Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Considering that in this story science has advanced enough to have human cloning, and that even now we have a limited number of RNA and cellular deployment treatments for genetic or bloodborne disorders, finding a treatment for Scarlett should be within the realm of possibility. Given more than two decades time it would be completely plausible for a gene therapy to be developed that could treat genetic and/or hereditary diseases of numerous types. Especially with the backing of a scientific company spearheading the research.

Even if not, advanced tech which would only be a small step from what is currently available, could make the equivalent of a bionic cochlear implant.

Sorry, I'll stop geeking out a bit, lol. Just trying to hypothesize potential solutions for the lovely Scarlett.
The idea behind the science regarding Scarlett's condition is that, since it's degenerative, she won't arrive in time for a cure for herself. Her condition, once the cure is found, will be too advanced for her to be cured. So the only solution for her will be bionic.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think a lot of you are greatly underestimating how long the research and development of any cure or treatment would take.
By the time they have any cure that would work and be safe to use, she'd be completely deaf.
A regenerative cure would, something to restore her hearing would be practically impossible even with their resources at that stage.

Dr. Mick

Formerly 'Mickademous'
Nov 21, 2017
The idea behind the science regarding Scarlett's condition is that, since it's degenerative, she won't arrive in time for a cure for herself. Her condition, once the cure is found, will be too advanced for her to be cured. So the only solution for her will be bionic.
Had a feeling it might be something like that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trivent

Aug 14, 2024
Thanks!
To me, and now I'm going to sound cheesy, when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you make harsh and weird choices. That's why no one (except for Maddie, for obvious reasons) has no problem getting pregnant.

Take Erika as an example. She always compared her boyfriends with the MC, and they were on the losing side of that comparison. Now he IS her boyfriend. He should mess it up big time for that relationship to break (on Erika's side) and she knows him very well and knows that he won't do it. So, for her, it's just the first week of the rest of her life (I'm in cheesy mode today). If she is sure she will spend the rest of her life with him, having kids early isn't a bad thing (in her point of view) since she will be able to travel with the kid when she finishes her degree and accomplishes her dream of being a travel book writer.

Obviously, her reasoning has a lot of flaws, but she's only a small town 18y.o. girl. It's logical for it to have flaws.

The same (each with her own reasons) can be applied to Emma, Daphne, Scarlett, Simone, Megan, Saira or Eileen, the ones who have known the MC for a long time.
Samantha is not eager, but won't be bothered by a pregnancy. She can be counted in the above group, having known the MC since he was 11. But is in a different situation from the below group.
Norah and Martha are eager because of their age and, seeing you play the unpatched version, because they haven't given birth ever and their window of opportunity is closing.
Alexia, the first girl to "see" the harem at the lake, has her own reasons to be happy about her pregnancy. For her, someone with acceptance problems (as she explained while running in the meadow and with her sentence during the "Amanda belongs to the family" scene) getting pregnant is a way to ensure everyone will accept her. Not the MC, he already accepted her. The rest of the family.

And now that the pregnancies have been revealed, the unpregnant girls will be eager to be impregnated. Competitiveness among women can be fierce, and they are walking an uncharted path, so no one will want to be left out.

Yes, any feedback is welcome! :)
No-no, it is not like they should have any problems with it. I do understand this perspective, but the thing i was talking about is that they way too eager for it :D I mean, 18yo is just the beginning of their adulthood. And pregnancy on its own is important step and a lot of responsibility is involved in this case. But they do act like there is no tomorrow :D Again, its only my opinion :)

As for feedback:
1- in complex dialogues: jokes are marked with *laught* in the end. Might be good idea to mark it in the start instead. Like *laught* text instead of text *laught*. For people who are not have English as native lang it might be much more easy to understand the mood or tone of the line from the start as they will be reading it slower. For example, i am not translating anything but reading slower. Sometimes i am not getting it right away and in my case its kinda blends. Not really important but just makes things smoother for people without fluent level :)
2- at some point "my love/my life" starts to seem a bit mechanic due to harem expansion. Might be good to add some more "sweetheart", "sweety", "honey", etc. I mean, making this lines more personalized might be a lot of work in general, but will improve text on my opinion.
3- not sure if its local thing or just personal, but looks like everyone likes jazz and Cava :D This part impacts a lot. For a reader it is usually takes 2 differences vs 1 similarity. Depends on how much this dif/sim is expressed. Less repeating = better overall.

PS: only my opinion and i was thinking it might be useful. Usually i am not bothered much, but your work is really cool so i decided to drop my point of view here.

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
That's why the last "for her" was in bold. ;)
Geez! Don't everybody get bent out of shape about whether she'll still be deaf or not in 22 years. Whether "her" hearing loss or recovery will be fixed 22 years from now is not an issue for me. Heck, at MY current age I'LL be DEAD from "old age" 22 years from now. And that's even with the CURRENT genetically altered medical treatment I'm receiving for my current disease. Just sayin'. :ROFLMAO:

(Keep up the good work Trope. It's a great "fantasy" story you have produced. (y) )

wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
So Scarlett my love will possibly be the new Jamie Sommers :)

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
22 years from now, the solution for Scarlett's degenerative congenital hearing disorder might involve nanotechnology; and though it wouldn't technically be a "cure", it may actually repair the physiological damage to her middle/inner ears and auditory nerves. This is all well within the realm of science fiction today, but may be equally well within the realm of possibility in the mid/late 2040s.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
22 years from now, the solution for Scarlett's degenerative congenital hearing disorder might involve nanotechnology; and though it wouldn't technically be a "cure", it may actually repair the physiological damage to her middle/inner ears and auditory nerves. This is all well within the realm of science fiction today, but may be equally well within the realm of possibility in the mid/late 2040s.
I'll take it!

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I feel like something changed with how the forum is doing YouTube embeds, I'm constantly clicking them while trying to scroll on my phone the last couple days, which is then pitching me out of the browser and into the fucking YouTube app... Very annoying.

Like they're too big and close to the right side of the screen on mobile all of a sudden.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I love Scarlet, and as both MCs sister and girlfriend she of course deserves all the help we have at our disposal, but I feel obligated to mention that if we're going to wield our not inconsiderable medical and scientific resources to help our family, that we should also look into helping our brother no longer need a wheelchair, if he so wishes. He was already in a wheelchair as a young kid, so by the 20 years ahead mark we're all seemingly working off, he'll have been using a wheelchair the majority of his life of roughly 40 year, if not his entire life.

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
I love Scarlet, and as both MCs sister and girlfriend she of course deserves all the help we have at our disposal, but I feel obligated to mention that if we're going to wield our not inconsiderable medical and scientific resources to help our family, that we should also look into helping our brother no longer need a wheelchair, if he so wishes. He was already in a wheelchair as a young kid, so by the 20 years ahead mark we're all seemingly working off, he'll have been using a wheelchair the majority of his life of roughly 40 year, if not his entire life.
Maybe also vitiligo Kim too?

PS. FatGiant, nice to have you back!

4.10 star(s) 105 Votes