2.70 star(s) 41 Votes

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
dblck2k21

Also found some unused images in ep 3
From the beach_1.rpy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That adds them back in
Cheers for that, I'll add it to my copy now. And I'm actually just starting to test the walkthrough for episode 5 now so I'll be able to double check everything at the same time.
P.S your swimmingpool_1.rpy may also need the following lines adding to fix another event.

I just this second realized that the one I uploaded didn't include the file, and I've re-upped it again.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Cheers for that, I'll add it to my copy now. And I'm actually just starting to test the walkthrough for episode 5 now so I'll be able to double check everything at the same time.
P.S your swimmingpool_1.rpy may also need the following lines adding to fix another event.

I just this second realized that the one I uploaded didn't include the file, and I've re-upped it again.
I'm using your bug-fix - Is that in there already?

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
The reason for the night time shortage in the text version is because I made the mod always show the event where you say goodnight (so that you can leave the door open ready for the morning) and I wasn't sure when it would no longer be needed, while in the text version, because I followed the mod myself while typing it, I could easily see when it wasn't necessary so I skipped those parts out.

When I have finished with the missing information in the later episodes, I'll do another quick run-through and disable things like saying goodnight and breakfast in the mod during times when they're no longer necessary.

Well, this explains the lack of the scene in chapter 2 of night exercises alone in the pool area or in the afternoon contemplating the beach.
The fact is that all roads lead (and arrive) to Rome...lol.
Mod from cap2 leads to cap 3, cap 6 leads to 7, cap 10 leads to 11...

Any possibility of doing something on the level, for the other games already completed?
Still, great job.;)

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
That fix you just made might have been my issue?
Was stuck at 85 in ep 5 - So I changed this

swimmingpool_1.rpy
if hour >= 22 and e5_36 == 1 and episode5 == 1 and events >= 88 and episode6 == 0:
to
if hour >= 22 and e5_36 == 1 and episode5 == 1 and events >= 85 and episode6 == 0:

Seemed to work fine?
I found out that it's because the martine events weren't triggering correctly in common_1.rpy and it seems that it's because the second event in the chain expected $ martine == 0, but it was actually already set to 1 because of the event before it.
To fix the problem I decided to just change the numbers so that they match up with what the variable is actually set to at the time and it seems to work just fine during a quick run-through.

The file has been re-upped.

Reactions: Twistty

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Well, this explains the lack of the scene in chapter 2 of night exercises alone in the pool area or in the afternoon contemplating the beach.
The fact is that all roads lead (and arrive) to Rome...lol.
Mod from cap2 leads to cap 3, cap 6 leads to 7, cap 10 leads to 11...

Any possibility of doing something on the level, for the other games already completed?
Still, great job.;)
Are there any particular games you have in mind?

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
Are there any particular games you have in mind?
My sugestion? MBFD 1.
The game already has 2 different and discontinued mods, that is, incomplete.
As it follows the same architecture of variables and complexity of MFL, I believe that the "challenge" would be at least interesting.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
My sugestion? MBFD 1.
The game already has 2 different and discontinued mods, that is, incomplete.
As it follows the same architecture of variables and complexity of MFL, I believe that the "challenge" would be at least interesting.
It's funny that you'd mention that. I actually started working on it in the past, but I decided to drop it temporarily so that I could focus on MFL first. When I'm finished with this one, I'll be carrying on with MBFD straight after, and it will be done in the same style as this mod as well.

Reactions: yamabear

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
(y)
It's funny that you'd mention that. I actually started working on it in the past, but I decided to drop it temporarily so that I could focus on MFL first. When I'm finished with this one, I'll be carrying on with MBFD straight after, and it will be done in the same style as this mod as well.
(y)Go ahead

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I found out that it's because the martine events weren't triggering correctly in common_1.rpy and it seems that it's because the second event in the chain expected $ martine == 0, but it was actually already set to 1 because of the event before it.
To fix the problem I decided to just change the numbers so that they match up with what the variable is actually set to at the time and it seems to work just fine during a quick run-through.

The file has been re-upped.
Yup - went back and tested it - that was my issue in ep 5.
Thanks

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I have been spending time working on the walkthrough mod created by suwit to finish it and improve it, and I have now completed Episodes 1 - 5. You can now change between just using the event tracker, or having the on screen walkthrough active as well. There is extra general advice for episodes 1-3, and the advice in the Event Tracker is also complete for Episodes 2-5 (I felt that ep 1 doesn't need a tracker).
Added to the OP also. (y)

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Having zoned out of this thread/game for the past month, I'm shocked and amazed dblck2k21 went to the work of improving this sludgefest, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies :LOL:

Everyone owes him a huge round of thanks.

This game is like remembering cigarettes or some drug from your past, you don't know why you used it for so long.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Having zoned out of this thread/game for the past month, I'm shocked and amazed dblck2k21 went to the work of improving this sludgefest, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies :LOL:

Everyone owes him a huge round of thanks.

This game is like remembering cigarettes or some drug from your past, you don't know why you used it for so long.
Thanks for the compliment.

To be honest, the main reason I decided to do it was because I saw a lot of potential in the game, but discovered that most episodes had bugs that stopped you from progressing, and that there was no in game help with progression so it just felt like random clicking. After looking through this thread it seemed like no-one was doing anything about the bugs, and only suwit had done anything towards a walkthrough (and he did a LOT towards it to be fair), so I decided to start teaching myself RenPy to fix the bugs and finish suwits walkthrough myself lol.

P.S I agree with the sludgefest remark, coding the rest of the WT for Episode 6 has been a nightmare :LOL:

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Thanks for the compliment.

To be honest, the main reason I decided to do it was because I saw a lot of potential in the game, but discovered that most episodes had bugs that stopped you from progressing, and that there was no in game help with progression so it just felt like random clicking. After looking through this thread it seemed like no-one was doing anything about the bugs, and only suwit had done anything towards a walkthrough (and he did a LOT towards it to be fair), so I decided to start teaching myself RenPy to fix the bugs and finish suwits walkthrough myself lol.

P.S I agree with the sludgefest remark, coding the rest of the WT for Episode 6 has been a nightmare :LOL:
Yeah as someone else whose gone over the scripts line by line, I'm well aware, that wasn't said lightly. Just thinking about tracing the variables gives me a headache.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Yeah as someone else whose gone over the scripts line by line, I'm well aware, that wasn't said lightly. Just thinking about tracing the variables gives me a headache.
What can I say, I like a challenge :LOL:

In all seriousness though, While it can definitely be painstaking, I'm determined to see it through to the end, and I won't stop until this game is perfectly playable for everyone (and then it's time to move on to MBFD lol)

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
I have updated the WT for everyone who's interested, and I've also changed the screenshots to show most of the changes/additions. You can find it in the usual place :)

Reactions: yamabear

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
In all seriousness though, While it can definitely be painstaking, I'm determined to see it through to the end, and I won't stop until this game is perfectly playable for everyone (and then it's time to move on to MBFD lol)

You said it yourself...so get ready for when it's time for MBFD...2.
I'm playing chapter 3 now and the feeling is that I'm purposely going from point to point with my eyes completely blindfolded.
Argh.1-2_@#Z&@!'?$FKS.:mad:

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021

You said it yourself...so get ready for when it's time for MBFD...2.
I'm playing chapter 3 now and the feeling is that I'm purposely going from point to point with my eyes completely blindfolded.
Argh.1-2_@#Z&@!'?$FKS.:mad:
That's the only downfall of these games in my opinion, I only ever play sandboxes because I detest kinetic novels. But I think the only thing worse than a never ending wall of text, is an eternity of random clicking.

I know it's gonna be a long way away yet, but I'll end up getting round to a mod for it eventually.

2.70 star(s) 41 Votes