VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
I don't know if the hair makes her taller but she is slightly taller than the other girls, even without it.
I'm not talking about her height in general. I mean if you look at her head where the calloc is and envision her head shape without hair, It seems like it would be ridiculously tall.

Reactions: Ellaraia

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
I don't say this to offend you by the way, I just think it's good to point things out to developers in case they agree and will consider it in the future.

Altaira

Mar 12, 2018
I just needed a white country which spoke english that wasn't the UK or US. There weren't many choices. :(
Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Malta, South Africa,

And lets not start with the fact that a foreign exchange student would already speak English (or they wouldn't be allowed to come to the exchange).
If you need a pale person, you have the whole of Scandinavia to choose from (and pretty much the rest of Europe).
The Dutch have an enchanting accent.
Of course, each of the big group of languages (Romanic, Germanic, Slavic,...) speaks English with its own accent (being formed by the peculiarities of their native tongue).

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018

And lets not start with the fact that a foreign exchange student would already speak English (or they wouldn't be allowed to come to the exchange).
If you need a pale person, you have the whole of Scandinavia to choose from (and pretty much the rest of Europe).
Of course, each of the big group of languages (Romanic, Germanic, Slavic,...) speaks English with its own accent (being formed by the peculiarities of their native tongue).
First of all, does it really matter? it took me 5 seconds to decide where she was from. It's an excuse for her to be living with you and not have many friends. I'm not making a statement with her nationality.

I'll entertain you though:

Austrailia - I already said I didn't want that.
New Zealand - Clump it in with Australia
Ireland - a F-Ex student from Ireland to the UK is not a F-Ex student, but on a short holiday.

She should speak ONLY english. That way you can overhear her which may play into the story in future. This rules out all of continental europe, I think malta too but I'm not 100% on that one but I think French is spoken there too.
She's very pale, so can't be from any Mediterranean country, including Malta, or South Africa.
She has brown hair, so can't be from Scandinavia.
She is supposed to be cute, and I think a South African accent is the farthest thing from cute. It's a very thick and noticeable accent.

I don't know why I wrote any of that. I really don't give a fuck.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018

Loose definition of "English" lol.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I'm not talking about her height in general. I mean if you look at her head where the calloc is and envision her head shape without hair, It seems like it would be ridiculously tall.
It may also be the model. I went through a lot of itterations creating the characters. There is a reason that the models used are often repeated in these games, most of them are awful. There is also a very small amount of hair that looks decent.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Money wasn't the problem and MyLK is designed to be simpler and less stressful so that I don't have to spend all of my free time on it.

And don't get me started on games whose patreons have been touched in closing in on a year and are still getting hundreds of dollars a month.
I did not say money was the issue with the previous game. I get it open world games are a nightmare and stressful don't even get me started on the damn coding for it. Glad you switched to this tbh. My point was you have always worked your ass off. Yet are barely getting anything in return. It's a shame because if you had higher income we could get even bigger updates and you could fully stretch your creative mind. I have always loved your updates way too many devs releasing low content updates in 3 months cycles. Keep up the good work

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I did not say money was the issue with the previous game. I get it open world games are a nightmare and stressful don't even get me started on the damn coding for it. Glad you switched to this tbh. My point was you have always worked your ass off. Yet are barely getting anything in return. It's a shame because if you had higher income we could get even bigger updates and you could fully stretch your creative mind. I have always loved your updates way too many devs releasing low content updates in 3 months cycles. Keep up the good work
I saw that too and I appreciate your words. I've stopped looking at other patreons because it just annoys me. Seeing games release with a pretty character or two, receive $2K then not update in the next 3-5 months doesn't exactly make me happy.

I've still not made a profit on ShF+MyLK, but I enjoy creating things like this. There are definitely things that I want to do with MyLK that I probably won't be able to, but that's fine. I'm mainly talking about more choices. Sadly, choices are expensive in both time and money.

I felt really bad the last few months for not releasing something of substance, I spent too much time worrying that I should have spent on actually progressing the games. Trying to cram 2 updates into a single month wasn't a great idea, but it's how I wanted to release the game.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
@Ellaraia wifes gunna pledge when she gets back from Spain on Thursday. What's your policy on updates leaking? Normally I don't hesitate but as your not earning a great deal I dont want to be a cunt and leak if its gunna have an adverse effect.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
@Ellaraia wifes gunna pledge when she gets back from Spain on Thursday. What's your policy on updates leaking? Normally I don't hesitate but as your not earning a great deal I dont want to be a cunt and leak if its gunna have an adverse effect.
I obviously prefer for them not to leak, but it'll happen anyway. It'd be nice if Chapter 1 got a few days to breath before Chapter 2 is leaked.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Interesting story, thank you.
For now, that's an odd relationship the MC has with his girlfriend. You give her oral (seems more than this one time) and MC get nothing in return, she sets you up all the time...
Maybe she is a lesbian and uses you as an excuse she is not one? :unsure:
I would rather have no GF than one which is doing this to me. ^^

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Interesting story, thank you.
For now, that's an odd relationship the MC has with his girlfriend. You give her oral (seems more than this one time) and MC get nothing in return, she sets you up all the time...
Maybe she is a lesbian and uses you as an excuse she is not one? :unsure:
I would rather have no GF than one which is doing this to me. ^^
She reciprocates in chapter 2.

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
So gonna go for Sophie and rub in it on Lucy's face if it's an option, just like she deserves it :cool:

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
Pretty good looking game thus far, i quiet like it more then your previews game
more story driven rather then management alike...i hope you keep it that way
you might have a new patreon once i see a bit more of your game.

Reactions: Tom10 and Ellaraia

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
MyLK will not have NTR content. I've dealt with that fuss before and I'd rather not do so again.
This is good to head, since with how chapter 1 is set up, it really does seem to be heading that way with his GF.
Not a virgin refuses to have sex with him, only lets him lick her. Bails on their plans all the time.
She's either cheating or a shit person toying with the mc. Not considering his feelings at all, communication is key. She seems to be doing none. That's my first impression of her anyway thus so far I dislike her as a character a lot.
But well whatever happens could be something I can't predict currently so that's interesting at least.

saw your message that she reciprocates in ch.2, but well I am more interested in what's up with her current attitude towards the mc.
I do not think you wont show us that obviously. It's just chapter 1 after all.

Oh and Scandinavians do have brown hair. We're not all blond and blue eyed Aryans ;) Though that may have made hitler like us enough not to attack during ww2. So hey, there is that ;)

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Oh, so this is your new one. Hope your motivation lasts. Good luck with it, I'm sure looking forward to it.
Though I'll probably wait until chapter 2 to take a look inside.

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes