ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I just started MNF 45 minutes ago, so it's much too early for a proper review, but I wanted to leave some first impression feedback:

Easy accessible. As someone who - when given a choice - always chooses the love route I kinda like it.

There is something that really irks me from an aesthetic point of view: The dimensions of the furniture, the architecture and the surroundings are off. The characters often seem lost in the picture. A more narrow crop would help. For example when you meet Lucy on day 2, when she's lying near the pool, she is so far away even when you're talking that the feeling is almost Kafkaesque. Sitting at the kitchen table feels like children sitting on a giant's table. I don't know if that ever came up on the 209 pages, just thought I'd tell you in case it didn't.

Will play more the next days and write a proper review when I either finished v0.11 or stop playing for some reason.
its nice to know you enjoy this game ,... it is great but your post should have been in ratings

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
its nice to know you enjoy this game ,... it is great but your post should have been in ratings
It will be, that's why I wrote: " I just started MNF 45 minutes ago, so it's much too early for a proper review, but I wanted to leave some first impression feedback: "

Reactions: pwnography

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
It will be, that's why I wrote: " I just started MNF 45 minutes ago, so it's much too early for a proper review, but I wanted to leave some first impression feedback: "
it is a wonderful game , i've been playing since the start and will play till the end ,, including the Dev's next game :)

Reactions: L30

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I just started MNF 45 minutes ago, so it's much too early for a proper review, but I wanted to leave some first impression feedback:

Easy accessible. As someone who - when given a choice - always chooses the love route I kinda like it.

There is something that really irks me from an aesthetic point of view: The dimensions of the furniture, the architecture and the surroundings are off. The characters often seem lost in the picture. A more narrow crop would help. For example when you meet Lucy on day 2, when she's lying near the pool, she is so far away even when you're talking that the feeling is almost Kafkaesque. Sitting at the kitchen table feels like children sitting on a giant's table. I don't know if that ever came up on the 209 pages, just thought I'd tell you in case it didn't.

Will play more the next days and write a proper review when I either finished v0.11 or stop playing for some reason.
Yeah thats why I remade those cgs for 0.12. You can see a comparison a few posts back. The early cgs are still a bit iffy.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020

v0.12 is coming out this month. And from some of the posts, some of the renders have been remade. Might want to wait for it.

Reactions: Grimtown

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
The plan is still to remake the "very bad" looking cgs at some point. This includes the early animations ( Marys boobjob, Fionas first sex in the office etc ). I will do that over the rest of the year :).

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Well I know that the early cg's are pretty bad to what you started to see after 0.6 - That's when I got more confident in my work. One of the main reasons I remade the complete first day for 0.5 was exactly that - the horrible point of view on some cg's.

lucyroom3.png

I mean, look at that. What was I thinking? Is MC Hagrid? :D

This is how it looks now:

lucyroom3.png

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Well I know that the early cg's are pretty bad to what you started to see after 0.6 - That's when I got more confident in my work. One of the main reasons I remade the complete first day for 0.5 was exactly that - the horrible point of view on some cg's.

View attachment 748918

ok this makes me feel like i'm scrapping my head on the ceiling :ROFLMAO:

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018

View attachment 748918

View attachment 748920
Hey Hagrid needs love too. Love the changes and can't wait to play from the start again, tomorrow.

ezgif-2-2ce93bba9f94.gif

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

View attachment 748918

View attachment 748920
Not just the perspective, but the lighting is better as well, and that skybox looks amazing, but I have to say I do love that the void is still there, and I hope that is gonna be a constant at least on the MNF series.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Not just the perspective, but the lighting is better as well, and that skybox looks amazing, but I have to say I do love that the void is still there, and I hope that is gonna be a constant at least on the MNF series.
I was actually debating on changing that but now that the void has become a joke I'm going to keep it. Just like not having people in the city if MC is around. Though you might see some in 0.12... :p

Dad of Boy

Jan 20, 2018
Really enjoyed this game. Was a good read, if a little cliche at points. Leaving the dialogue on "tenant" and "roommate" is really, really funny and I genuinely recommend it. Definitely improved my experience.

Only thing I have to say for the dev is that the H CGs are weirdly spaced out? I feel like I'll do about 30-ish minutes of reading, no H scene, but then 20 minutes after that scene I'll be hit with 5 scenes in a row sometimes? I'm not complaining about the lack of H content, but I definitely think that spacing of the events (and by proxy pacing) would help with this.

Also, idk if this is planned at all, but possibly giving the player the agency to go to certain places at certain times (instead of automatically going to almost everyone every day) would make it feel better as a game. I totally get it though if that's not the case and respect the decision. Overall well made. Maddie's my favorite (abs just do it for me, man). Keep doing what you're doing.

bigmacaroni

Jan 6, 2019
It will be a household setting again, with roomates AND tennants. The smaller ones you see on the renders I made ( The one in todays progress update for example ) are the tennants, then the tall blonde one is a roomate and the black haired taller woman is a roomate. The redhead with the curls is the landlady.
sorry to get sorta off topic but I'm curious now...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KMN

68WX Insomniac Lurker Uber Edumacated Nerd
Donor
Jun 13, 2017
I was actually debating on changing that but now that the void has become a joke I'm going to keep it. Just like not having people in the city if MC is around. Though you might see some in 0.12... :p
I always had the impression we lived w/ a cliff behind the house... and the city was on a plateau... your walk to the beach was a jaunt down the cliff face... which is why it is so secluded... look at some of the cities along the Mediterranean coast for example...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes