Nov 7, 2017
Few questions. How I suppose to save the game? I created a new game save but when I load my saved game it takes me all the way back to the beginning of the game. I can't even pull up the "Graphics Acceleration" menu when I tried to hold down Shift G (some reason every Renpy game turns off my HDR setting on my desktop when the Renderer is set on automatically choose) or when I push H to hide the dialogue and when I use my middle mouse wheel button or the back button that usually let me do a rollback doesn't work but it takes me all the way back to the beginning of the game too. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Take The Red Pill

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
What's with the scrollback? I try and read the intro and I accidentally double click and miss a chunk. I do the obvious thing and scroll backwith the mouse wheel ... and it takes me to the start of the game!

OK, so some Ren'Py devs don't like people scrolling back - fair enough. I try again and this time when I overclick (I get enthusiastic in my clicking) I try the history to see what I missed. Turns out the history is empty!

Is this just for the into/tutorial? Because I have to say, if the intention to make me read carefully, it's having the opposite effect.

[edit]

And I've hit that mousewheel another three or four times since posting. I wouldn't mind if the habit wasn't so deeply ingrained from other games. As it is, I can see this getting very annoying very quickly.

Last edited:

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
At sixth night there is error when going to sleep. Don't know what should happen and ignoring it only means that it comes back next night.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Replace the line at 4201 with this and the error goes away

Code:
            try:
                rendered_sex_scene_automatic_func(night_rss_selected)
            except(NameError):
                pass

awex

Oct 3, 2017
I had a peek at the code, and it is not surprising that nothing works properly.

There are no actual lines of Ren'py dialog. Instead of using Ren'py labels with lines of dialog, it is using python functions using "renpy.pause()" between calls to "renpy.show_screen(...)".

Ren'py can't save/restore state at a random place within a function so it is impossible for any of these features to work:
Rollback, skip seen text, or saving/loading correctly.

Tip for the developer. Labels can also take parameters and be called like functions.
instead of:
Code:
init -1:
  python:
    def chat_scene_dialog_func(interaction, who):
        if interaction=="flirt_conversation":
            renpy.show_screen("say_narrator","partial","You casually flirt with "+who.fname+".")
        elif interaction=="flirt_talk_dirty":
            renpy.show_screen("say_narrator","partial","You explicitly flirt with "+who.fname+".")
            renpy.pause()
            renpy.show_screen("say_female_npc","partial",who,"You certainly know how to get a girl in the mood "+who.mc_petname+".","horny")
you can do:
Code:
label chat_scene_dialog_func(interaction, who):
    if interaction == "flirt_conversation": #Flirt Section Dialogue
        show screen say_narrator("partial", "You casually flirt with " + who.fname + ".")
    elif interaction == "flirt_talk_dirty":
        show screen say_narrator("partial", "You explicitly flirt with " + who.fname + ".")
        show screen say_female_npc("partial", who, "You certainly know how to get a girl in the mood " + who.mc_petname + ".", "horny")
    return

# example usage
label some_other_label:
    call chat_scene_dialog_func("flirt_conversation", target_character)
    show screen say_narrator(...) # more dialog after chat_scene_dialog_func returns
Like this, ren'py will automatically save state between each "show screen" call allowing save/load and rollback.

The only problem is that labels don't have local variables so you need to be careful of that.

Last edited:

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
Appreciate the comment. I've been curious why MFA behaves differently to most Ren'py games in this regard. This is my first project in Ren'py and some things (like this) show my inexperience, haha! I'll look into altering my functions vs labels approach in future updates.

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
I've update the download links with a fix that should address the error message that starts popping up on day 6. Apologies for that one - sloppy play testing on my part.

I had hoped that saving issues were addressed, but it looks like some people are still having problems. I'll look to resolve the problem causing this in the next update.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Did you run into this issue trying to load a save from a previous version, or starting a new game in version 0.2.0?
Error during loading loading old save. So stated new game. But came an ignorable memory error (just before dream about tori). BadAngelDev

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
well in game hint telling me that i need explore strip mall but after hour of exploring nothing happening...

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
well in game hint telling me that i need explore strip mall but after hour of exploring nothing happening...
Does the hint start with "Search for the Prosthetic..." or "Explore all locations in the City Suburbs..."?

Also, can you interact with Michaela?

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
Error during loading loading old save. So stated new game. But came an ignorable memory error (just before dream about tori). BadAngelDev
If this is the error that starts showing every night starting Day 6, you can follow the advice of docclox above or redownload the game (that bug is now fixed).

If it's a separate error, I'll look into it. It would be helpful if you could DM me the error code you get.

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
Does the hint start with "Search for the Prosthetic..." or "Explore all locations in the City Suburbs..."?

Also, can you interact with Michaela?
all location and only that mall is missing

yes i can interact with her

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes