VN - Ren'Py - Completed - My New Family [Christmas Special] [Killer7]

1. 3.00 star(s)

DavidF1970

Well what can I say, like many other reviews the game is long, very long. Lewd scenes are repetitive but I guess if they were to change drastically that would mean long waits between updates, there are far too many games with 6 months or longer between updates just to get better animations and renders etc, this game is just what it is a game to pass time with.

Ok gameplay the MC basically leaves his father who is a drunk obnoxious ass, and moves back with his mum whom he believes at the time abandoned him at a young age. He finds out he has half sisters one whom has cat features (tail, eyes and ears). Well yada yada, he ends up boning one of his sister's, in the meantime he bones his Aunt, his mother's boss, eventuall his cousin his cat sister, oh then he has another half sister from his father's side who was in an orphanage who tracks him down and he eventually bones her too then he bones his mum, and they are all pairing him up with other girls to bone as well.

It's a wonder his dick has not fallen off or he hasn't contracted some severe STD. But everyone just seems ok with the way things are and are all happy that he is boning everyone and they even like to watch him boning others in front of them.

There are scenes where he boning his mother and sister at the same time and after he cums inside them the sister sucks the cum out of the mother's pussy and vice versa.

Eventually he even starts to bone his granny whom surprisingly has the body of a middle aged model. He gets them or most of them up the duff and nearly every night it has super ginger naked cuddle time where all his sisters (and sometime mum) all sleep naked together and two of the sister play with each other.

The models are ok for the way the game is done they are not going to be too notch and the writing is not either, but for amount of time it takes to get through the game it will take you a long time . If you want something that is not too serious has lewd scenes with lots of people (albeit they all seem pretty much the same regardless of who your boning) then this is the game for you.

Rated 3/5 mainly because the game has a good length and it's entertaining in parts, cannot really rate it higher if trying to compare with other games, but I will hand it Devs I would have no idea how to even start to create a game so appreciate the opportunity to have a go.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

drunkenrioter

I've only just hit chapter 7 after about ten billion hours of playing. This game is... not good. I usually don't bother giving reviews to bad games, but Killer7 proved he can make something halfway decent elsewhere, so this one hurts more.

The only redeeming features of MNF are the length (holy shit, it just keeps going) and the extra thick harem logic that goes into the girls all loving the MC with no worries about him loving other girls as well (in fact, they're usually eager to set him up with more women). Mind-bogglingly unrealistic, but at least you don't have to worry about breaking any hearts.

The rest of the game is a fucking mess. There's no plot to speak of beyond small, quickly resolved arcs, the characters are all painfully one-note, the backgrounds and environments are all awful, the facial expressions are dead and static (especially the smile faces; they look like cadavers with curled lips)... But they aren't the worst part. The worst part is the goddamn writing.

Ignoring the the intent of the dialogue (which is still bad, but I think makes sense given the context of the dragged out story), the actual execution is atrocious. I see people say in some reviews for games that "this looks like a bad Google translation", and that's an accurate description here. No one sounds like a human being- they all sound like they speak another language and memorized all the words in English, but have no concept of proper grammar or syntax. They'll use bizarre tenses, replace words with synonyms that ruin intended phrases, refuse to regularly use proper contractions, and just generally read like machines affecting something approximating human conversation.

This game could deserve at least one extra star if Killer7 had a half-competent editor go over the dialogue.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

nightboy_

To be honest I dont understand how the game get so much good reviews, it seem people didnt try other games to compare to ?

I mean the amount of content is good but the execution is awful, the story by itself is "ok", no amazing but still ok, but the story telling is so wrong, almost everything feel unnatural, every girl reactions is uncredible.

Because of this i completely lost interest in the game, I played like 10 hours and nothing is happening, the MC is the most dumbest pussy I've ever see, girls are almost puting hints here and here about how they love the MC and how they want him, but he is just too much dumb to get it and just say every time "we go at your pace".
    Sorry to say but the MC just seem like a little kid with no experience at all in relations, even when the sex thing happen it seem so unnatural and rushed, looks like a teen who ejaculate after 30sec and he is done with the thing.

So because of this endless teasing and the almost inexistant rewards you get I stopped the game, at first it seemed good but it ended by just repetition over repetitions, and it was not pleasant anymore.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

AliceXxDawn

This might be the most repetitive game, and it doesn't even have any grinding. The "characters" just keep saying and doing the same things over and over and over again. I've not even started part 2 yet and I just want it to be over by now.

But it's biggest problem is that almost none of the characters are attractive. They all have noses that look like a little Hitler mustache and are just weird looking. One is a cat. One looks like an actual child. And what's with the tits either being absurdly large or non-existent?

Don't even get me started on the milieu.

What I do like about this game is that it contains cuddling and stuff like that, however. Not just straight to banging like many other games.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4406778

Hands down one of the best if not best VN's made (my new memories could be better we'll have to see), the story is solid the characters are just either hilarious or lovable and it's something you want to come back to, best relationship is definitely Lucy and Mc
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Angelray

It speaks soooo much from chapter 4 about a plot i don't care at all and which could have gone in one big discussion.
    Besides the game gets us girls in great number... then the sex scenes are all the same, and not inspiring.

Too bad because some characters are really fun.

I think that this is the first game of the author, and he did other things in between, and it really shows this.

I hope there will be a redo, otherwise i fear i'll never play it completely.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Shinlaw

The game feels like a NNN fever dream. But somehow it still keeps you going. 4 for a decent writing and a large amount of content.
    "If you think you can be my family without kissing my cock, hehehe, you are dead wrong."
  8. 5.00 star(s)

FallGuysBestGameLEL

Really enjoyed this game even though it's very, very long. You can clearly see that this was K7's first game and the improvement shows in My New Memories. Still, this is a very unique game because of the wholesomeness and zero drama policy the dev seems to be have. Everything just feels...Good. So if you ever have the urge to play something nice after you experienced something bad ( be it in another game or in real life ) then this game might be the good balsam you need. Not a huge fan of honey select but the story carries this game.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

YouKnowDean

I've played this game for about 20 hours and the two biggest points this game has going for it are the huge amount of content and the effort the dev put into it. Personally, I also think that the models are chosen nicely and there are a lot of renders purely to show different emotions.

The rest, however, is either mediocre or bad. The writing of the game makes it very clear that the author, at the point of making this content, has never been on a date, in a relationship and never had sex before. For the most part it also seems like the MC is an injection of the author, since he can't do anything wrong, even while his literally only good quality is being nice. Many parts of the dialog are unnatural and the pacing of the game is flat out terrible. The overall plot actually has a lot of potential, but the execution doesn't make any sense. None of the girls he meets have any plausible reason to fall in love with the MC and it instantly evolves into an endless repetetion of "I love you", "I feel save", "Going at your pace" and so on. That, by itself, wouldn't be bad, but espeically with the love interests that get introduced later that's just unnecessary and drags on for no reason. There are many girls that want to get physical with the MC, but the neckbeard reasoning for him not to want that is to...not rush it? It's infuriating and bad storytelling, because every one of those romance options plays out like you would expect at the start of a game, not so many hours into it.

And the pay off is mediocre at best. The sex scenes are in most cases not very sexy, often times softcore and end too quickly. That they look terrible is surely partly due to the engine, but the camera angles aren't great either. This is not a good game to get your fix for rewarding sex with characters that have great build up, it's literally unsatisfying.

One thing I want to emphasize is how cringy and nonsensical all characters in this game behave. Everybody instantly confesses their love for someone, even after only having known them for a week tops. And the by far weirdest part are plotlines that make revenge seem like the most romantic and normal thing ever to help someone overcome trauma. For this story point alone I would recommend the game, because it's so unbelievably ridiculous.

I respect the effort that goes into this game, but sadly that doesn't make it good.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

An_Able

In the beginning, I quite liked this game. It wasn't anything especially complicated, it was just a neat little game you could play that offered a simple story and some good vibes.

However, as both time and my playthrough went on, I realized something: this story is stilted and has overcome its welcome.

I think it started off well enough, there were some different dynamics between the MC and the girls and even amongst the girls themselves, but eventually all the relationships bog down to the same one copy-pasted but with a different girl. They may have different personalities, but they all react to the MC in the exact same way, which ruins the singularity of each girl.

Then there's the pacing... Ooof, it feels like an absolute slog after a while, especially because nothing interesting actually happens. Everything is scheduled beforehand, so there's a severe lack of spontaneity in the game. They arrange for a date, decide whether or not to have sex, and then they go home. They plan for vacations, they go on vacations, then do the same they would do when not on vacation but in a different place. How can being in a relationship with so many women feel this boring?

I think this was a good game that should have ended a while ago but kept going, ultimately to its own detriment.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

___abbas___

Easily one of the best games on this site .it's unbelievably wholesome. Seriously, there is not a single scene that will not put a smile on your face.

All the girls are cute and lovable and the writing is decent, at least better than most of you what you will see on here.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

Because of the render quality I honestly gave this game a pass for a bit but I kept noticing it and the high ratings its received. Having now played quite a bit of it it will definitely join the rank of games that I play through over and over every now and then.

TLDR; I lusted.. I laughed.. I even cried. If you have a soul, are okay with being less of a captain and more of a passenger on a journey and don't go rabid when you cannot be the bad guy in a story then give this one a try and see if you like it or not. As mentioned already I'll be keeping this on my rotation list for a very long time (if not forever).

The Good
    • The overall story is by far one of the sweeter/sadder ones out there. I really enjoyed reading a story with actual feels, a nice amount of drama (without being too melodramatic) and a huge cast of characters that feel distinct from each other. If after reading this you don't want to take cat girl into your arms and protect her from the world forever then I'd suggest you have no soul.
    • The Lucy sub story is amazing (and you can tell Killer7 cares about it considering how central of a point it is for so long).. I'm sure others will complain that it takes too long but I thought it worked really well at showing how someone so damaged by life would need care and compassion to get her to come out of her shell. Some will complain about the mysterious cat features but at the end of the day this story is well served by having some form of physical deformity that explains why she was mistreated and the cat features were by far the cutest, most fun way I can think of to provide this. Killer7 did a good job at giving her a skittish cat personality that pulls at the heart strings once you understand why she is the way she is.
    • There is a big variety of characters which means everyone can find someone for them. Yes, most of the time and energy is spent on the 3 core girls but everyone else gets a decent amount of time (though I should point out these are the most understanding women in the universe when it comes to your availability).
    • The length.. damn does this thing keep giving and giving. I'm sure there are some that will complain about this but honestly just take a break with another game if you need.. and when you run out of other options this little gem will still be waiting to give you more.
    • I enjoyed that Killer7 could make jokes at his own expense due to the resource/skill constraints that are obviously in place for a work this big. They went a tiny bit too long but I'd still prefer they be there then not.
    Areas of Improvement
    So there are definitely areas of improvement that I'd love to see happen over time BUT I would much rather the story be completed first (then again I'd honestly be happy if this story never ended and we got to see things over the years to see where Killer7's perverted little mind can take us). That said if Killer7 was bored or got a partner in crime to help out I'd suggest..
    • Review the grammar for things that are incorrect. Heck throw the dialog on github and ask for PRs to make corrections (not changes) from fans and I'd be happy to provide recommendations!
    • Work on improving the sex scenes over time. There are obvious resource constraints but over time it would be awesome if scenes got a 2nd pass to make improvements. MC really needs to learn what foreplay is considering he is supposed to be such a good/giving guy.
    • Allow proper skipping of certain characters sex acts. As is you end up getting a good amount of dialog that makes no sense (for instance from the super pancake aunt). This would require duplicating some dialog for important plot points but I think it would be worth it.
    • Rework the render for the Sun character a bit. She has this.. foggy? look to her that makes her stand out quite a bit from everyone else. I think the intent is to make her softer/gentle looking but it's just a bit jarring.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Crosaith.

Ehh... this game's kinda meh. There's a lot of content but most of it's boring and nothing really stands out.

Sex scenes are average to below average. Nothing made me think, "damn, that's hot af!!".

This is one of those predictable feel-good vanilla harem games... and that'd be fine in some cases if the protag wasn't cringy af and the story wasn't so zzz.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

TorilleTaraVan

Decide to make account for posting here. I play this game online but then found it here. Really like the story, cute characters (redhead!!!!) and a game to make you feel good. DIalogues might get repetive later but still like it. 4.5 / 5 stars but since there is no 4.5 I will give 5. And tip: don't play this games online, it fukks savegames
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Meghead

I saw this game on signatures on most of the users, and I thought, heck, if this game has so many fans, then it's good.
    How wrong I was ...

A boring stupid kinetic novel with no choice, with stupid clichéd dialogues and characters, the MC has no choice at all, if you don't like some girl and you rejected her, she can take other girls with her and block routes to them, how stupid it is.

Try it, you might like it (there is a girl with kitty ears and eyes in the normal world, it's so cute, woo, oh yeah, redheads too!)
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Rule97

Hindsight is 20/20.

I do not think what I'm about to say gives me a deeper or better understanding behind the devs or the game process mind but in retrospect I cannot believe how hyped i when i first saw this game.

If I had to define this game down to a T it would be "average" "mediocre"
    Renders? Not particularly good (or bad).
    Soundtrack? Not particlarly good (or bad).

Starting to see a pattern here?
    But I will point out that if there's something "bad" about the game, is the false sense of liberty at the moment of choice making, the story feels very geared to certain girls and certain actions and the "options" of not chasing certain lines of actions seems to remove from the game rather than give an alternative story, besides the unavoidable sister romance, there are the other two sisters, mother, aunt and cousin that the game tries to throw your way at every chance it can and how every character seems to want from the start to have the MCs kids and god forbide you not cum inside else it feels like the current female partner seems to chide you for it, I will admit i have a breeding fetish but when every character seems super duper on the idea of having your kdis from the getgo, it feels super cheap and makes the whole concept boring imo.

The other "bad" thing i'll mention (I say "bad" because i know these points are very subjective) is that it feels we are a passenger to the whole story, easily more than 90% of the game choices are in answer to things other characters says or do, we never have the initiative, we dont have real options, we have "flavours", you cant go no harem route, you have harem with more or less girls, but you'l get the harem wheter you like it or not.

Now, I wouldn't have a great problem with being only a passenger if I could find it very entertaining and charming, but I can't the writing is not bad per se, nor boring in itself, but it is uninspired and so clichè and that's whats makes it in itself boring, the MC is not a nice guy, he's just polite, the few times you dcan be rude to someone feel really forced and out of place, so again its clear the game (and the game itself tells you at first before playing) wants you to be polite and kind at all times but of the MC in itself I don't know what he likes or cares aobut, i think this game is a prime example of why these kind of self insert MC arent that good of an idea.

The characters at first seem somewhat interesting but they rapidly become 1dimensional you could use their portraits as a dictionary example of a stereotype, the girl that only thinks about sports, the single unt thats horny as fuck, the mean boss and bully who actually want to be dominated, the sister with motherly instincts, not to mention you and them are instantly attracted at the first moment. It literally feels like the moment a possible harem member is available the only thing that matters in this game, the only goal is the reach the "and they lived happily ever after" there's drama, but not conflict or struggle, there are no personal desires beyond finding your soulmate.

It is weird really there's tons of dialogue in this game, but most of it feels meaningless and a long winded way of reaching the point of fucking and then the3 fucking in itself is not that great so we are left with pointless tons of dialogue that dont make me feel endeared to the cast and a less than satisfying sex appeal.

My actual score would be 2.5 if the site allowed that.

My only real gripe with the game that makes me want to say out loud "Why?!", the elephant in the room (yes that's a clue, you can guess what) is the LITERAL CAT GIRL, to be clear, there's not one ounce of magic in this game or sci-fi elements, but for some reason there's an never known event where a girl has real functioning cat ears, eyes and tail.

Now i might have sounded too harsh but if you want easy happy-go-lucky harem games, then this game is absolutely for you, my only warning is that yes, the dialogue can become super tedious.

But on a personal view, it is disappoining how stale and shortcoming the game ended up being with the great potential it showed at first.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

K-Zen

v0.21

The Good
    - Writing with funny and deep interactions
    - Nice renders (well, HS does what HS does)
    - Girls each have differents personnalities, faces, body types and back ground stories
    - Events are somehow interesting

The Bad
    - Too much teenage drama or cringe dialogues with the young girls
    - Days developp always the same
    - Too much repetitions in dialogues (eg : I had to manually remove HUNDREDS of "Hmm" and others from the scripts)
    - Animations are always the same with the same ending (cum dripping from pussy...)
    - Sex scenes are not exciting at all and the angles are often bad. Hell, it's the first time I even click-skip sex scenes...
    It's annoying to have the MC that keeps asking the girls to be less loud during sex
    - I was expecting (hoping?) to see more lewd scenes involving 2 or more other protagonists.....I had to wait a looooooong time and it was such a disappointment. It's like a constant teasing but letting you blue balled at the end.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

SpearOfReigns

Fellow F95 user who I trusted as a tastemaker over the last year pulled a prank on me and recommend me this so might just as well leave a review.

A dull, bad, poorly written & boring Adult Visual Novel with outdated Honey Select models. Reading dialogues between the characters in this is so bizzarre, it was so bad that it's good and then went back to bad again. Everything looks stiff & unpolished, I expected more for someone with over 1k supporters on Patreon. I like some of harem AVN but this one is not it. 1/10.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

RareFishSticks

I don't get why this KN got so much attention. Like, I get it, some of these ideas are fine and interesting (WOW!!11 Catgirl!!1 MUCH WOW!!!1111 FRIST TIME EVA SEEN ONE!!), but they're executed very poorly. So I can't give this novel more than 4/10 for all it has shown to us. Good models, tho.

Pros:
    - good models
    - first few animations
    - eeehm... (there's must be something else ...I guess, nope)

Cons:
    - story/writting (it's not THAT bad, but believable premise/story building, logic, and common reasoning - don't exist here. My suspension of disbelief doesn't work with this KN)
    - "copy and paste" animations (hardcore reuse)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Paramount26

The game is absolutely excellent, filled with lots of family fucking, romantic moments and humour. The characters look amazing, the animation is good, the plot and 'plot' are all fantastic, and the story is wonderful.