MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If I remember right and that might be the case but didn't Martin kill a person or something and then threatened the MC's mother that he would do the same to her if she went to the cops or try to take the MC? that is the reason the MC's mom never tried to contact the MC.

Alice also stated that she got the address of where the MC might be staying at in the city so he knew where the family is and could have harmed the family if Martin wasn't dying but he also either has contacts or the skills to even with him dying had the ability to cause great injury to a healthy young male(the MC's ex GF).

Granny took all this into account while able to keep an eye on the MC but still keeping her distance as to not cause harm to the family as a whole.
I don't honestly remember, once the game is done I plan on playing it all so that my poor brain can actually retain all of the knowledge.

That's confusing too since Alice was able to find the family but then Martin in the phone call said he's been looking for the MC and wasn't able to find him?

I suppose I just don't like the idea of a child living in a horrible, torturous environment and someone who could, maybe, save them doesn't do shit until they are grown up.

OK. If she know how dangerous Martin is, why did she blame Becca for not doing more. That's a dick move.
Right? Elaine is just throwing everyone under the bus. She's pulling the classic dick move of shifting the majority of blame onto other people and not really explaining her years of inaction. If she has the money and resources to keep track of the MC then how does she not have the money and resources to take the MC, his mom and her new family, and move them to a new place?

AmIReal

Jan 21, 2018
OK. If she know how dangerous Martin is, why did she blame Becca for not doing more. That's a dick move.
I don't think she blamed Becca. I think it was more Becca was blaming herself and projecting her own anger that she couldn't do anything to help the MC out. Granny might not have known in the beginning how dangerous Martin was and found out over time just how crazy that nut job really is.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Right? Elaine is just throwing everyone under the bus. She's pulling the classic dick move of shifting the majority of blame onto other people and not really explaining her years of inaction. If she has the money and resources to keep track of the MC then how does she not have the money and resources to take the MC, his mom and her new family, and move them to a new place?
I guess because she doesn't want to face MC. She can't do anything risky while MC stayed with Martin. But when MC moved out, she feel guilty for doing nothing for so long. So she kinda left MC to rot there until his life fell apart.
I don't think she blamed Becca. I think it was more Becca was blaming herself and projecting her own anger that she couldn't do anything to help the MC out. Granny might not have known in the beginning how dangerous Martin was and found out over time just how crazy that nut job really is.
I remembered someone said that Elaine blamed Becca. Lemme find it.
Edit: I found it. Elaine's not say it directly but you get the vibe.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killer7

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Like Badjourasmix said its basically up to Killer7 to really explain it to us in the end. I am just saying what I personally get from the story and read between the lines from what we currently know and also from some personal experience with similar situations that friends and family have gone through.

On a side note, you know a story is good if there is this much of an in depth conversation about the story/back story and plot lines happening in it. Great Work Killer7.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Okay, to give a explanation about Martin and some more:

Alice found Martin and asked him about the rest of his household. He told Alice that his tennant is probably with his "Whore of a landlady" and to fuck off as well because he sure as hell never wanted a female tennant. Alice found out where Becca lives because this was her only lead. She found her address and decided to just go for it. At this point of the story the landlord still wasn't sure where MC is, he just assumed. When he found out that his (ex) girlfriend cheated on him and he moved away he decided to ask around if anyone knew where he was. He tried this in the hope to see him again after he was diagnosed with his liver problems. Knowing that he beat up the new boyfriend of his ex, Elaine made MC call him to make sure he stops looking for him. This is when we find out that he is dying, something that even Elaine didn't know.

A bit further back in the past of MC when he was a child his father almost killed one of his co-workers. That's when the police showed up and Becca heard everything. That was the moment Martin threatened to kill her if she doesn't fuck off. Elaine found out how far his reach can go a few years later, deciding to not intervene and hope that MC can at least grow up without being physically abused. Once MC turned 18 and she found out that he moved out she didn't think about him too much anymore, Elaine thought that he finally moved on and that he probably hates his landlady and this part of the household anyway. A few years later the girlfriend cheated on him, he lost his job and got the eviction notice. Elaine knew that he didn't have anybody and she sure as hell didn't want him to move back with his landlord. She was able to get someone to slip an old picture of MC and Becca into one of his books, that's when the returning back to Becca thought crossed his mind. As soon as Elaine found out that he is on his way to his landlady she stopped everything regarding investigations for him. But then Alice showed up and well... I explained in the beginning what happened there. Elaine thought that his landlord surely will look for him when Alice doesn't return, she had no idea he would look for him for different reason, just that he eventually will do so.

I hope that explained it a bit :D.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Alice found Martin and asked him about the rest of his household. He told Alice that his tennant is probably with his "Whore of a landlady" and to fuck off as well because he sure as hell never wanted a female tennant. Alice found out where Becca lives because this was her only lead. She found her address and decided to just go for it. At this point of the story the landlord still wasn't sure where MC is, he just assumed. When he found out that his (ex) girlfriend cheated on him and he moved away he decided to ask around if anyone knew where he was. He tried this in the hope to see him again after he was diagnosed with his liver problems. Knowing that he beat up the new boyfriend of his ex, Elaine made MC call him to make sure he stops looking for him. This is when we find out that he is dying, something that even Elaine didn't know.

A bit further back in the past of MC when he was a child his father almost killed one of his co-workers. That's when the police showed up and Becca heard everything. That was the moment Martin threatened to kill her if she doesn't fuck off. Elaine found out how far his reach can go a few years later, deciding to not intervene and hope that MC can at least grow up without being physically abused. Once MC turned 18 and she found out that he moved out she didn't think about him too much anymore, Elaine thought that he finally moved on and that he probably hates his landlady and this part of the household anyway. A few years later the girlfriend cheated on him, he lost his job and got the eviction notice. Elaine knew that he didn't have anybody and she sure as hell didn't want him to move back with his landlord. She was able to get someone to slip an old picture of MC and Becca into one of his books, that's when the returning back to Becca thought crossed his mind. As soon as Elaine found out that he is on his way to his landlady she stopped everything regarding investigations for him. But then Alice showed up and well... I explained in the beginning what happened there. Elaine thought that his landlord surely will look for him when Alice doesn't return, she had no idea he would look for him for different reason, just that he eventually will do so.

It helps, I suppose I will just have to accept game/your logic because I'd murder the world to save my child from that type of environment. The fact that the mom left in fear for her life I get, I just don't like the grandmother sitting idly by and watching him suffer.

I'd suggest that maybe you add that the MC had rare moments in his past where he met kind strangers or people were unusually nice to him and it turns out that that was because his grandmother arranged those moments. Just a suggestion but it would go a long way to absolving her of the guilt brought on by her inaction.

Obviously that's just me and my brain. No reason you should feel compelled.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Just out of curiosity, how old is the mc supposed to be? He is like in his early 20's or is he a bit older?

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
It helps, I suppose I will just have to accept game/your logic because I'd murder the world to save my child from that type of environment. The fact that the mom left in fear for her life I get, I just don't like the grandmother sitting idly by and watching him suffer.

I'd suggest that maybe you add that the MC had rare moments in his past where he met kind strangers or people were unusually nice to him and it turns out that that was because his grandmother arranged those moments. Just a suggestion but it would go a long way to absolving her of the guilt brought on by her inaction.

Obviously that's just me and my brain. No reason you should feel compelled.
While his father was an asshole that mostly stuck to drinking, he never abused or physically hurt MC. He sure as hell was a bad father, but he didn't let his son starve and looked out for him ( more or less ).

Just out of curiosity, how old is the mc supposed to be? He is like in his early 20's or is he a bit older?
While I don't do ages this a good estimate. Somewhat in his 20's I guess.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Bond0788

Apr 28, 2020
Killer did an EXCELLENT job of explaining Martin in a way that makes sense to his overall story that he is telling.

While not all of us are in love with Elaine (I sure wasn't after the first meeting), once she explained herself, I understood Killer's POV of the overall story of his game.

While adding moments like that MrFriendly I am not sure how it would play into the overall story element (maybe in the form of a dream sequence or two) but at the end of the day, Martin only cared for MC and no one else, so it shows a little bit of another side to Martin that we didn't get when the story was explained early on in the game.

I, for one, am enjoying the game and can't wait for 0.11 and beyond to see how the story plays out.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018

And this is exactly why we love you Killer7. You answer the burning questions with fervor and tact and still leave us wanting more. :)

Bond0788

Apr 28, 2020
I would guess mid 20's (but that's just me) going off the small bit of info we have at the beginning, coupled with some basic math.

Killer would be able to answer that better.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
While his father was an asshole that mostly stuck to drinking, he never abused or physically hurt MC. He sure as hell was a bad father, but he didn't let his son starve and looked out for him ( more or less ).

While I don't do ages this a good estimate. Somewhat in his 20's I guess.
Abuse doesn't have to be physical only. Martin, at minimum, seems to be an emotionally abusive person. I don't want to belabor the point but providing for someone takes more than fulfilling the basic physical needs.
If he was so terrible that his son is glad he's dying alone it feels like there has to be something abusive to it.

Obviously your story and I am pretty much just speculating. Still don't see Elaine in a good light.

Killer did an EXCELLENT job of explaining Martin in a way that makes sense to his overall story that he is telling.

While not all of us are in love with Elaine (I sure wasn't after the first meeting), once she explained herself, I understood Killer's POV of the overall story of his game.

While adding moments like that MrFriendly I am not sure how it would play into the overall story element (maybe in the form of a dream sequence or two) but at the end of the day, Martin only cared for MC and no one else, so it shows a little bit of another side to Martin that we didn't get when the story was explained early on in the game.

I, for one, am enjoying the game and can't wait for 0.11 and beyond to see how the story plays out.
I was thinking dreams or just even conversation between the MC and the granny.

If Martin is such a scary person that no one would go near the MC until he was older (and at his lowest point), if the MC hates Martin so much that he wants to never see him and is glad that alcoholism will finally kill him, then is it really believable that Martin didn't abuse the MC at all but was merely neglectful?

I've said it before and I will reiterate, I am merely speculating and discussing. I still love Killer7 and the game even if I don't find Elaine worthwhile right now.

AmIReal

Jan 21, 2018
Since Alice went to college you figure 4 years for that since she left the orphanage when she was 18 so that would put her at around the age of 22 or so. I'm thinking there is probably about a 5 year age gap between those 2 so that would be around 27 for the MC . Sandra is a little tough though you figure but I would guess about 24 or so since Becca was probably scared to death of men dealing with Martin. Not sure about Lucy I would guess about 22 as well. These are my views and opinions on their ages.

Bond0788

Apr 28, 2020
It is easier to guestimate Alice's age simply because she actually gives a time frame. But I agree with your reasoning as well.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Killer7 This was a great update, loved it.

My only disappointment, though small, is that we didn't get to slip the kielbasa to Lucy. Looking forward to that in the next episode.

And hey, I'm forgiving by nature. As long as I get to slide the trouser trout to grandma at some point I'll be happy.

cough

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Abuse doesn't have to be physical only. Martin, at minimum, seems to be an emotionally abusive person. I don't want to belabor the point but providing for someone takes more than fulfilling the basic physical needs.
If he was so terrible that his son is glad he's dying alone it feels like there has to be something abusive to it.

Obviously your story and I am pretty much just speculating. Still don't see Elaine in a good light.

I was thinking dreams or just even conversation between the MC and the granny.

If Martin is such a scary person that no one would go near the MC until he was older (and at his lowest point), if the MC hates Martin so much that he wants to never see him and is glad that alcoholism will finally kill him, then is it really believable that Martin didn't abuse the MC at all but was merely neglectful?

I've said it before and I will reiterate, I am merely speculating and discussing. I still love Killer7 and the game even if I don't find Elaine worthwhile right now.
The reason MC is happy that he will be dying soon is because of what happened to becca and alice's landlady, not just because he was an asshole when he was a child. He is happy that he can never hurt someone again.

Okay maybe happy is the wrong word. Relieved is better.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes