Refuge24

Nov 1, 2017
sarah and christian's interactions just sound like set up for the mc to cuck christian later. interesting in knowing how the other girl who was dating him or w/e is working now tho. the story was always pretty dumb so mike being more a pushover doesn't really bother me it will still develop into the wish fulfillment we all crave anyway

notmathematics

Oct 24, 2018
I've been on this site a while ( I guess awhile is only October.... damn it feel like longer!) and have never written a single post. This revamp is making me come out of the shadows to say this...
Why? I loved this game now it seems like it's the same fucking game with a slightly different story that I have to painfully grind through? again? I'll probably end up slowly doing it again but I tell you right now if I grind through this damn thing and don't get to fuck Chloe again I'm going to fucking riot... RIOT!

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the character personality changes, but I've enjoyed this game enough that I'm willing to see where Beggar takes it. As for everyone upset that the revamp happened in the first place we've literally known it was coming for months now and the patrons voted for it so it is what it is. The only thing I'm worried about now is this thread inevitably following the course of Summmertime Saga's where it's just a bunch of people arguing as to whether or not the dev is milking the game because he's giving the patrons what they asked for.
But here's the head scratcher for me though I get that the patrons voted for this but if it was BoN intentions to wrap this up this year why even put a revamp into the fold to be voted on, weather how convoluted the old version was we were all used to it after 3 years,this game literally only needed a good handful of content updates and a wash of bug fixes to be completely finished for MNL2 now there's new characters and tweaked personalities and with tweaked personalities it'll only make sense to tweak the story lines now with all this where does that leave MNL2 and it's story

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about the revamp, I suppose I'll just wait til I finish it before passing any judgement....

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
sarah and christian's interactions just sound like set up for the mc to cuck christian later. interesting in knowing how the other girl who was dating him or w/e is working now tho. the story was always pretty dumb so mike being more a pushover doesn't really bother me it will still develop into the wish fulfillment we all crave anyway
How is that interesting ? By making Sarah and Christian a thing he is fucking up two decent stories, I'd say two of the top 5 better plotlines in the original game...

Ruffing Sarah's friend during the couples night out to get Sarah to realize she was in love with Mike was one of the better scenes... the First Date with Sarah was sweet as all hell ! which ended in one of the hottest scenes in the game when Mike takes her to the hotel to deflower her...

Likewise the Mayor's daughter (I forgot her name) being the default GF to Christian was awesome, since after you get close to her you found out Christian's dad was basically bullying the mayor into making his daughter date Christian... after the first 5 or 10 dates when she starts texting Mike she goes all sweet in that story segment... you actually feel bad for her rather than think "she is used goods"...

So both those plotpoints will now fall flat if Christian deflowers Sarah, and the Mayor's daughter is just some dumb sidepiece rather than his trophy to parade in school.

Ferdi Kafka

Aug 4, 2017
But here's the head scratcher for me though I get that the patrons voted for this but if it was BoN intentions to wrap this up this year why even put a revamp into the fold to be voted on, weather how convoluted the old version was we were all used to it after 3 years,this game literally only needed a good handful of content updates and a wash of bug fixes to be completely finished for MNL2 now there's new characters and tweaked personalities and with tweaked personalities it'll only make sense to tweak the story lines now with all this where does that leave MNL2 and it's story
I'm pretty sure BON proposed the revamp for two reasons:
1) A lot of people were complaining about the bugs still left in the game, along with a lot of dead-end storylines and just stuff that didn't make sense story-wise. He wanted to clean the game up code wise while making the story more sharp and concise.

2) Back when BON started developing this game, he was still very new to RPG Maker and making games, and didn't fully know what he was doing at the time. Now that he's gotten a lot more knowledge and experience he wasn't happy personally with how the game looked and felt and wanted to update it to meet his standards.

Jormansic

Mar 15, 2018
Personally change the story to make it more entertaining looks good, change the graphics and systems too, but why change personalities?
If so, why not just leave New life and start this "New" game and leave the old one as it was (I never had problems with bugs)
My more than 20 hours have died
In my humble opinion

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Like I said in my first post after I realized it got revamped, I am not against a revamp as I didn't know what caused it, if it was due to something technical it's fine !!!

However if it's just because Patreons didn't like the original story and wanted it to be darker and making the MC more a loser at the beginning, than I'm sorry, but that is something that is going to tick people off, Patreons or not... No one likes devs that don't stick to their vision, and instead let others that are giving him money dictate the direction of the game... Usually towards shittier territory..
And that unfortunately is were many AAA game titles fall off when they let willingly or unwillingy the people who line their pockets make decision and alter what they originally had planned cough cough Destiny

Mar 27, 2019
Does anybody know if the old my new life game is done or not
the last update I have is v 2.1 ... I don't like the way the revamp is going with the different people.... If you want to revamp a game just add more story not change the people... some of players from my new life won't play a revamp version that changes peoples story ....
just add to the old story beef up the tech stuff and add more people that sounds better to me ...

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure BON proposed the revamp for two reasons:
1) A lot of people were complaining about the bugs still left in the game, along with a lot of dead-end storylines and just stuff that didn't make sense story-wise. He wanted to clean the game up code wise while making the story more sharp and concise.

2) Back when BON started developing this game, he was still very new to RPG Maker and making games, and didn't fully know what he was doing at the time. Now that he's gotten a lot more knowledge and experience he wasn't happy personally with how the game looked and felt and wanted to update it to meet his standards.
I get what your saying and your most likely right but why not bring that skill and vision to MNL2 that is literally a clean slate instead of seriously tweaking a 3 year old project that could've been finished in the next few months if BoN were to finish this around July August I don't think a lot of people would be mad then in MNL2 that's when a lot of the revamp ideas could've been added I don't know just think out loud at this point.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
So many angry people on here who believe they wasted their time even though it's been known for months that this game was getting a complete overhaul and upgrade. It's why I didn't go and play it recently and was waiting for this update.
I think one of the problem is that the previous game was just about finished or at least that's how it felt for me.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes