Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
???
Das ist ja wirklich dünn, hätte jetzt nicht gedacht, dass es so wenig braucht...
Das + die Aussage von den Typen. Reicht leider aus für sowas. Das man chats (gerade whatsapp, denn darum geht's denen ) super easy faken kann ist denen egal.. die gucken erst mal.

English translation: That + the shit the guys said is enough for that, apparently. That they dont even have direct access to the chats and just a photo of a screenshot and that you can easily manipulate whatsapp chats in general ( because thats what they are after according to the search warrant, chat logs and emails/files etc ). Oh well...The waiting game is the worst. They're looking at it for now.

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
Wenn sie nichts finden, solltest du die Sachen auch wieder zurück bekommen.
Die Frage ist nur, wie lange das dauert.
Vielleicht hilft eine Anzeige wegen Verleumdung gegen unbekannt.

If the cops don't find something that confirms the suspicion you should get your hardware back.
The only question is how long it will take.
Maybe a criminal complaint for defamation against that unknown person would help.

Reactions: Killer7

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Wenn sie nichts finden, solltest du die Sachen auch wieder zurück bekommen.
Die Frage ist nur, wie lange das dauert.
Vielleicht hilft eine Anzeige wegen Verleumdung gegen unbekannt.

If the cops don't find something that confirms the suspicion you should get your hardware back.
The only question is how long it will take.
Maybe a criminal complaint for defamation against that unknown person would help.
That's the thing, they're not going to find anything, but who knows how long it will take till they searched them. It was 3 pcs ( 2 pcs had data on them ) + external ssds ( that contain the same data, just older ) + the two portable samsung ssds that I have that contain all my daz3d assets + my honey select etc. I'm also pretty scared if they broke my PC during transport because they didn't take out the 4090s from either pc. So yeah... A lot is up in the air atm. Given how slow our law system is in Germany it might take them some time to check everything. But if I get the ssds back, that would be more of an annoyance than an issue. Because I could replace the pcs with new ones in the meantime ( the costs would be huge but it would let me work on MNM again ). So once I have them back, I can be neutral again. Until then, I'm in the worst mental state in my life...

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
Until then, I'm in the worst mental state in my life...
That is absolutely understandable. We all know how quickly our authorities work...
The good thing is that you don't have to be afraid of getting caught.
But of course it's very annoying. Especially because you earn your money with that computer.
You want to deliver and don't upset paying customers.
It's not your fault. Unfortunately something like that can happen to anyone.

Reactions: QaliberDK

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
I'm also pretty scared if they broke my PC during transport because they didn't take out the 4090s from either pc.
Oof, that's definitely scary. I only have an EVGA 3080 and I find that to be ridiculously heavy for a card, I can only imagine how heavy an even bigger card is. Something I did with my card is I used a heavy gauge solid wire to support and anchor the GPU from top to bottom so that it can't flex up or down at all with twist ties on the side to add additional tension. It's not the prettiest thing to see (if you can see it as it's a black wire fairly hidden), but not even an earthquake can do anything to my GPU / motherboard socket. I was tired of seeing my GPUs warp / sag over time, so this was the solution I came up with that didn't involve me getting another expensive case just for a simple support bracket.

If it weren't for latency issues and probably other concerns for both of us, I'd offer you to just remote into mine to do some work for however long it takes (as I have 2 gaming PCs, the better one is just turned off 99% of the time). I'd receive the benefit of learning what's involved in that line of work (as I've been interested in making a few games for several years now) and production could continue. But I know that's probably not an option worth considering.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That's the thing, they're not going to find anything, but who knows how long it will take till they searched them. It was 3 pcs ( 2 pcs had data on them ) + external ssds ( that contain the same data, just older ) + the two portable samsung ssds that I have that contain all my daz3d assets + my honey select etc. I'm also pretty scared if they broke my PC during transport because they didn't take out the 4090s from either pc. So yeah... A lot is up in the air atm. Given how slow our law system is in Germany it might take them some time to check everything. But if I get the ssds back, that would be more of an annoyance than an issue. Because I could replace the pcs with new ones in the meantime ( the costs would be huge but it would let me work on MNM again ). So once I have them back, I can be neutral again. Until then, I'm in the worst mental state in my life...
All I can offer besides the ubiquitous "thoughts and prayers" ...

• Red Heart

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I know it's hard, but try to do things that will help you cheer you up even during this shitty situation, since constantly worrying about things you can't do anything about is only going to hurt your mental wellbeing.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Das + die Aussage von den Typen. Reicht leider aus für sowas. Das man chats (gerade whatsapp, denn darum geht's denen ) super easy faken kann ist denen egal.. die gucken erst mal.

English translation: That + the shit the guys said is enough for that, apparently. That they dont even have direct access to the chats and just a photo of a screenshot and that you can easily manipulate whatsapp chats in general ( because thats what they are after according to the search warrant, chat logs and emails/files etc ). Oh well...The waiting game is the worst. They're looking at it for now.
That seems like a very shitty system, one would think that you would need a lot more evidence to raid someone's house and take their stuff. I get that the cops need to investigate and they don't make the laws, but all of that over a screenshot that can very easily be manipulated seems a bit excessive.

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
That seems like a very shitty system, one would think that you would need a lot more evidence to raid someone's house and take their stuff. I get that the cops need to investigate and they don't make the laws, but all of that over a screenshot that can very easily be manipulated seems a bit excessive.
That's police for ya. Sadly, it's pretty normal in lots of places. I've seen shit like that here in Brazil, guy down the street was woken up by four cops that broke in into his house, rifles in hand.

Turns out they had the wrong adress. No lawsuit could be made, because "they had a warrant".

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020

This is the toughest post I ever had to make and I still can't believe this shit is happening right now. First, let me copy what I already posted on discord on Thursday...

Okay, I know that was kinda scary and super vague, and even worse, it was technically wrong ( not blackmailed, I'm getting framed ). I didn't want to worry anyone, but I wanted to keep you guys informed in case it will take longer than it did in the end. So I have some bad news, some super bad news and some neutral news.

I'm getting framed. Someone is framing me and now I'm getting accused of being some kind of crypto scammer. Everyone that knows me knows that I hate crypto, but apparently whatever evidence was provided, was enough. I got raided by the cops. They confiscated all my pcs and my phone. They took all devices that I had for backups at my place. That is the super bad news.

I'm super crippled in my ability to work atm. For some reason they didn't notice ( or didn't care ) about a Laptop I had ( it was still in its packaging behind other packages ). I have a backup copy of Honey Select on my own server, which I could download, and regarding the script I was just able to download the latest MNF beta and continue working there. So, I should be able to continue work on MNF without any big issues ( except the laptop handicap, I guess ).

Here comes the bad part, though: My New Memories and my DAZ3D assets. They are on my pcs and the external ssds I had. And they are with the cops right now. I have an appointment with an lawyer tomorrow, since this is some serious shit. I will tell him that I need these things for work and that I want them back. In germany, the cops usually just mirror your hard drives and then work with those copies. So I hope that this can be solved sooner than later, but I don't have a timeframe ( or know if I'll get anything back at all ). I only have the assets for Bethany and Sabrina in my mega cloud, since my daz3d in general is over 1TB big. So I have no idea when I can continue work on MNM, since this stuff is so fresh and I didn't talk to my lawyer yet, everything is kinda in the open.

I made this post on thursday on Discord, once I got access to my phone number again so I could log into my accounts. The appointment with the lawyer was... Okay, I guess. He told me that he will ask the police to check the external ssds ( that contain my daz3d files ) first, and if they are clean ( which they are ), hand them back out to me again. The shit news is that he doesn't have a timeframe for it, but he told me right away "I can't get your hopes up that it will be solved super fast". He has to request access to the case files, which might be fast or not fast.

So, what's the plan now? Honestly, I have no idea. I already put a shitton of effort into Chapter 4 and now I have no idea when I can get back to working on MNM. These investigations can take weeks or even months... Which makes me insane. I'm literally going insane because this is my life, working on these games for the last four years has been my life, and now it's being threatened with some bullshit that I didn't do. I know the cops have to investigate but...I don't know. This is way too much for my mental health to handle, to be honest. I had a breakdown on wednesday when it happened and the last few days it was actually the same. I just don't know what to do anymore. Yes, I can finish MNF, but my plan was to finish MNF and then work on Chapter 4 so I can release it this year. Should I work on MNF ? I have no idea. I can't just recreate the characters or else I would. I know it was stupid from me to not upload at least the character files somewhere online, so I can use them. Finding and downloading the other assets is no problem... But I can't recreate the characters just like that. It's just... It's just too much for me at the moment. And the only thing I can do is wait for my lawyer to do his job.

My move is more or less done now and I'm in the new apartment, and what was planned to be a new start to a better life quickly became the literal worst days of my life so far. And as the saying says, it can always get worse. I just hope I reached rock bottom and now it's time to climb back up...
When they don't find evidence i would still go for a lawsuit against both the police and the one that reported you.
Reason: The police will bill the one that reported you for using the police force on false charges, plus what they have to pay you, and the one that reported you have to pay you as well. sending out a strong message that anyone using false charges now have to pay alot more, plus the police will think twice before taking action against you in the future.

As for da rest, cheer up mate, sure it is a pain in the ass right now, but ya do deserve a break from all ur work so far.
So see it as a vacantion, and maybe you can take a step back to see what ya done so far and maybe come up with new ideas all toghetter.
And yeah we will be cheering for you to get your stuff back in one piece (no not da anime turned into a new serie :p)

Speaking about anime and new idea's.
Here are my fav new anime's.
Skeleton Knight in Another World.
Farming Life in Another World.
That Time i got Reincarnated as a Slime.
In Another World with my Smartphone.
Maybe you can make a few AVN's out of those anime's, or something similar.
Also those types of Anime are called Isekai Anime's, and i think you can make a great AVN story with the protanogist as being reborn with OP Powers :D.

And thank you for all da work ya done so far, we all will wait till ur next update comes out, and untill then just enjoy ur free time a lil bit okey?

Greetings Riggnarock.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
When they don't find evidence i would still go for a lawsuit against both the police and the one that reported you.
Reason: The police will bill the one that reported you for using the police force on false charges, plus what they have to pay you, and the one that reported you have to pay you as well. sending out a strong message that anyone using false charges now have to pay alot more, plus the police will think twice before taking action against you in the future.

As for da rest, cheer up mate, sure it is a pain in the ass right now, but ya do deserve a break from all ur work so far.
So see it as a vacantion, and maybe you can take a step back to see what ya done so far and maybe come up with new ideas all toghetter.
And yeah we will be cheering for you to get your stuff back in one piece (no not da anime turned into a new serie :p)

Speaking about anime and new idea's.
Here are my fav new anime's.
Skeleton Knight in Another World.
Farming Life in Another World.
That Time i got Reincarnated as a Slime.
In Another World with my Smartphone.
Maybe you can make a few AVN's out of those anime's, or something similar.
Also those types of Anime are called Isekai Anime's, and i think you can make a great AVN story with the protanogist as being reborn with OP Powers :D.

And thank you for all da work ya done so far, we all will wait till ur next update comes out, and untill then just enjoy ur free time a lil bit okey?

Greetings Riggnarock.
there is cultivation isekai games here, i tried a few but i didn't like the character design of the MC

Scorpio1111

Jul 20, 2018
I can't get joiplay to work I downloaded the PC version of the game and the patreon version of joiplay with plugin's it tries to open it then closes it. I'm using a Chromebook by the way, any tips?

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you super cute and very wholesome people!

Another week, another progress update!

First, I want to say thank you again. Ever since this shit happened to me, I was in a very bad state of mind sometimes. Reading your comments and messages help me so much to get out of that. When I read the encouragement and the well wishes, it makes me realise how much I adore this community. You guys are literally preventing me from going insane because of this absolutely fucked situation, and your understanding is encouraging and comforting at the same time. So, thank you for that, really.

There is not that much to talk about regarding the incident for now, sadly. My lawyer requested access to the case files, but this can take between 6-8 weeks. He also put the notice to check the external ssds first, the samsung portable ones, and told the state attorney that I'm not able to work and earn income without them. So, here is hope they start with those first so I can get them back asap. Getting access to the case files and checking my stuff ( phone, pcs and harddrives ) is not connected, so there is a ( little ) chance that I get some of it back earlier. No guarantee though, the german law system works very very VERY slow sometimes.

Given the fact that I have no idea how long it will take, I made a few plans depending on the situation. Once My New Family is completed, I will "continue" writing for My New Memories, basically where I left off ( I have a rough idea where I stopped in my head, so I can just continue there ). I will write as much as I can in preperation for Chapter 4. Since I can't render, this is the only thing I can do for MNM after MNF is completed. But of course, rendering is pretty important, and while I could complete Chapter 4 writing beforehand, it wouldn't make that much sense. So I will write as much as I can and if it turns out that the process will actually take as long as I fear, I will pause my pledges until I can render again. I will notify you beforehand, but that is something I just have to do for my own well being. I know that a lot of you would support me no matter how long it will take, even if it's months, but I would feel terrible to take money from you while I can basically only do the writing. Writing is usually the bigger part for My New Memories, but that is no excuse. If I can't work fulltime with writing + rendering, I don't feel like it's fair to keep earning money. Don't worry, I'm not going to starve or anything and I will be fine. Like I said, I'll inform you beforehand. And if you are a supporter of the higher tiers and can request My New Memories fanarts, they will all get saved. So once I can render again, you can request all of those lost months, even if you stopped supporting me during that time. Just send me a message and I'll write you down.

Now, let's talk a little about My New Family. During the few moments I was more or less "okay" regarding my mental health, I was able to write a good chunk for the last day of the update. It's not nearly as much as I wanted it to be, but I'm getting there and I feel confident with having a release date soon. The MC will have some nice "memories" from times where the game basically skipped a few weeks ahead, just so you are in the picture what happened in that time ( the girls will talk about it, but seeing it is also nice ). This is something I initially didn't plan to do, but since this will make the epilogue bigger, I feel like it's worth it. Especially with my pretty crippled abiity to work in general at the moment ( laptops just suck for work, in my opinion ). Todays render is Christina during the event on the fifth day with her.

And I think that's it for now. As soon as I hear anything from my lawyer ( or the state attorney etc ) I will make a post ASAP. Like, the moment I get a call or receive a letter, I'll inform you guys. The waiting game is the worst game in existence and feeling helpless and powerless just makes it worse. But...I'm confident we will get through this. Thanks to all of you amazing people, of course. Without you guys I would...Okay, let's not go there for now. Just...Thank you from the bottom of my heart, really.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

This is the toughest post I ever had to make and I still can't believe this shit is happening right now. First, let me copy what I already posted on discord on Thursday...

Okay, I know that was kinda scary and super vague, and even worse, it was technically wrong ( not blackmailed, I'm getting framed ). I didn't want to worry anyone, but I wanted to keep you guys informed in case it will take longer than it did in the end. So I have some bad news, some super bad news and some neutral news.

I'm getting framed. Someone is framing me and now I'm getting accused of being some kind of crypto scammer. Everyone that knows me knows that I hate crypto, but apparently whatever evidence was provided, was enough. I got raided by the cops. They confiscated all my pcs and my phone. They took all devices that I had for backups at my place. That is the super bad news.

I'm super crippled in my ability to work atm. For some reason they didn't notice ( or didn't care ) about a Laptop I had ( it was still in its packaging behind other packages ). I have a backup copy of Honey Select on my own server, which I could download, and regarding the script I was just able to download the latest MNF beta and continue working there. So, I should be able to continue work on MNF without any big issues ( except the laptop handicap, I guess ).

Here comes the bad part, though: My New Memories and my DAZ3D assets. They are on my pcs and the external ssds I had. And they are with the cops right now. I have an appointment with an lawyer tomorrow, since this is some serious shit. I will tell him that I need these things for work and that I want them back. In germany, the cops usually just mirror your hard drives and then work with those copies. So I hope that this can be solved sooner than later, but I don't have a timeframe ( or know if I'll get anything back at all ). I only have the assets for Bethany and Sabrina in my mega cloud, since my daz3d in general is over 1TB big. So I have no idea when I can continue work on MNM, since this stuff is so fresh and I didn't talk to my lawyer yet, everything is kinda in the open.

I made this post on thursday on Discord, once I got access to my phone number again so I could log into my accounts. The appointment with the lawyer was... Okay, I guess. He told me that he will ask the police to check the external ssds ( that contain my daz3d files ) first, and if they are clean ( which they are ), hand them back out to me again. The shit news is that he doesn't have a timeframe for it, but he told me right away "I can't get your hopes up that it will be solved super fast". He has to request access to the case files, which might be fast or not fast.

So, what's the plan now? Honestly, I have no idea. I already put a shitton of effort into Chapter 4 and now I have no idea when I can get back to working on MNM. These investigations can take weeks or even months... Which makes me insane. I'm literally going insane because this is my life, working on these games for the last four years has been my life, and now it's being threatened with some bullshit that I didn't do. I know the cops have to investigate but...I don't know. This is way too much for my mental health to handle, to be honest. I had a breakdown on wednesday when it happened and the last few days it was actually the same. I just don't know what to do anymore. Yes, I can finish MNF, but my plan was to finish MNF and then work on Chapter 4 so I can release it this year. Should I work on MNF ? I have no idea. I can't just recreate the characters or else I would. I know it was stupid from me to not upload at least the character files somewhere online, so I can use them. Finding and downloading the other assets is no problem... But I can't recreate the characters just like that. It's just... It's just too much for me at the moment. And the only thing I can do is wait for my lawyer to do his job.

My move is more or less done now and I'm in the new apartment, and what was planned to be a new start to a better life quickly became the literal worst days of my life so far. And as the saying says, it can always get worse. I just hope I reached rock bottom and now it's time to climb back up...
I hope things settle down in a good way for you soon!
All I have to say is that as bad as it is, the fact that it seems unrelated to the incident in Australia is a good thing.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you super amazing and extremely nice people!

Another week, another month, another progress update!

Well... Sadly, there is not that much to report regarding the legal case I'm involved right now. It has not even been 3 weeks yet, so I didn't expect much but... I at least hoped there would be anything. But nope, nothing yet. Tomorrow is a holiday in Germany so if I hear something this week, it will start on wednesday. Fingers crossed regarding that.

I feel like I say this every week lately, but I also want to thank you guys so much again for all the positive comments, messages and well wishes. I received a fair amount of messages and comments regarding my intention to pause the pledges and I appreciate you guys telling me to not do that. In the end, it will all depend on how much I can actually work after My New Family is completed. I personally feel like "just" writing is not enough of a reason to keep the pledges going, so I can totally understand if you don't want to support me financially during those times anymore. I would feel like shit taking your money if I can't put as much effort into my work as I want.

So, what I can do immediately is the following: If you decide to stop your support for the time being ( because you are patentielly waiting for My New Memories, where the plan was to release the first beta of chapter 4 this month ), you can send me a message here and I will write your name down. Once I can fully go back to working on My New Memories again, you will still get all the benefits you would have during that time. So, if you are a Sandra/Sabrina supporter right now, you will still get access to the Beta, even though you stopped your support this month. This will also be the case for all custom arts regarding My New Memories etc - Your benefits will not expire, even if you stop your support.

Which brings me to the part where My New Family should actually be completed by now. I have to admit, it was kinda difficult to find the right head space to work on it these last few weeks. I'm slowly getting back there, though, and I'm feeling... Well, not better, but I feel like I'm able to finish the script for it this week at least, and then make the renders. No idea how well that will go on this laptop, but it should be more or less fine. I might not be able to put the 1.0 release for PC players into one package yet, so MNF will still be 2 parts for the time beeing ( I would need my original code for that right now, I think, which is on the external ssd the police will hopefully check first ). Still, I feel like the biggest asshole for not keeping my word to release the epilogue in september. What I have written so far for the last day of the epilogue is pretty wholesome though, and working through these parts at least put a smile on my face. Especially the early morning dialogue with Lucy and the other gingers - Very cute, in my opinion. Todays render shows Mary and Becca from the fifth day, where you will have a nice talk with both of them.

And... I feel like that's it for now. Sorry that there is not much to report at the moment. Like I said last week, as soon as I hear ANYTHING, I will let you guys know asap. Thank you so much again for helping me keep my spirits up, without you guys I would probably not leave my bed at all anymore. I love you people for that, really.

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes