oh! OH! Polly?!

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes