The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have a problem that was made into a bigger problem. every time i play a h-scene the background would flicker from normal to black every second; i tried to fix it by seeing if switching the renderer would work but when i did and closed the app than run it again. I'm lift with a black screen and cant even move the mouse on it anymore. is there a way to which back the renderer or a way to re-set the setting back to normal?
Can you delete the persistent file from the save folder present in %APPDATA% and game folder, This should hardreset the renderer

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
find the file in the game folder but cant in appdata, where should i be looking ?
You will have to type in %appdata% in Windows run, from there you have to go to roaming/renpy/ you should find all your renpy saves, look for my office adventures and delete the persistent file, take a look at this

wild117

Jun 15, 2018
Which platform and a callstck or error screenshot would help
PC
it doesn't have an errorcode, it just fades back to desktop when the transition has two different screens overlapping.
So for the demo I see the two girls from the from the front. Then it asks to swap angles, I press that and the next frame hangs on top of the current one and then it crashes.

In the traceback text it says this.

MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
My Office Adventures 0.50
Sun Oct 03 15:43:05 2021

• Thinking Face
Reactions: The Coder

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
PC
it doesn't have an errorcode, it just fades back to desktop when the transition has two different screens overlapping.
So for the demo I see the two girls from the from the front. Then it asks to swap angles, I press that and the next frame hangs on top of the current one and then it crashes.

In the traceback text it says this.

MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
My Office Adventures 0.50
Sun Oct 03 15:43:05 2021
Will inbox you

Mar 29, 2019
You will have to type in %appdata% in Windows run, from there you have to go to roaming/renpy/ you should find all your renpy saves, look for my office adventures and delete the persistent file, take a look at this
didnt solve the problem

• Wow

TheshadowofH

May 24, 2021
it worked; thanks for the help. but thing to help with the background flickering black

WillTellU

Sep 21, 2018
So apparently having the miniplayer on during your first time with Amy and transitioning to the second scene crashes the game with a memory error. Have to turn it off before transitioning.

The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So apparently having the miniplayer on during your first time with Amy and transitioning to the second scene crashes the game with a memory error. Have to turn it off before transitioning.
Thanks will have a look

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes