wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
Don't know if this has been asked before, but loading import file from s1 to s2 changes the name from the name i picked in beginiing back to martha, is there a way to manually force it back to the one i picked?
:unsure: If I remember correctly you should see all the Import saves you made and can pick whichever one you want to load, as long as it was made at end of chapter 1 for the import to chapter 2

Reactions: Trope95

dolbie158

Sep 22, 2016
:unsure: If I remember correctly you should see all the Import saves you made and can pick whichever one you want to load, as long as it was made at end of chapter 1 for the import to chapter 2
Yes, and imported file itself, changed the name of the "character" back to the the default, which i don't like, and was wondering if anyone knew a way to force it back, becasue restarting from s2 first scene each time, didn't help me, all other changed names stayed the same. Also checked the variable viewer andthe name chgange is present but still shows martha in game dialouge.

Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Yes, and imported file itself, changed the name of the "character" back to the the default, which i don't like, and was wondering if anyone knew a way to force it back, becasue restarting from s2 first scene each time, didn't help me, all other changed names stayed the same. Also checked the variable viewer andthe name chgange is present but still shows martha in game dialouge.
This is one of the issues best solved by Trope95 or RiamMar so it doesn't screw your saves going further.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

JayDub47

Sep 11, 2023
Ok, all you ginger lovers!! Go show your love for Daphne and vote!!!

3 days left to vote!!
Voted for the 5 6 that I had played the games of, and when I voted, Daphne was in 1st with 24.

(1st edit: scratched out 5 for 6, because I had looked at it again, and miscounted/misremembered how many I voted for
2nd edit: added a comma, this explanation, and the girls I have voted for: Daphne, Fiona, Alyssa, Scarlett, Nami, and Mora (thought is was Moira))

Last edited:

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Can you try to change the name of Martha in the Profiles and then advance the dialogue (RenPy applies some stuff only on state change, what advancing the dialogue should do).
You can change the name by selecting the profile of the person and then click the pencil icon next to the name.

The name is stored in "TGCharacter.name.forename"
Experienced users can use the console. Martha's object is "mar"

mar.name.forename = "MyMarthaName"

Screenshot 2024-09-12 105159.png

Advancing the dialogue might still be necessary.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95
4.00 star(s) 106 Votes