Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Just downloaded 0.16..tried loading 0.15 save got exception error

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This comes up if you are trying to load a savegame that wasn't made at the right moment at the end of 0.14. So you have to make sure to save when the game tells you to save at the end of 0.14 ( Chapter 9 ).

Hmm, I get an error trying to load any of my saves. They should be from .14
I would advise to check again, start 0.14 and see if you saved at the right moment at the end of it. There are a few people that offered their own savegames here though, so maybe you could try one of them if you don't want to do that ^^.

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
This comes up if you are trying to load a savegame that wasn't made at the right moment at the end of 0.14. So you have to make sure to save when the game tells you to save at the end of 0.14 ( Chapter 9 ).

I would advise to check again, start 0.14 and see if you saved at the right moment at the end of it. There are a few people that offered their own savegames here though, so maybe you could try one of them if you don't want to do that ^^.
So you're saying i have to play 0.14 again to play this chapter? Why can't i play from where i finished in 0.15? Not that i mind but ive played through this several times to see where all the paths go and at this point (given the amount of times i replayed vn's at this point dont really feel like it without repeating myself)

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
So you're saying i have to play 0.14 again to play this chapter? Why can't i play from where i finished in 0.15? Not that i mind but ive played through this several times to see where all the paths go and at this point (given the amount of times i replayed vn's at this point dont really feel like it without repeating myself)
No, your savegame from 0.15 should load fine. Are you sure you are loading this one, though? Because I know other savegames show up as well. There should be no issues with 0.15 savegames if you play 0.16.

Reactions: I am cute69

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
If your having issues with your save, I posted a save from the end of 0.14 for someone else who had lost theirs.

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-new-family-v0-16-killer7.35957/post-4800874

The post also explains how to enable the console (2 ways) and change your MC name.

Last edited:

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
If your having issues with your save, I posted a save from the end of 0.14 for someone else who had lost theirs.

To change the MC name just enable the console go to MyNewFamily-0.16-pc\renpy\common and open the file "00console.rpy" in a text editor search for "config.console = False" and replace with "config.console = True"...should be on line 108.....once this is done load the save then press Shift+O in game to open console....to change MC name just type
name = "NewName"
you need the " around your chosen name for this to work
I'll ask the mods to put your post in the OP in case people need a savefile ^^.

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
I'll ask the mods to put your post in the OP in case people need a savefile ^^.
We know that not everyone reads the OP though. :KEK:
For those that do hopefully this will help.:D(y)

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
No, your savegame from 0.15 should load fine. Are you sure you are loading this one, though? Because I know other savegames show up as well. There should be no issues with 0.15 savegames if you play 0.16.
I am positive im loading one at the last scene of 0.15 right before the black screen, as i always do, but im getting the the exception error i stated before, ive loaded a save from somene else at tthe end of 0.14 which has worked, where we propose to Sandra, but i dont want to have to play from this far back again (tho i will if i have to..but really would rather go from where i saved from previously as i remember everything up until that point)

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020

To change the MC name just enable the console go to MyNewFamily-0.16-pc\renpy\common and open the file "00console.rpy" in a text editor search for "config.console = False" and replace with "config.console = True"...should be on line 108.....once this is done load the save then press Shift+O in game to open console....to change MC name just type
name = "NewName"
How to enable the console tho

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
How to enable the console tho
Download UnRen.bat from the last line in my signature. Place unren.bat in the same folder where the game's .EXE file is located. Run the bat file, choose option 3.
In-game press Shift-O ("oh" not zero), or Shift-D to get to the debug menu then choose "Console" from that menu.

Reactions: legend_shon

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020

name = "NewName"
To change the MC name just enable the console go to MyNewFamily-0.16-pc\renpy\common and open the file "00console.rpy" - This file cannot be opened in a text editor - there is no open with option on right click so please explain how this is done

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Download UnRen.bat from the last line in my signature. Place unren.bat in the same folder where the game's .EXE file is located. Run the bat file, choose option 3.
In-game press Shift-O ("oh" not zero), or Shift-D to get to the debug menu then choose "Console" from that menu.
Thanks mate, but thats way more work than its worth. I would rather abandon the whole thing regarless how far ive come following the story as i have, enjoyed as much as i have

but i do appreciate the instruction moreso than the mocking of the idiot offering the original fix who gave me sideways smiley rather than offer an actual method...cheers pal

• Angry
Reactions: DanielleAVN

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
And CTRL+O did not open the console at all
This will not work, SHIFT+O will work once the Console is enabled.
To change the MC name just enable the console go to MyNewFamily-0.16-pc\renpy\common and open the file "00console.rpy" - This file cannot be opened in a text editor - there is no open with option on right click so please explain how this is done
It does open in a notepad. Just download UnRen from TheSidewinder signature, this will save you alot of hassle :ROFLMAO: 1609039116236.png
Great lil file this mate, use it alot. (y)

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Tried both tho i tried 'Oh' first obv cheers
I uploaded my 00console.rpy file to mega, just replace this with the 1 in your folder and console should work.

Unrelated, but what utility are you using to get that "What's locking this file?" choice in the Explorer context menu?
Program called Lock Hunter, had a file I couldn't delete because it was locked obv, this program did the trick. :LOL:

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I am positive im loading one at the last scene of 0.15 right before the black screen, as i always do, but im getting the the exception error i stated before, ive loaded a save from somene else at tthe end of 0.14 which has worked, where we propose to Sandra, but i dont want to have to play from this far back again (tho i will if i have to..but really would rather go from where i saved from previously as i remember everything up until that point)
You could always hold CTRL to skip all the stuff you've seen already and jump right into the new content. Should only take a few minutes.

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
You could always hold CTRL to skip all the stuff you've seen already and jump right into the new content. Should only take a few minutes.
Or press Tab once and it will continue to auto skip until you have a choice to make or until you get to new dialogue, saves holding down Ctrl, didn't know about this for ages now my finger loves the Tab key. :KEK:

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes