4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

dark_mark

Oct 24, 2021
Hate to be an asshhole (ok, I revel in it!) but as a devout adult vn gamer, once you released mnm, it was so good that it killed mnf for me. I will take dazz over hs any day of the week due to it being more realistic but that wasn't it, in mnf, we were already fucking everyone and every release was like the previous one (ssdd) the nighttime hijinx was fun but the dynamic and story of mnm blew mnf out of the water! I'm sure you didn't want that or expect it, but that is what happened... You focusing on mnf now, just gives me angst over what I really want to see... I will absolutely play mnf pt 2 with the daughters but right now I am just focused on why the best vn on this site is stagnant...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Hate to be an asshhole (ok, I revel in it!) but as a devout adult vn gamer, once you released mnm, it was so good that it killed mnf for me. I will take dazz over hs any day of the week due to it being more realistic but that wasn't it, in mnf, we were already fucking everyone and every release was like the previous one (ssdd) the nighttime hijinx was fun but the dynamic and story of mnm blew mnf out of the water! I'm sure you didn't want that or expect it, but that is what happened... You focusing on mnf now, just gives me angst over what I really want to see... I will absolutely play mnf pt 2 with the daughters but right now I am just focused on why the best vn on this site is stagnant...
I feel exactly the opposite. Grrrr...

Reactions: EJW and dark_mark

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I enjoy both games. Sure maybe with HS killer7 is more limited on what he can do with the characters and the lewd stuff, but for me the appeal of mnf was always the wholesome vibe of the game.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I mean, it's totally fine to see it like that in my opinion. With My New Memories I wanted to see if I improved as a writer and general story teller and so far it seems like that is the case. I would have felt weird if it would be on the same level or "worse" than My New Family.

The key difference are two things, I think. First it's daz, of course, which usually attracts a different audience, mainly because daz is used in so many known VNs. The second part is that My New Family is nearing it's end and I think it shows. I still don't think it's at the point where it feels like it's been dragged out our totally boring ( like the latest low star reviews critique ), but if you start with My New Family now and play it in one sitting I can see where these thoughts come from. Still, My New Memories is certainly the hotter iron in the oven right now, even for me. Mainly because writing for it feels so different compared to My New Family. I'm trying new things, going new ways while still keeping the overall positive tone that so many people love in MNF.

That is something I want to keep doing. I know I said that there will be intense and emotional, sometimes even sad moments in My New Memories. We had those in My New Family as well but I think in MNM they will be more believable and long lasting. But I still want to give everyone a positive feeling after they finished an update. I would never write something just for drama or effect, like killing a girl or something like that. I'm personally not a fan of forced drama like that. I got some people asking why Sarah wasn't raped by her bioligical father, for example, because it would "have made sense" story wise. In my eyes it wouldn't and I personally hate scenarios like that. There are certain lines I will never cross and those include things like rape or killing a girl just for the sake of it. I'm all for wholesome and emotional storys and I think so far I did a good job with that in My New Memories.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I would never write something just for drama or effect, like killing a girl or something like that. I'm personally not a fan of forced drama like that. I got some people asking why Sarah wasn't raped by her bioligical father, for example, because it would "have made sense" story wise. In my eyes it wouldn't and I personally hate scenarios like that. There are certain lines I will never cross and those include things like rape or killing a girl just for the sake of it. I'm all for wholesome and emotional storys and I think so far I did a good job with that in My New Memories.
I'm glad you see it that way. Yeah, it would have been easy to go for maximum drama with her bio-dad and nobody would question it, but the deeper you dig that hole, the harder it becomes for her future relation with MC to make sense and not inevitably end up with a bit of a Geschmäckle.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
No offense, but I got tired of mnf very quickly. Somehow it all slipped into endless conversations about feelings, hugs and boring sex scenes.
IMHO of course.

So far, I really love this game and I like the writing here.

• Angry
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I mean, it's totally fine to see it like that in my opinion. With My New Memories I wanted to see if I improved as a writer and general story teller and so far it seems like that is the case. I would have felt weird if it would be on the same level or "worse" than My New Family.

The key difference are two things, I think. First it's daz, of course, which usually attracts a different audience, mainly because daz is used in so many known VNs. The second part is that My New Family is nearing it's end and I think it shows. I still don't think it's at the point where it feels like it's been dragged out our totally boring ( like the latest low star reviews critique ), but if you start with My New Family now and play it in one sitting I can see where these thoughts come from. Still, My New Memories is certainly the hotter iron in the oven right now, even for me. Mainly because writing for it feels so different compared to My New Family. I'm trying new things, going new ways while still keeping the overall positive tone that so many people love in MNF.

That is something I want to keep doing. I know I said that there will be intense and emotional, sometimes even sad moments in My New Memories. We had those in My New Family as well but I think in MNM they will be more believable and long lasting. But I still want to give everyone a positive feeling after they finished an update. I would never write something just for drama or effect, like killing a girl or something like that. I'm personally not a fan of forced drama like that. I got some people asking why Sarah wasn't raped by her bioligical father, for example, because it would "have made sense" story wise. In my eyes it wouldn't and I personally hate scenarios like that. There are certain lines I will never cross and those include things like rape or killing a girl just for the sake of it. I'm all for wholesome and emotional storys and I think so far I did a good job with that in My New Memories.
Personally I love both the games and I'm not at all bored by MNF.
I think they can't be compared, MNF was your first big work, and naturally at the time you wrote the story you need to refine your skills.
This is clear in MNM where you showed an impressive growth as a writer and as a dev; that being said the core of your view on how to approach things is the same, and personally I really like it, but while you can't show it in MNF anymore since it's near is end, MNM gives you the opportunity to expand your artistic vision since it's a new adventure and permit you to experiment and widen the field of how to portrait the story of the characters because they are fairly new.
But that is possible thanks to the training you did with MNF, so I think that in the future if you will decide to give us a sequel of this story you will create a wonderful new game even with characters we are familiar with, thanks to what you're doing now.
And I love the balance between the emotions and the story you created so far, the drama it's necessary to the plot, but not in an uneven measure, especially in these slices of life stories you're creating.
That being said, thank you so much for giving us two great games, I will personally be always grateful to you for both, MNF since it was really helpful in a hectic period of my life, and MNM for the great story and the characters.
Can't wait to see how the story will go.:)

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think we should be a little less defensive when someone says they don't like one of the games or if they think the games are boring. The point of these threads is for us to share what we like and don't like about these games. Obviously we will always have the troll comments and reviews that just say, "the game sucks". But if the person gives real criticism and explains why they didn't enjoy it, I think that can be a positive thing and help the dev improve.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I think we should be a little less defensive when someone says they don't like one of the games or if they think the games are boring. The point of these threads is for us to share what we like and don't like about these games. Obviously we will always have the troll comments and reviews that just say, "the game sucks". But if the person gives real criticism and explains why they didn't enjoy it, I think that can be a positive thing and help the dev improve.
Eh it's hard for me with MNF. The dev knows what he is doing by now and I personally don't see how that vn could be improved so I facepalm those with lame tastes, they'll live... :p

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and very wholesome people out in the world!

Another week, another progress update!

I wasn't able to release Beta 5 for 0.22 last week and I'm sorry for that. Real life appointments were taking up a lot of my time, I had to do some things that I pretty much neglected over the last few years. I should be good now, though, and can talk a bit more about 0.22.

As some of you know, My New Family will be three years old in August 2022. When I first started to work on it I didn't really have a plan for the ending in mind. But I think now I do and I can also talk about it with you guys. My New Family 0.22 ( which will be Chapter 17 ) won't be the last update for the game. There will be one more update after this ( 0.23, Chapter 18 ) which will end with a "banger", as the youngsters now say. After 0.23 there will only be one update, the "Ending" update, where you will get the timeskip and seeing all the girls with pregnant bellies etc. This update won't be a regular one and will probably not include six ingame days, I haven't really decided on that yet. But that doesn't mean My New Family is ending. I plan to also release My New Family 2 this year, which will play 18 years after the ending of the first game, featuring the "true" ending with all the girls in the harem etc. I will post more things I have in mind once 0.22 is released for everyone ( in the update post ), this is just something for you to keep in mind. 0.22 Will 100% release in february.

I also worked a bit more on My New Memories, changing up a few dialogues I had already written out. It's weird how this sometimes happens. It's like a sudden change of mind and I delete a huge chunk of already written stuff to change it - which usually made me feel quite bad because it felt like wasted time. Now it's the opposite, I think when I decide to rewrite certain passages ( or add new things ) it helps me see the whole thing from a different perspective again. For example, the dialogue with Jessica in Chapter I started completely different in earlier versions. It took me a few tries to make it feel right, at least for me, and I think it shows because most reactions to that event were positive. To be honest, I can't wait to put all my time into My New Memories again, I'm itching to continue the story and dive deeper into new territories in terms of writing. Todays render is Lina in a cute outfit, standing outside :).

And I think that's it for this week! If anything comes up I'll let you guys know! Until then, stay awesome!

dark_mark

Oct 24, 2021

I didn't mean to diss MNF as it is an incredible game, I was a top tier patron for most of it's run. Unfortunately, due to covid my employment has been virtually nothing so I held on for as long as I could, and plan to come back if I can get a freakin' job! I liken it to the Beatles in 1967, they released both Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and while MMT was a great album, Sgt. Pepper's was on a whole other level!!!

And yes, I was around back then... (old fucker alert!)

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Hmmm. No updates since November of last year. Is it safe to assume that Killer7 has abandoned this game? Has Killer7, therefore, killed this game ;-)

PS: I hope not, as this one had some major promise in story and amazing graphics/art! I agree with Killer7 that his writing has improved. But his release schedule has deteriorated, it seems... Unless he did abandon this game also?
If you take two minutes to look you can see Killer7 is working on 2 games, if you even bothered to look you would see recent updates status on this game, like literally 3 fucking posts above yours.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Hmmm. No updates since November of last year. Is it safe to assume that Killer7 has abandoned this game? Has Killer7, therefore, killed this game ;-)

PS: I hope not, as this one had some major promise in story and amazing graphics/art! I agree with Killer7 that his writing has improved. But his release schedule has deteriorated, it seems... Unless he did abandon this game also?
Yes. it's obvious to everyone that K7 has abandoned yet ANOTHER game, very unreliable Dev!!

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes