JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Haven't played this one in a while, might replay it as I wait for it on here.

Here it is people, the pre-release for 0.23. It contains every day of Chapter 18! Don't forget to share your feedback here or on Discord

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
TL/DR: Broke graphics for My New Family. HELP!
---
So, I downloaded MNF .23 (legally) and got a couple "fun scenes" in when I realized I hadn't edited the graphics settings (which I do to help reduce lag 'cause old computer). So I did the shift-G and went to choose a specific setting when I saw one I hadn't before: software settings. This made sense to me, thinking the software could interpret what the scene wanted to do vs. what my computer could handle.

NOPE!

Reloaded the game, and got a message that my computer was too slow and the graphics weren't happy. Chose to continue loading the game, hit shift-G again, and instead of doing the SMART thing (restoring to default), I chose a different graphic setting (the one that starts with "A" I think).

Another bad idea.

When I reloaded the game again, I got the music, a blank screen, and nothing else. Tried loading an older version of the game, same thing. Tried loading a DIFFERENT Renpy game ... worked fine (WHEW!)

THEN I tried completely deleting the new version of the game, re-unpacking the zip file and trying again. No good. Tried on a different computer (fresh unpack) and it worked, so I'm not completely shut out from playing, but ...

I would upload a screenshot, but it's literally a blank black screen.

Anyway, help?

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
TL/DR: Broke graphics for My New Family. HELP!
---
So, I downloaded MNF .23 (legally) and got a couple "fun scenes" in when I realized I hadn't edited the graphics settings (which I do to help reduce lag 'cause old computer). So I did the shift-G and went to choose a specific setting when I saw one I hadn't before: software settings. This made sense to me, thinking the software could interpret what the scene wanted to do vs. what my computer could handle.

NOPE!

Reloaded the game, and got a message that my computer was too slow and the graphics weren't happy. Chose to continue loading the game, hit shift-G again, and instead of doing the SMART thing (restoring to default), I chose a different graphic setting (the one that starts with "A" I think).

Another bad idea.

When I reloaded the game again, I got the music, a blank screen, and nothing else. Tried loading an older version of the game, same thing. Tried loading a DIFFERENT Renpy game ... worked fine (WHEW!)

THEN I tried completely deleting the new version of the game, re-unpacking the zip file and trying again. No good. Tried on a different computer (fresh unpack) and it worked, so I'm not completely shut out from playing, but ...

I would upload a screenshot, but it's literally a blank black screen.

Anyway, help?
There are files in your appdata/roaming folder, try deleting them.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
Well looks like a good time to continue this, around an hour into part 2 and kinda went through a month of playing sanbox titles (I like the change of pace) but with this getting an update and I still need to start MNM I feel its a good time to get back into this.
Don't take that the wrong way as mentioned over on the MNM page I really enjoyed this one, I just burned out of reading VNs and wanted to click things.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Here it is people, the release of 0.23! This is probably the most important update so far, as you'll see once you play it. The very wholesome wedding and some more things will happen...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download links:

Win/Linux: - -
Mac: - -
Android: - -

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Here it is people, the release of 0.23! This is probably the most important update so far, as you'll see once you play it. The very wholesome wedding and some more things will happen...

Download links:

Good timing. Finished the pre-release. Now time to replay the game while waiting for MNM .4 ...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Download links:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :giggle: :love:

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes