Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Guys, we all love this game, but maybe he is still sick? I have never defended him before, I have not paid for the game for a very long time, but I faced depression for no reason at all and now I am also experiencing depression and I can say that it is very difficult to force yourself to do something, you feel like a piece of meat without joy and longing for something. Perhaps he also has such a condition and what tells this, maybe he just wants support. This is so sad, sorry...
Yes I agree wholeheartedly. But dont you think it is strange, the way he communicates? Only at due dates, he himself sets. Something always happens to him on due dates, I thought I had bad luck. That pattern and excuses is what have people questioning.

If you have problems, take a step back and sort out yourself first. The game can wait, can it? Genuinely asking? Is it more important than your health?? To be a devil advocate of my own comment, maybe it is his only livelihood and I really hope it is not.

I maybe from a older time, but support from 'what' , strangers online and adult games to boot, they can easily make you go over that edge. Honestly the best thing is to step back. But I understand from your point of view, and maybe, just maybe, that why he has his own private discord. That's kinda their responsibility in a sense to give support, ain't it? But in the end, is that the right/good/needed support to truly help him :unsure:

But yeah man, I agree to a degree. He needs help and support but from his family and friends, no doubt about that.
Nevertheless, everyone handles their issues in different ways, so my way, may not be right for him.
I really hope he gets the right help and gets better.

Last edited:

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
Yes I agree wholeheartedly. But dont you think it is strange, the way he communicates? Only at due dates, he himself sets. Something always happens to him on due dates, I thought I had bad luck. That pattern and excuses is what have people questioning.

If you have problems, take a step back and sort out yourself first. The game can wait, can it? Genuinely asking? Is it more important than your health?? To be a devil advocate of my own comment, maybe it is his only livelihood, I have no clue and I really hope it is not.

I maybe from a older time, but support from 'what' strangers online and adult games to boot, they can easily make you go over that edge. Honestly the best thing is to step back. But I understand from your point of view, and maybe just maybe that why he have his own private discord, aint that kinda their responsibility in a sense. Not really really, but I hope you get what I mean. But yeah man, I agree he needs help and support from his family and friends, no doubt about that. Nevertheless, everyone handle their issues in different ways, so my way may not be right for him. I hope he gets better
However ...
Bro, what makes you think that a Beggar is in a bad way right now? Have you seen the screenshots from his hospital record? All you can know for SURE is that BoN periodically delays the release of updates. This is true. Everything else is a "fog of war" (a game term). That is, this is the information that you learn from the messages of the Beggar HIMSELF, which he publishes HIMSELF. This info can be either true, partially true or outright false, depending on the goal pursued dev himself.
Let's say now BoN will post another version of his bug-ridden game. Don't rush to fix it. Let this be a lesson to all loyal fans of a Beggar, both on this forum and outside. It might be cruel. But this is the dose of medicine that everyone needs: both to a Beggar himself and to fans of MNL.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
However ...
Bro, what makes you think that a Beggar is in a bad way right now? Have you seen the screenshots from his hospital record? All you can know for SURE is that BoN periodically delays the release of updates. This is true. Everything else is a "fog of war" (a game term). That is, this is the information that you learn from the messages of the Beggar HIMSELF, which he publishes HIMSELF. This info can be either true, partially true or outright false, depending on the goal pursued dev himself.
Let's say now BON will post another version of his bug-ridden game. Don't rush to fix it. Let this be a lesson to all loyal fans of a Beggar, both on this forum and outside. It might be cruel. But this is the dose of medicine that everyone needs: both to a Beggar himself and to fans of MNL.
But what makes you think he is not in a bad way? That is the conundrum, aint it. That why I based of my respond on patterns I notice. Thats it, it not meant to be right or wrong
I think if you read back what I wrote, this is what I was illuminating at.
"This info can be either true, partially true or outright false, depending on the goal pursued dev himself"
True statement, indeed!!!

We will never know. Hence I am hoping the dev finished strong but at the same time, I not blind and come up with my own conclusion based on patterns over time again, which even you posted multiple times about.

I never claim what I said is the gold standard or set in stone. It can be argued as it may very well be wrong. I said, this is my opinion. I even said in some post back and many times before that I will stop the bug fixing as it may be kind of like a crutch. So yeah, thats some solid advice in truth

BeagleBoi

Sep 16, 2022
Guys, we all love this game, but maybe he is still sick? I have never defended him before, I have not paid for the game for a very long time, but I faced depression for no reason at all and now I am also experiencing depression and I can say that it is very difficult to force yourself to do something, you feel like a piece of meat without joy and longing for something. Perhaps he also has such a condition and what tells this, maybe he just wants support. This is so sad, sorry...
I see where youre coming from, personally, ive been battling clinical depression since 2020, ive had my VERY down lows, as well as my high moments, as of right now i feel fine. Depression and any mental illness is no joke, and i am one of the first people who will defend anyone who presents any form of mental illness. But theres a problem here, like Solace and other people in the thread have said, theres money involved here, which is never good believe me. I honestly wouldnt write about him if this was a free, fairly early game, id be completely understanding, but what bothers me is the constant lies. Every time theres a due date (which he puts himself mind you), theres an excuse ready, if this was the first time? Cool, no problem, these things happen, but this is a cycle that has been going on for a while, and the game that was supposed to be brought to a close in fall this year, is getting new mechanics, and no ending in sight. Messing with other peoples money is a dangerous game, never ends well, and everybody has a limit. Plus i will add this, i agree with what solace said, from the looks of it, he CANT keep up anymore, cant handle making a game, or taking backlash, at this point, he should just finish the game and take an indefinite break, or retire from making games all together

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
I see where youre coming from, personally, ive been battling clinical depression since 2020, ive had my VERY down lows, as well as my high moments, as of right now i feel fine. Depression and any mental illness is no joke, and i am one of the first people who will defend anyone who presents any form of mental illness. But theres a problem here, like Solace and other people in the thread have said, theres money involved here, which is never good believe me. I honestly wouldnt write about him if this was a free, fairly early game, id be completely understanding, but what bothers me is the constant lies. Every time theres a due date (which he puts himself mind you), theres an excuse ready, if this was the first time? Cool, no problem, these things happen, but this is a cycle that has been going on for a while, and the game that was supposed to be brought to a close in fall this year, is getting new mechanics, and no ending in sight. Messing with other peoples money is a dangerous game, never ends well, and everybody has a limit. Plus i will add this, i agree with what solace said, from the looks of it, he CANT keep up anymore, cant handle making a game, or taking backlash, at this point, he should just finish the game and take an indefinite break, or retire from making games all together
Totally agree man, you said it better!!

I know Im a random stranger, but sorry to hear about your depression man. Glad you okay now. Not to get in your business or anything. Just keep that strength bro and always push forward, blessing my g (y)

Last edited:

antimesias

Mar 25, 2019
I have had depression since I was 17 years old, and today at 36 I live like a ghost, I know how it is to deal with an empty existence without meaning or purpose, but this is not the case with beggar, as they said there is money involved here, in addition to times of He expects that they are not respected and above all it already seems mocking, a few years ago another developer was very honest and openly took an indefinite time due to the cancer that his father suffered and the community was very understanding and thus we avoid waiting in vain. Let's keep having fun with the memes waiting for the update...

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
Golden words, bro. I agree with almost every word you've written. However ...
About depression. I sympathize in advance with all those who are seriously ill or have had this disease. However, here's how it happens sometimes. What follows is an instructive case from chunkas' personal life:
I earn my living through a kind of creative work. You might be surprised. As soon as the deadline comes to give this work to the customer, I use a thousand and one tricks. Imagination works to the fullest to come up with another excuse. Last month I slipped and fell into a hole in an abandoned cellar, covered with snow. And seriously injured his right hand. Well, as I hurt myself - a deep cut. I was even scared at first. These idiots from the office where the order was placed started calling and texting me, demanding the work done. Well, guess what happened next? Very similar to the stories of a Beggar!!!
And you know: they believed! Brought condolences + added a new deadline. When I received the money, I wrapped my hand in a bandage stained with my blood. The cashier was horrified, etc. Why did I stop judging BoN? Yes, I do it all the time like him!
Here you offer: "at this point, he should just finish the game and take an indefinite break, or retire from making games all together" (y) You must be a good guy. As far as I remember, this is his only job! Hunger is the best cure for depression :eek:

BeagleBoi

Sep 16, 2022
Totally agree man, you said it better!!

I know Im a random stranger, but sorry to hear about your depression man. Glad you okay now. Not to get in your business or anything. Just keep that strength bro and always push forward, blessing my g (y)
I appreciate it homie, these things happen and theyre a part of life, but im doing great! Thanks for the positivity;)

BeagleBoi

Sep 16, 2022
Golden words, bro. I agree with almost every word you've written. However ...
About depression. I sympathize in advance with all those who are seriously ill or have had this disease. However, here's how it happens sometimes. What follows is an instructive case from chunkas' personal life:
I earn my living through a kind of creative work. You might be surprised. As soon as the deadline comes to give this work to the customer, I use a thousand and one tricks. Imagination works to the fullest to come up with another excuse. Last month I slipped and fell into a hole in an abandoned cellar, covered with snow. And seriously injured his right hand. Well, as I hurt myself - a deep cut. I was even scared at first. These idiots from the office where the order was placed started calling and texting me, demanding the work done. Well, guess what happened next? Very similar to the stories of a Beggar!!!
And you know: they believed! Brought condolences + added a new deadline. When I received the money, I wrapped my hand in a bandage stained with my blood. The cashier was horrified, etc. Why did I stop judging BoN? Yes, I do it all the time like him!
Here you offer: "at this point, he should just finish the game and take an indefinite break, or retire from making games all together" (y) You must be a good guy. As far as I remember, this is his only job! Hunger is the best cure for depression :eek:
It really is an unpredictable situation, at the end of the day we are to believe the words of a guy on the internet, for who all we know may be laughing his ass off at how his community gets angry, or he may be telling the truth and is really struggling with something, well story of the internet i guess.

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
Can anyone at least confirm that we will have the Pussy Race and other events?

It's not worth leaking simply for an update with few scenes for Lucy.
Only lucy content will be released if he release it at all after all this bullshit.

angcal

Oct 18, 2019
I don't understand how a person can play with the money and the desire of a public that enjoys their game, trust and stability were lost a long time ago and even more now when a developer promises you a date and fails to keep his promise, a person that doesn't keep what he promises can't be trusted, if you are not able to release something on "x" date it is better not to commit to say anything rather than false illusions and hopes.

Reactions: Resolut1on

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
I don't understand how a person can play with the money and the desire of a public that enjoys their game, trust and stability were lost a long time ago and even more now when a developer promises you a date and fails to keep his promise, a person that doesn't keep what he promises can't be trusted, if you are not able to release something on "x" date it is better not to commit to say anything rather than false illusions and hopes.
What's not clear here? BoN is more of an artist than a coder. He came up with a great story, but years passed and he got tired of it. Almost all the people I have known and whose work is related to creativity do the same as a Beggar. Often those people, who work like machines, strictly according to schedules, burn out very quickly. This happens in life: people get tired of monotonous activities.

Reactions: IAmTheWurst

HableesDonne

Jan 15, 2018
What's not clear here? BoN is more of an artist than a coder. He came up with a great story, but years passed and he got tired of it. Almost all the people I have known and whose work is related to creativity do the same as a Beggar. Often those people, who work like machines, strictly according to schedules, burn out very quickly. This happens in life: people get tired of monotonous activities.
Now I am not one of those people who say "hE DeLaYeD AgAiN LmAo" but if the issue really is with his coding, then he should have hired a coder in the first place since obviously he isn't up to the task.

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
Now I am not one of those people who say "hE DeLaYeD AgAiN LmAo" but if the issue really is with his coding, then he should have hired a coder in the first place since obviously he isn't up to the task.
Maybe he should have done 1000 + 1 necessary things, but why didn't he do it. He could have contacted SoTN or someone else 100 times. He could have created his own dev team for a long time, keeping only certain functions for himself, but for some reason he did not do it. All this is an endless field of quests and has been discussed many times in topics dedicated to this game.

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
Lots of his
Maybe he should have done 1000 + 1 necessary things, but why didn't he do it. He could have contacted SoTN or someone else 100 times. He could have created his own dev team for a long time, keeping only certain functions for himself, but for some reason he did not do it. All this is an endless field of quests and has been discussed many times in topics dedicated to this game.
Because its all about money. Why would he part from just a piece of the 6k dollar he is getting every month to pay another person for helping him out when he can have all to himself and to do what he is doing now and get away with it.:WeSmart:

angcal

Oct 18, 2019
Lots of his

Because its all about money. Why would he part from just a piece of the 6k dollar he is getting every month to pay another person for helping him out when he can have all to himself and to do what he is doing now and get away with it.:WeSmart:
It's a pity because if he had someone contracted to work with him, perhaps the game would gain more technical quality, thus gaining more reputation and more money. :HideThePain:

Hiiipower96

Sep 16, 2019

If you have problems, take a step back and sort out yourself first. The game can wait, can it? Genuinely asking? Is it more important than your health?? To be a devil advocate of my own comment, maybe it is his only livelihood and I really hope it is not.

I maybe from a older time, but support from 'what' , strangers online and adult games to boot, they can easily make you go over that edge. Honestly the best thing is to step back. But I understand from your point of view, and maybe, just maybe, that why he has his own private discord. That's kinda their responsibility in a sense to give support, ain't it? But in the end, is that the right/good/needed support to truly help him :unsure:

But yeah man, I agree to a degree. He needs help and support but from his family and friends, no doubt about that.
Nevertheless, everyone handles their issues in different ways, so my way, may not be right for him.

3.00 star(s) 138 Votes