Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I'm playing MNF for the first time and the videos don't work. I've tried using google to see if its a general renpy issue, but I've come up empty. Any ideas?
When you say the videos don't work, what exactly do you mean? They don't play? You get an error message? Black screen?
The game itself crashes?

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I'm stuck on start screen (Android) does anyone know how to fix this
Are you trying to start 0.17 without having played 0.14? That might be it. You have to finish 0.14 first before you can jump into 0.17 :).

Nijuichi21

Jan 31, 2019
So I just finished 0.14 and save when asked but when i put my 0.14 savefile to 0.17 it cant read my save file and im unable to continue the game. Im playing on android btw.

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
So I just finished 0.14 and save when asked but when i put my 0.14 savefile to 0.17 it cant read my save file and im unable to continue the game. Im playing on android btw.
There's a link in the OP for a save at the end of 0.14, I posted the save for other people who had trouble and/or lost their saves, it worked for them, also explains how to change the MC name.(y)

Nijuichi21

Jan 31, 2019
There's a link in the OP for a save at the end of 0.14, I posted the save for other people who had trouble and/or lost their saves, it worked for them, also explains how to change the MC name.(y)
Not working on Android coz the "saves" folder on android build is not showing. Even if i create a saves folder and put saves file in it the saves still won't show ingame.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Not working on Android coz the "saves" folder on android build is not showing. Even if i create a saves folder and put saves file in it the saves still won't show ingame.
If you are on Android 11 you have to use a file browser app for that. Android 11 kinda fucked with permissions in general so that's the only way to do it at the moment. I recommend for it, the save files are also located in Android/Data/my.n.family/files/saves in this case, since it won't use the external folder anymore.

Nijuichi21

Jan 31, 2019
If you are on Android 11 you have to use a file browser app for that. Android 11 kinda fucked with permissions in general so that's the only way to do it at the moment. I recommend for it, the save files are also located in Android/Data/my.n.family/files/saves in this case, since it won't use the external folder anymore.
Sadly my phone is Android 9. My last resort is to use Joiplay and it worked Im now able to play 0.17 btw thank you for creating this beautiful project.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Sadly my phone is Android 9. My last resort is to use Joiplay and it worked Im now able to play 0.17 btw thank you for creating this beautiful project.
Did they change so much? I'm on 8.1 and I even got the walkthrough mod running, to my surprise.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Did they change so much? I'm on 8.1 and I even got the walkthrough mod running, to my surprise.
Android 11 is pretty shitty for Ren'Py games. Since I upgraded I can't use the persistent savefile thing anymore on my phone except if I give the app ultra permissions - Which I don't really want to do :D.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Android 11 is pretty shitty for Ren'Py games. Since I upgraded I can't use the persistent savefile thing anymore on my phone except if I give the app ultra permissions - Which I don't really want to do :D.
Does that change if the phone is rooted? I'm thinking about buying a new phone but if I can't have my VNs on it, well then fuck that.^^

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Does that change if the phone is rooted? I'm thinking about buying a new phone but if I can't have my VNs on it, well then fuck that.^^
I have no idea to be honest. You can still play them fine, you just have to use a file browser app now and have to back up your savegames for each update. Except if you have an android port that requests those hyper permissions.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I have no idea to be honest. You can still play them fine, you just have to use a file browser app now and have to back up your savegames for each update. Except if you have an android port that requests those hyper permissions.
dam i'm glad i don't have a android cell now ... it sounds so screwed up .... i'm happy with my old flip phone :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
That sounds terrible.^^ File browser? Oh boi...

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes