Camel

Jun 8, 2017
what are the consequences of not accepting the call from your dad? i have other things to do so i left the game at that point and im curious what you get from enabling his story arc, or rather what you miss out on if you dont.

Reactions: TropecitaGames

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
what are the consequences of not accepting the call from your dad? i have other things to do so i left the game at that point and im curious what you get from enabling his story arc, or rather what you miss out on if you dont.
There aren't consequences. Dad's call(s) only provide information about things that are happening outside the MC's sight or some events that happened in the past. They glue some of the stories together, but you won't lose any content.

Reactions: Porthas and Camel

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Yes, but that will be (if I get to do what I want) something different from traditional galleries. My idea is that you can replay the complete story of a particular girl, even combinations that have not been played in the game.
Imagine that in your playthrough, in Erika's story, you intervened in the bathroom when Jack is cheating on her, but you want to know what would have happened if you hadn't done it. Going back to the beginning now might be a bit tedious for some players, so I would want to make a gallery where they see all the branching and can decide which different scenes to see.
I don't even know if Ren'py is going to let me do that. If I couldn't or didn't know how to do it, there would end up being a traditional gallery.
Just finished work and just wanted to say that's a fantastic idea in my opnion because as you've said it can be tedious to go back to the beginning to see a different branch of a character.(y):)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'll never understand some reviews. The last one states
" otherwise if you are for a meaningful story and mcs/players right to choose or not chicks he wanna to engage with, you will be disappointed and you should look elsewhere. "
Abhai are you sure you are playing My Dorm? You have freedom of choice about what ladies you engage with!
And Ill never understand some devs. Are you sure you are talking about this particular game?
Double checked it prior to stating/reviewing it (just to be sure i wasnt wrong there).
Yup, yours "freedom of choice about what ladies you engage" are (nearly) non existent, or this is from some other game you have, or talking about.

Yet, your game, your "choices".
Positive or negative reviews, doesnt matter much, particularly here.
Plenty of those loving mindless harems, as it can be seen (not only) from this thread.
If your aim was that, you are on the right track. Dont worry, you dont need a good game, or a game at all. And even if you did a proper game with choices, paths and all that, you would be probably getting much more complains, like "omg, why are there those dumb paths, why cant mc just fuck and have all ladies in one go...where is walki, where is gallery, etc, etc". So, as I have said, you are good, in this niche you are aiming for.

You cant please them all.
Good luck to you and your project, nonetheless.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
MC's body still hasn't recovered after the beating ? it's weird :oops: Nice update!,thanks. Emma :love:
The current update is 9 days after MC arrived home. He was beaten up on the 2nd day. A serious bruising still visible after 7 days is not that strange in my opinion. Though some improvement should be visible, but that is maybe too much work for the dev.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
And Ill never understand some devs. Are you sure you are talking about this particular game?
Double checked it prior to stating/reviewing it (just to be sure i wasnt wrong there).
Yup, yours "freedom of choice about what ladies you engage" are (nearly) non existent, or this is from some other game you have, or talking about.
I really don't know what you're talking about. There are multiple choices that let you end routes with almost every girl so far, and the ones who don't have options to end their routes aren't really full LIs yet.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Well, you were reviewing THIS particular game

I don't understand what you say. Please tell me what forced relationship My Dorm has coerced you into.

Yet, your game, your "choices".
Positive or negative reviews, doesnt matter much, particularly here.
Positive or negative reviews matter. Just as you have read previous reviews, if someone reads yours they may get the wrong impression.
Stars don't matter. Notice that at no point did I say anything about the two stars you rated the game with. But the falsehoods do matter.

Plenty of those loving mindless harems, as it can be seen (not only) from this thread.
If your aim was that, you are on the right track. Dont worry, you dont need a good game, or a game at all. And even if you did a proper game with choices, paths and all that, you would be probably getting much more complains, like "omg, why are there those dumb paths, why cant mc just fuck and have all ladies in one go...where is walki, where is gallery, etc, etc". So, as I have said, you are good, in this niche you are aiming for.

You cant please them all.
Good luck to you and your project, nonetheless.
Finally, something we can agree on. No game can please every player.
Thanks for your good wishes.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
MC's body still hasn't recovered after the beating ? it's weird :oops: Nice update!,thanks. Emma :love:
The current update is 9 days after MC arrived home. He was beaten up on the 2nd day. A serious bruising still visible after 7 days is not that strange in my opinion. Though some improvement should be visible, but that is maybe too much work for the dev.
He was beaten on Friday and 0.7 (A and B) takes place on Wednesday. As the assets I have for bruises have only three states (severe bruise - fading bruise - no bruise), I decided the most severe (those in his stomach and chest) will go to fading and the fading ones (head, arm, and shoulder) will go to no-bruise on Thursday. The remaining ones will disappear during the weekend.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Well, you were reviewing THIS particular game

I don't understand what you say. Please tell me what forced relationship My Dorm has coerced you into.

Positive or negative reviews matter. Just as you have read previous reviews, if someone reads yours they may get the wrong impression.
Stars don't matter. Notice that at no point did I say anything about the two stars you rated the game with. But the falsehoods do matter.

Finally, something we can agree on. No game can please every player.
Thanks for your good wishes.
Don't worry, i think majority of people here are wondering what game Abhai played, if they didn't see that you can choose not to open all the paths, especially since the inbuilt walkthrough makes it clear which choices open path and which closes them. Perhaps they just wanted sexy times with all the LIs, but didn't want them in the harem, which kind of defeats the point of harem game. :p

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This MC looks like he's pushing at least 43 and supposed to be 20 something lol
I will auto-quote myself about this issue

As I mentioned before, I wanted to make him look older than usual, so that the MILFs don't feel so much like they're dating a boy, but that they're dating a man.
Girls know how old he is and don't mind that he looks older, but a 44-year-old woman like Norah wouldn't even look at him twice if MC looked like Justin Bieber did at 21 (or any other age if I have a say in the matter :KEK:).

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Sooo, with all the review thing I read just now... just to make sure I play and mod the correct game (heavy spoilers, don't read if you haven't played yet:

• MC had a girlfriend before the game started
  • MC had an official-open-relationship-unofficial-monogamous-relationship girlfriend at the start of the game
  • MC has a female friend
  • MC lives with his family
  • MC's neighbours belong to his family
  • MC's sisters and cousins have a female friend who had a crush on him
  • MC's best friend has a family with a mother and sister
  • MC's does not refuse to talk to a police officer arresting his attacker
  • MC's family is observered by clones of his family and they want some of the action the girls get (click to unhide again if clicking this hides the whole thing again)
  • MC can close any romantic route as soon as there is a hint that there could be something possible in the future and can cancel everything multiple times after that

The MC is forced to engage in dialogue with all the women!!!
The review is correct! :eek:

The first two are actually forced... kinda... :FacePalm:

Please don't cancel me. :D

Edit: Adding to devs reply above... The girls mention multiple times (iirc) that he always kinda looked older than he really was.

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes