BeagleBoi

Sep 16, 2022
At this point he really should just start doing progress reports and stop setting dates
He wont lmao, the progress log would expose hes slacking off, plus i wouldnt be surprised if he already has everything he had planned ready a long time ago, and is just realeasing some parts of it per update. That way he can squeeze all the money he can :unsure:

Reactions: jaredforks

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
what a load of bullshit. His scenes are all from TK17 and RPGM practically holds your hand as you make a game. the only reason it's hard is because he made it that way unnecessarily with stupid plugins.

Ive played around in a lot of engines. GMS, Renpy, Unity, RPGM VX and MV. It honestly doesn't get easier than RPGMV. And the TK17 scenes are only hard when you have to get the mods to work in that thing. I never really could so I gave up on it. But he's had that part working since the beginning. after that its just screen shots and screencaptures.

FFS stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining.

and if he's really taking those meds because the game causes his anxiety, he needs to fucking quit.

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
It not good to rush your work last minute, this is what maybe is contributing to his depression and anxiety couple with the black-lash. He cant keep up with his work; therefore don't rush it and work on it everyday little by little. If he really do have health problems to take such a semi strong serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, he should quit making games. Finish this out then chill because you simple cant keep up. But know these kind of patterns from devs, people have seen and knowledgeable enough to know when something is weird (well my circles at least, hence I hate EA). I would not be surprise when a dev managed to finish/rush due to health problems; then suddenly release a new game, saying everything is good and they are in high spirits. They are all better. Well good for you, but you not reliable, simple as that. This weird pattern is seen over and over again. It dangerous to make a game it seems. If you are that susceptible to mental problems, then change careers/hobbies.

Nevertheless, just have some kind of courtesy to your fans/patrons especially. Pirates are pirates but this is a money thing, he owe some form of respect to his patrons. I saw 'mind numbing' comments in this thread saying they don't owe anything, that artistry. Since when....I must be living in the past.

Is it just me or all dev seems to have problems, huge problems. I not dumbing down psychological problems, don't get it twisted. That's a very serious thing.
Just this is my opinion from observation; this kind of excuses on due date is nothing new, that's why it is questionable. All dev starts of great, to make their patrons/money then Satan seems to tap their shoulders :unsure:, scary stuff. This entire post is not meant to beat the dev down, but like come on, there are two sides to a coin. This is why it is hard to believe at this point with this kind of trend; but, if it is genuine, keep that info of your personal life private and just retire, some friendly advice. Bon needs to change his ways and make a come back. If not, then finish strong!!!

Regardless, If honestly true, I sincerely hope he gets better, I really do (y).

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Last edited:

IAmTheWurst

Jul 26, 2018
He wont lmao, the progress log would expose hes slacking off, plus i wouldnt be surprised if he already has everything he had planned ready a long time ago, and is just realeasing some parts of it per update. That way he can squeeze all the money he can :unsure:
I strongly believe that he has burnt out. I produced the same symptoms, especially the self-delusion. I can even guess his work schedule: procrastinating until the last minute, doing some crunch, then coming up with an excuse to buy some time. Definitely should take at least 5-6 months of pause/vacation/recovery time. Maybe more. If there won't be some change, this exact thing will continue endlessly.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
It not good to rush your work last minute, this is what maybe is contributing to his depression and anxiety couple with the black-lash. He cant keep up with his work; therefore don't rush it and work on it everyday little by little.

View attachment 2244114
I've always had this idea that the approach seems to be wrong. I mean if you want to keep people playing one game, why instead of trying to make a game that has a definitive ending and then stretch it out? Why not make something of a serial. Each month is more of an episode?

at that point you could work at a pace that befits your ability. Create and release a backlog of releases as you are creating monthly content intentionally you're not deciving anyone. And everyone knows its going to be forever because its episodic on purpose.

Players can have a much bigger attachment to those characters in that reguard and you're just pumping out content at a steady pace you can keep up with. As long as the content and the story keeps steady it should satisfy everyone better IMO.

Hiiipower96

Sep 16, 2019
Guys, we all love this game, but maybe he is still sick? I have never defended him before, I have not paid for the game for a very long time, but I faced depression for no reason at all and now I am also experiencing depression and I can say that it is very difficult to force yourself to do something, you feel like a piece of meat without joy and longing for something. Perhaps he also has such a condition and what tells this, maybe he just wants support. This is so sad, sorry...

3.00 star(s) 138 Votes