How would you like the game to progress?

• Keep going as Visual Novel with some choices and linear story

Votes: 1,699 65.1%
  • Branch to sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements at certain point

Votes: 910 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corvair

Jun 26, 2020
Can you explain to me in what way it looks worse? Different, sure.
This isn't a dig against you personally, or your understandable choice to use AI art, but more me voicing my stance on AI art in general, I guess:
Your old art had a distinct style and vibe. It had character, it conveyed something, and every picture was interesting to look at. AI art looks proficient and clean at first glance, but it's a case of "seen one, seen all" for me: AI art basically is an amalgamation of hundreds of pictures, and it loses everything that makes art stand out and unique. AI does not "do" good/conscious color composition, eye direction, line work, glance vectors, emphasizing certain areas for mindful reasons, and, well, anything really that makes art, well, art: The product of a sapient mind.

I usually do not exclude any tags on this site, but I have come into the habit of excluding "ai cg" because it's like putting a bag of flour into whatever recipe you're cooking: It usually ruins the meal, and while it's still technically food, it's just not something I really want near my taste buds.

Probably controversial, but I would rather have a game without any art than one reliant on AI; I do enjoy good writing, after all, and some of my favourite smut games were/are text-based, and have little or even no pictures (Free Cities, Lilith's Throne, CoC, to name some).

Again: I do understand your decision, and I'm not in a position to gainsay it (nor would I want to). I'm just trying to explain that AI "art" in general just doesn't do it for me.

Reactions: Phegor

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
This isn't a dig against you personally, or your understandable choice to use AI art, but more me voicing my stance on AI art in general, I guess:
Your old art had a distinct style and vibe. It had character, it conveyed something, and every picture was interesting to look at. AI art looks proficient and clean at first glance, but it's a case of "seen one, seen all" for me: AI art basically is an amalgamation of hundreds of pictures, and it loses everything that makes art stand out and unique. AI does not "do" good/conscious color composition, eye direction, line work, glance vectors, emphasizing certain areas for mindful reasons, and, well, anything really that makes art, well, art: The product of a sapient mind.

I usually do not exclude any tags on this site, but I have come into the habit of excluding "ai cg" because it's like putting a bag of flour into whatever recipe you're cooking: It usually ruins the meal, and while it's still technically food, it's just not something I really want near my taste buds.

Probably controversial, but I would rather have a game without any art than one reliant on AI; I do enjoy good writing, after all, and some of my favourite smut games were/are text-based, and have little or even no pictures (Free Cities, Lilith's Throne, CoC, to name some).

Again: I do understand your decision, and I'm not in a position to gainsay it (nor would I want to). I'm just trying to explain that AI "art" in general doesn't to it for me.
I see your point. Probably if I didn't have personal aversion to 3d art, I would choose that over AI art. Another option was just to abandon the project altogether, which I also was seriously considering, but the supporters in Discord were too nice and supporting for me to do that, plus I have this thing about seeing something unfinished by myself as defeat...

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023

Again: I do understand your decision, and I'm not in a position to gainsay it (nor would I want to). I'm just trying to explain that AI "art" in general doesn't to it for me.
I think AI can help new and different characters. Look at AVN's with Daz3d and Honey Select 2. You see the same characters, props and backgrounds over and over and over. As the dev mentioned the cost for all hand drawn art. That is a very time consuming and costly thing to do.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022

Again: I do understand your decision, and I'm not in a position to gainsay it (nor would I want to). I'm just trying to explain that AI "art" in general just doesn't do it for me.
I spent 20 minutes on generating this and I fail to see how this is worse than most DAZ 3D or Honey Select 2 models. In fact, IMO it is substantially better. And if you didn't know it's AI generated, perhaps you wouldn't have marked it as such in your mind.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
I spent 20 minutes on generating this and I fail to see how this is worse than most DAZ 3D or Honey Select 2 models. In fact, IMO it is substantially better. And if you didn't know it's AI generated, perhaps you wouldn't have marked it as such in your mind.
yes it looks good i too have seen a lot of great looking ai pics the last month some of them where even so good that i looked for more but here comes the problem what most people have with ai generated art the problem that in 3-5 pics the char looks great but in the next somehow different and in another one the char is not even recognizable (still looks good but could easy be another char) so for a fast fap to great ai pics its okay but for a game where it is a must the chars looks the same through the whole game that can become a big problem.

Reactions: ProtDan

Hampamatta

May 15, 2023
yes it looks good i too have seen a lot of great looking ai pics the last month some of them where even so good that i looked for more but here comes the problem what most people have with ai generated art the problem that in 3-5 pics the char looks great but in the next somehow different and in another one the char is not even recognizable (still looks good but could easy be another char) so for a fast fap to great ai pics its okay but for a game where it is a must the chars looks the same through the whole game that can become a big problem.
this is the biggest issue with ai right now for sure. second being lack of style/creativity. and if the prompter have some artistic skills so they can touch up the pictures (hands and text for example)

i dont have much against the use of ai in general, but the vast majority of ai art is just lazy, uninspired, generic and often using old outdated ai that creates jumbled messes and dont retouch them.in combination poor writing makes ai projects shitty, but ai are not generally bad.

i feel like ai can enable non artistic writers to be able to put forward their own projects that they otherwise couldn't make without help of an hired artist. i just dont think its there yet.

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
When is this update coming to Steam, or am I just confused?
Secondarily is there a Steam entry to wishlist for the up-coming part 2?

kentastic

Aug 7, 2021
I get your point, but it's not only slow, but something I can not afford to continue. Here is the character art preview btw. Can you explain to me in what way it looks worse? Different, sure.
i dont know, it just looks soulless to me. drawn art work comes from the artists heart and soul. i cant put my finger on it, but ai art work just looks fake, i dont know maybe its just me.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
i dont know, it just looks soulless to me. drawn art work comes from the artists heart and soul. i cant put my finger on it, but ai art work just looks fake, i dont know maybe its just me.
It would be very interesting exepriment to give you two art pieces and ask which one is ai and which one is hand drawn. Do you think you'd be able to tell them apart?

Reactions: Frankohh

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Drawn art work is very costly and time consuming. I play a few AVN's where the dev only updates every six months but you get about 45-60 minutes of run time. So to continue hand crafted and hand drawn characters the dev would have to pay a lot of money and we would have to wait 6 months or so to get an update. The dev has showed us some of the AI rendering and looks good. Not exactly the same but awful damn close.

Reactions: The Naughty Three

Frankohh

Oct 7, 2017
A repost from our Patreon:

Hey there, lovely supporters!

I wanted to take a moment to share some exciting news with you all. As you know, it's been two years since we first released our game, My Hypnotized Family. We've come a long way since then, and I'm thrilled to announce that we've just released our latest update!

This massive update includes over 20,000 lines of code and three lewd scenes featuring all your favorite characters. In this update, you'll get to mind-break your older sister Helen and make her either your slave or lover, depending on your choices. You'll also get to ragdoll mouth fuck your little sister Lucy while she's in a hypnotic trance. And let's not forget about your juicy MILF of a mother - you'll get to have sex with her too!

This marks the end of the first episode of the game, and we couldn't have done it without your support. However, as you may know, the situation has changed a lot in the last two years. Games like ours are being banned on Patreon, and we've faced many challenges. That's why we've made the decision to use AI art in the next episode.

I know some of you might be worried about the art style changing, but I promise you that the game will still have the same drive and the same characters you've come to love. And the best part is that using AI art means we can create the game so much faster, going from turtle speed to rabbit speed!

Of course, I understand that some people may not like the idea of using AI art, and that’s why we separated the game into episodes, and the episode you just played through was made 100% by humans.

And in the next episode I want to assure you that we'll be using AI carefully and thoughtfully. This update is a big one, with a lot of juicy details and a cliffhanger at the end. I think you're going to love it.

Thank you all so much for your continued support, both emotionally and financially. You've kept this project going, and I can't wait to share the next episode with you.

Stay tuned for more updates and thank you again for being such an amazing community
I don't want to be rude, but if the problem is Patreon, wouldn't be better to use another site like Subscribestar or something like that?

Reactions: machibombo

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
Go to rule34 and check ai art tag in there, and you can see personal style of some "AI artists". There's a high degree of customization for this stuff, and besides, it's basically just rolling dice until a good picture is generated.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
I don't want to be rude, but if the problem is Patreon, wouldn't be better to use another site like Subscribestar or something like that?

Nothing rude in your question. But SubscribeStar always gets less subscribers and we're not banned by Patreon anyway (although we will be, the game is pretty much against 5 or 6 of their new rules). The reality is the game has been in the red for couple of last months. So the choice was to kill it, or finish it as purely artistic project, but then I'll have to cut cost. And once we're banned by Patreon, most users will not switch to SubscibeStar. You can see hundreds of such cases. Around 10-20% of supporters switch for other games. Also, we do have a SubscribeStar account. The game has either been breaking even or in the red. I learned a ton, and it was an interesting experience, but if I ever make anything in adult gaming, expenses should be close to zero and not expect any success other than creative expression.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
I like some sandbox elements. Just no damn mini games or making the game have an economy that make you grind shit out every day.
well i dont mind the mini game if dev make fun to do and its the same with economy like yes i hate two if you make also nothing but if you make an okay money or can work up to make money then i think its fine

Reactions: divingmedic
3.30 star(s) 10 Votes