azri69

Aug 4, 2017
If you mean that when you try to have sex with Pam,Nadine,Brenda and Carol in recess you see Rachel instead of one of the girls it's a bug that we all have don't worry.
I found that only after if you have sex with Rachel in the Recess, the scenes of other girls are changed to Rachel scenes. If we don't have sex with Rachel, the other girls scenes are working fine. Can you Please check it?

ballzak

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
This is all fine except for the fact that the copy that I downloaded from here accepted all of the saves from 1.1 that were pasted into the bare save folder that was in the install of 1.2.Now the 1.2 that I downloaded off the Internet accepted just one of the same files pasted the same way. Why, as this seems to have nothing to do with dummy saves??
This has everything to do with dummy saves.

RPGMaker games save your state using a file which is name fileX.rpgsave where the X corresponds to the save slot number. On top of this there is a file in your save folder called global.rpgsave. This file is essentially a master list of what save slots are active. If the global.rpgsave does not have an entry for the specific X file that you are dropping in the save folder, then the file will be ignored.

So let's say for example your global.rpgsave file says there are active saves in slots 2 and 3. If you drop in a save file named file1.rpgsave then it will not be recognized. If you drop in one named file2.rpgsave it will be recognized.

Looking at it in reverse if your global.rpgsave file said there were active slots in both 1,2 and 3 then you go into your save folder and delete the files for 2 and 3 the game won't fail, it will just display as if there are no saves in slots 2 and 3. However, when you save a file the directory is scanned to update the global.rpgsave and it will now delete the entries that say slots 2 and 3 are in use. So if you subsequently drop in a file named file2.rpgsave, it will be ignored.

I can only speculate about your specific situation but what probably happened is in your save folder for the game you downloaded from here you had corresponding save files with the same number that you replaced. The global.rpgsave said these were active slots and the game happily loaded up those files. With the version you downloaded from the internet, the save folder only had one file that corresponded to the same number as the files you were dropping in and so global.rpgsave only recognizes that one.

What @Mistress_Kixen said is exactly what you need to do. Start the game and then save to the slot that has the same number as the file name you are trying to load. Drop in the new file to your save folder replacing the old one and load the game. It will work just fine on either of your two downloaded versions.

BDI123

May 23, 2017
This has everything to do with dummy saves.

RPGMaker games save your state using a file which is name fileX.rpgsave where the X corresponds to the save slot number. On top of this there is a file in your save folder called global.rpgsave. This file is essentially a master list of what save slots are active. If the global.rpgsave does not have an entry for the specific X file that you are dropping in the save folder, then the file will be ignored.

So let's say for example your global.rpgsave file says there are active saves in slots 2 and 3. If you drop in a save file named file1.rpgsave then it will not be recognized. If you drop in one named file2.rpgsave it will be recognized.

Looking at it in reverse if your global.rpgsave file said there were active slots in both 1,2 and 3 then you go into your save folder and delete the files for 2 and 3 the game won't fail, it will just display as if there are no saves in slots 2 and 3. However, when you save a file the directory is scanned to update the global.rpgsave and it will now delete the entries that say slots 2 and 3 are in use. So if you subsequently drop in a file named file2.rpgsave, it will be ignored.

I can only speculate about your specific situation but what probably happened is in your save folder for the game you downloaded from here you had corresponding save files with the same number that you replaced. The global.rpgsave said these were active slots and the game happily loaded up those files. With the version you downloaded from the internet, the save folder only had one file that corresponded to the same number as the files you were dropping in and so global.rpgsave only recognizes that one.

What @Mistress_Kixen said is exactly what you need to do. Start the game and then save to the slot that has the same number as the file name you are trying to load. Drop in the new file to your save folder replacing the old one and load the game. It will work just fine on either of your two downloaded versions.
As I said before, I have NEVER made any dummy save files and ALL of my saves have worked before EXCEPT for this one download in which one of the saves that I put in the save folder DID work.Now I an still asking WHY did it work?

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
I found that only after if you have sex with Rachel in the Recess, the scenes of other girls are changed to Rachel scenes. If we don't have sex with Rachel, the other girls scenes are working fine. Can you Please check it?
If you have sex with Rachel at recess there's no problem but if you have sex the other girls there's a bug that shows you Rachel instead of the girl,at least in my case.

ebanashka

Nov 10, 2016
If you have sex with Rachel at recess there's no problem but if you have sex the other girls there's a bug that shows you Rachel instead of the girl,at least in my case.
He is right. If you don't have sex with Rachel you will not get this bug with other girls.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
He is right. If you don't have sex with Rachel you will not get this bug with other girls.
Well i have to show you guys what i'm talking about.
So in the first picture you can see that i clicked Pam.
The 2nd picture as you can see shows me Rachel instead of Pam,in the previous 1.1 version there wasn't a bug like that.
And everyone have the same bug like me.

ebanashka

Nov 10, 2016
Well i have to show you guys what i'm talking about.
So in the first picture you can see that i clicked Pam.
The 2nd picture as you can see shows me Rachel instead of Pam,in the previous 1.1 version there wasn't a bug like that.
And everyone have the same bug like me.
I know that bug. After sex with Rachel, if you have sex with someone else you will have this bug. But if you didn't have sex with Rachel and try to have sex with other girls scenes will work without this bug.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
I know that bug. After sex with Rachel, if you have sex with someone else you will have this bug. But if you didn't have sex with Rachel and try to have sex with other girls scenes will work without this bug.
Just tried to not have sex with Rachel the first time at recess instead i choosed another girl and works fine thanks for the info well i just have to wait for a bug fixed version to cleat this bug anyway thanks.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
New patreon post of BoN anyone have an idea what is it ?
We really need a bugfix version when you have sex first with Rachel and then with other girls it shows you Rachel instead of the girl you choosed.

Sarah321

Aug 12, 2017
Hi,

after the sexscene with Annie in the mansion where I had to collect Jet's papers I got a hint (picture/animation with sperm that fertilized an egg) that I impragnated Annie. Is that something that has actual no effect in the game or are there any effects I missed? Is there always a chance to get a charakter impregnated or is it only (always?) in the scene with Annie?

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi,

after the sexscene with Annie in the mansion where I had to collect Jet's papers I got a hint (picture/animation with sperm that fertilized an egg) that I impragnated Annie. Is that something that has actual no effect in the game or are there any effects I missed? Is there always a chance to get a charakter impregnated or is it only (always?) in the scene with Annie?
it might in a future update but for now no.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I started a new game but I'm crashing at Jet's endurance LVL 4 lesson.

ballzak

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
As I said before, I have NEVER made any dummy save files and ALL of my saves have worked before EXCEPT for this one download in which one of the saves that I put in the save folder DID work.Now I an still asking WHY did it work?
It will be difficult for anyone to answer that question without specifically knowing all the details of what you do and your configuration, etc. I've given you all the information about how RPGMaker save files work. Take that information apply it to your situation where you know specifically what you have done, maybe do a few experiments and then formulate a hypothesis. That's the best I can give you.

ballzak

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I change my save with save editor before and now when i talk with everybody in yard, the scene with Rachel will occurred and i can't see other scenes. any help?
(sorry 4 my bad ENG)
Just tried to not have sex with Rachel the first time at recess instead i choosed another girl and works fine thanks for the info well i just have to wait for a bug fixed version to cleat this bug anyway thanks.
Looked at the code and this is a bug everyone will encounter. As soon as you have sex with Rachel in recess you will no longer be able to have sex with the other girls.

When you talk to one of the girls a switch gets set that this girl is active. Then it loads up the code to run the sex scenes which looks for what switch is set and then loads the appropriate scene. At the end of each scene the switch is turned back off. BON made an error in Rachel's code where he is actually turning off the switch for Carol. If by some mistake multiple switches are turned on someone has to have the priority and just by dumb luck it happens that Rachel has the highest priority. Since Rachel's switch has no off button and she has the highest priority she will always override the other girls and from now until eternity you will see Rachel.

This is a scary bug because what is going to happen is even if BON fixes it many people will report it is still a bug, because their save files will be corrupt. Here is an example future scenario.

Let's say you have sex with Rachel, now her switch stays on. You then go and try to have sex with Nadine. You will see Rachel's scene and the switch with Rachel will stay on but now the switch with Nadine will stay on as well because her code didn't load to turn it off. Now your save state shows Nadine and Rachel are active. Let's say from here you put the game down until the bug fix release comes out where BON say's he fixed this. Now you go to test it out and you try to have sex with Pam. Well you will still see Rachel because her switch is still on in your save and she has priority. This time, however, it will turn off the switch for Rachel but Pam's switch will still be on. The next time you go to have sex with a girl Rachel will no longer override, but remember in this state, Nadine is still on and so is Pam now. The next time you go to have sex with a girl who has lower priority than Nadine (Pam and Brenda) you will now see Nadine's sex scene. It will cause a ripple effect.

Reactions: UncleVT

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Looked at the code and this is a bug everyone will encounter. As soon as you have sex with Rachel in recess you will no longer be able to have sex with the other girls.

When you talk to one of the girls a switch gets set that this girl is active. Then it loads up the code to run the sex scenes which looks for what switch is set and then loads the appropriate scene. At the end of each scene the switch is turned back off. BON made an error in Rachel's code where he is actually turning off the switch for Carol. If by some mistake multiple switches are turned on someone has to have the priority and just by dumb luck it happens that Rachel has the highest priority. Since Rachel's switch has no off button and she has the highest priority she will always override the other girls and from now until eternity you will see Rachel.

This is a scary bug because what is going to happen is even if BON fixes it many people will report it is still a bug, because their save files will be corrupt. Here is an example future scenario.

Let's say you have sex with Rachel, now her switch stays on. You then go and try to have sex with Nadine. You will see Rachel's scene and the switch with Rachel will stay on but now the switch with Nadine will stay on as well because her code didn't load to turn it off. Now your save state shows Nadine and Rachel are active. Let's say from here you put the game down until the bug fix release comes out where BON say's he fixed this. Now you go to test it out and you try to have sex with Pam. Well you will still see Rachel because her switch is still on in your save and she has priority. This time, however, it will turn off the switch for Rachel but Pam's switch will still be on. The next time you go to have sex with a girl Rachel will no longer override, but remember in this state, Nadine is still on and so is Pam now. The next time you go to have sex with a girl who has lower priority than Nadine (Pam and Brenda) you will now see Nadine's sex scene. It will cause a ripple effect.
That's the reason i choosed to restart the new quests of 1.2 version because before i started some quests i had sex with Rachel in the recess and after that i tried to have sex with some other girl the next day at school and it was still Rachel that's the main reason that i started all the new content from the beginning,let's just hope that BoN will solve this problem soon with a fixed version.

ballzak

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
That's the reason i choosed to restart the new quests of 1.2 version because before i started some quests i had sex with Rachel in the recess and after that i tried to have sex with some other girl the next day at school and it was still Rachel that's the main reason that i started all the new content from the beginning,let's just hope that BoN will solve this problem soon with a fixed version.
He very well might fix this problem but there is nothing he can do about corrupt save file states that this bug is causing. Even after the fix people will still get issues if this caused their save to become corrupted.

EDIT: Actually I will revise this statement. If he fixes it the right way he can clean it up so these corrupt save files won't cause a future break. However, having experienced what he does on a regular basis in the code I don't have confidence he will fix it the right way.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes