Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
But will we even see any of them actually walking around pregnant? I mean the game has adhered to a solid time line so K7 would have to start doing time jumps for preggers belly (or bellies) to happen.
One of the reasons Summertime Saga has a the whole process done in about two weeks. Each trimester lasts a few days.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
One of the reasons Summertime Saga has a the whole process done in about two weeks. Each trimester lasts a few days.
Never got into that game, way too grindy, and the MC is too dorky. I know it's popular but it just doesn't appeal. Would be nice to have sped up pregnancy or flash forwards or something.

Reactions: GrammerCop

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Never got into that game, way too grindy, and the MC is too dorky. I know it's popular but it just doesn't appeal. Would be nice to have sped up pregnancy or flash forwards or something.
With all these pregnancies, Dark Cookie *finally* added pregnant sex for one of the characters. The player base called for more. Grindy? Perhaps. I found that games like Big Brother/Glamour and many others to be even more so. My New Family seems to be an exception. Little grind, and no creepiness. I don't know if I've seen an MC like the one we have here in any other game.

Reactions: Mooboy2000

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
With all these pregnancies, Dark Cookie *finally* added pregnant sex for one of the characters. The player base called for more. Grindy? Perhaps. I found that games like Big Brother/Glamour and many others to be even more so. My New Family seems to be an exception. Little grind, and no creepiness. I don't know if I've seen an MC like the one we have here in any other game.
Yeah, I didn't play BB or Glamour. I prefer ren'py VN's with story and choices versus "go here, do this x200 times, earn enough money to buy Y item, etc". There are a few games that I've enjoyed that are all choice based and not grindy.

Reactions: Chicken Knight

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Yeah, I didn't play BB or Glamour. I prefer ren'py VN's with story and choices versus "go here, do this x200 times, earn enough money to buy Y item, etc". There are a few games that I've enjoyed that are all choice based and not grindy.
i agree i don't really care for those grind games ... storyline games are the way to go .. keeps the games interesting like MNF ....

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
i agree i don't really care for those grind games ... storyline games are the way to go .. keeps the games interesting like MNF ....
Exactly, I feel you get more character depth in story games like MNF. In games like Summertime Saga you end up spending most of your time grinding for a chance to maybe see someone nude.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
or the games that you repeat the same freakin day over and over and over .. who the hell came up with that idea ? (n)
Yeah, I don't understand how that is appealing... I don't necessarily want attaining sex to be easy but I also don't want to spend hours of gameplay working to see one really short and poorly (if at all) animated sex scene. To me Story is the most important thing in these games.

Mooboy2000

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah, I don't understand how that is appealing... I don't necessarily want attaining sex to be easy but I also don't want to spend hours of gameplay working to see one really short and poorly (if at all) animated sex scene. To me Story is the most important thing in these games.
I don't mind a little grind (heh), but story is what's important for me. I've played games with 20+ hours of gameplay and felt nothing and then I've played games that have had about 4+ hours that have had more meaningful dialogue than ever. That's why I love MNF, also, not sure if you meant it this way or not Killer7, and I haven't noticed anyone else comment on it but, I absolutely loved the Mister Rogers reference when you are talking to alice the first time about being small when she wanted cereal. I grew up with Mister Rogers and had to stop for a few on that one to go watch a couple episodes lol.

"It doesn't matter if your small or tall, what matters is you are perfect just the way you are"

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I don't mind a little grind (heh), but story is what's important for me. I've played games with 20+ hours of gameplay and felt nothing and then I've played games that have had about 4+ hours that have had more meaningful dialogue than ever. That's why I love MNF, also, not sure if you meant it this way or not Killer7, and I haven't noticed anyone else comment on it but, I absolutely loved the Mister Rogers reference when you are talking to alice the first time about being small when she wanted cereal. I grew up with Mister Rogers and had to stop for a few on that one to go watch a couple episodes lol.

"It doesn't matter if your small or tall, what matters is you are perfect just the way you are"
MNF and Unleashed are my 2nd place games .. i can't pick one over the other , i love them both evenly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I have no idea, but I agree 101% with you guys.

I simply hate those kind of games, and if you tried to play Cure my addiction You know exactly what I mean.... worst game I tried, and I tried quite a few....
Yeah, there's another where you are doing a groundhog day type thing. I don't want to do the same damn thing over and over again just to see a render nude or some animations. I like being told a story, whether is a lighter more wholesome story like MNF (which besides the father figures being assholes is fairly safe) or more dangerous stories. I'd rather someone write a narrative that I get to make choices that matter than having to accumulate reputation or coin or whatever to advance one step and have to take 40 steps to get to the top.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
I have no idea, but I agree 101% with you guys.

I simply hate those kind of games, and if you tried to play Cure my addiction You know exactly what I mean.... worst game I tried, and I tried quite a few....
Surely it can’t be worse than Tangled Up? Because That’s the grindiest of all nightmarish grinds. With added engrish and unattractive/unlikeable characters.

D

Deleted member 2248518

Started playing this game few days ago and i love it. I have some questions tho.

I noticed that the game is divided into chapters, is it like every update has a new chapter?
For example 0.11 has 11 chapters and 0.12 will add 12th? (im still at 6th chapter)

Will my saves work for 0.12?

And finally, i noticed ppl saying that you can somehow toggle the landlady/mom speech. How?

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
Started playing this game few days ago and i love it. I have some questions tho.

I noticed that the game is divided into chapters, is it like every update has a new chapter?
For example 0.11 has 11 chapters and 0.12 will add 12th? (im still at 6th chapter)

Will my saves work for 0.12?

And finally, i noticed ppl saying that you can somehow toggle the landlady/mom speech. How?
Not exactly sure what you mean, but all unless stated the saves from previous should work in the new versions. Just make sure you save before the game ends and then once you download the new version you can load the previous save from your last version and it should continue like normal.

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
It's really heartwarming to see your posts guys :) Makes me happy that I created something that people truly enjoy.

With that said, yes, I will be able to release 0.12 this month. :)
4 more days, I'm excited to see what you have in store.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
VN games are the way to go 100%
Yeah, I am a huge fan of VN's, mostly of the ren'py variety. I lean toward the Daz3d type because the visuals are better, but I don't avoid the Honey Select games as much as I did (mostly because MNF convinced me to give more of them a chance). My only dislike is the ones that add a sandbox element but there are even some of those I play.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes