Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Doesn't even get that far.
Well... if you are ambitious - make a copy of a RenPy game you know works. Remove everything from the copy's 'game' folder. Copy everything from 'game' folder of My New Neighbor and put it in the copy's 'game' folder. And try again.
That has been known to work for people who are having trouble with updated RenPy versions. :>)

fujikhan

Sep 4, 2020
Well... if you are ambitious - make a copy of a RenPy game you know works. Remove everything from the copy's 'game' folder. Copy everything from 'game' folder of My New Neighbor and put it in the copy's 'game' folder. And try again.
That has been known to work for people who are having trouble with updated RenPy versions. :>)
The .9 version worked fine. It's only after I added the update that it's crashing.

sam732

Nov 5, 2019
Ok, so I went back to the .9 version and only updated the game folder to the .95 version (excluding the .exe, py, and sh files) and it seems to be working.
hy so who are rin and hina cuz when i entered the game i saw no update and i followed the same way as u did just update the game folder thats it, so can u please help

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Ok, so I went back to the .9 version and only updated the game folder to the .95 version (excluding the .exe, py, and sh files) and it seems to be working.
Glad that got it working for you. The trick is to completely clean out that 'game' folder and replacing it with the contents of the new game's 'game' folder. (Nice of RenPy to make that kinda easy!)
Could be that the download is funky if more than one person is having trouble.

ecchihentaimaster

May 31, 2018
Glad that got it working for you. The trick is to completely clean out that 'game' folder and replacing it with the contents of the new game's 'game' folder. (Nice of RenPy to make that kinda easy!)
Could be that the download is funky if more than one person is having trouble.
Rmaximus said that there are problems with this update and that they are working on them. so now we can complain about the wait for the patches for the update. YAY. :D

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Rmaximus said that there are problems with this update and that they are working on them. so now we can complain about the wait for the patches for the update. YAY. :D
YAY! Where would humanity be if we did not have at LEAST one thing to complain about during the day... it was nice of them to provide it to us. Our day is fulfilled! :ROFLMAO:

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Could you share your .exe, sh and py file of the root folder , I screw up my install with the update and if it can allow me to not dl again the whole game it will be nice :)
Edit : nevermind I did a thorough wipe of the game folder, well here I go to make a complete dl

Splaticus

Apr 18, 2018
Had problems with the Update file as well (unpack, merge, but launch exe would just sit there and never load). Ended up downloading the complete .95 file (all 8G, which Mega inexplicably let me do in one go, surprised the barreling fuck out of me) which worked fine. Also had to download the phone file, but you just need to talk to Rin and Hina at every opportunity to advance their story, so the walkthrough prompts in the phone are sort of unnecessary.

Reactions: Loganfin

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
Had problems with the Update file as well (unpack, merge, but launch exe would just sit there and never load). Ended up downloading the complete .95 file (all 8G, which Mega inexplicably let me do in one go, surprised the barreling fuck out of me) which worked fine. Also had to download the phone file, but you just need to talk to Rin and Hina at every opportunity to advance their story, so the walkthrough prompts in the phone are sort of unnecessary.
I broke down and did the same.

Reactions: Splaticus

HiroNakamura

Jun 11, 2020
Yay! One of my favorite games (really like Zoe character) here got a new update, thanks Mr. Maximus!! I think I will start a new playthrough later after work today. :love:

By the way it's also the biggest adult game in my collection I believe^^ I fear that someday I will have problems building an android version that runs on my android tablet if the game gets bigger and bigger - Ineed to compress it good :LOL:

tyuiasdf

Mar 5, 2020
Game is so good and last 2 updates have been the best so far. Different paths are so good. I wish we could get bimbo and goth versions of other girls. Or other paths to. Like a fitness model one, not giant but like a bikini model.

only suggestion is bimbo path could use a few small changes. The same way the goth path has talking about wanting to get tattoos and stuff, the bimbo path should have some talking about wanting to look more like bimbos. The goth path has trips to the tattoo artist. The bimbo path should have a trip to the makeup store and then beauty clinic to look at implants and lip fillers.

may is nervous about getting tattoos but gets one because player likes it. Would be cool if same thing could happen at plastic surgery clinic.

3.70 star(s) 69 Votes