3.70 star(s) 34 Votes

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
lol man really! I was like to give up to try this game! I just double click the game, but nothing! And i just do not understand why the game never start! So i try to see if someone here have me same problems. And i finally find you comment.
If you have the "ə" in the folder name, the game never start!
So i need to change: My Sister & I [v0.5d] [Tortilla Dr"ams] in a normal "e" and the game finally start!

Thank you
This is so retarded that slipping in certain characters or adding to many, fucks the folder and prevents it from working properly....

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
This is so retarded that slipping in certain characters or adding to many, fucks the folder and prevents it from working properly....
Less standard characters slipping into the database at work is a major headache for me, mainly when they get exported to files we send to other companies and it causes havoc with loading the file on their end. A lot of programs can't parse anything than the standard character sets because they were written so long ago, or based on very old technology or specifications.

Similarly, I've run into issues with insanely long file names, sometimes combined with just as long folder paths that force the combined character total past the limit for Windows and/or the program trying to do something with the file. The last filename in question ended with ".txt.xls" as the extension after seventy-odd characters for the rest of the filename, and also had another entire filename and extension in the middle of it.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
This game won't to start, any help. (Win 10)
This poster below me found a solution, perhaps it'll help?

lol man really! I was like to give up to try this game! I just double click the game, but nothing! And i just do not understand why the game never start! So i try to see if someone here have me same problems. And i finally find you comment.
If you have the "ə" in the folder name, the game never start!
So i need to change: My Sister & I [v0.5d] [Tortilla Dr"ams] in a normal "e" and the game finally start!

Thank you

Solution above!

Oh, good job, no wonder they fit so well! Don't worry too much about making sheets unless you actually want to, I can always just play it by ear :D
If you require any help do not hesitate to ask then friend!

Is it just me, or does the scene with the brother and sister seem to jump around a bit? This is on the full, uncompressed version downloaded from Mega.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other than that, it was a very hot scene. I hesitated to try this game because I'm not a fan of larger breasts generally, but they work on her, and overall she's really cute, and so is the story and relationship.
It might seem jumpy indeed, there were so many rewrites of that scene that I ended uplosing count :p
Yet I am really glad that you ended up enjoying the game! Hope you'll enjoy what's to come too!

Glad I was able to help someone :)
Thank you very much!

Less standard characters slipping into the database at work is a major headache for me, mainly when they get exported to files we send to other companies and it causes havoc with loading the file on their end. A lot of programs can't parse anything than the standard character sets because they were written so long ago, or based on very old technology or specifications.

Similarly, I've run into issues with insanely long file names, sometimes combined with just as long folder paths that force the combined character total past the limit for Windows and/or the program trying to do something with the file. The last filename in question ended with ".txt.xls" as the extension after seventy-odd characters for the rest of the filename, and also had another entire filename and extension in the middle of it.
I think I'll change the name once again, I did it out of sheer paranoia, as most of my choices, but it seems it is breaking it down for some people so we must return to normalcy!

Thank you for pointing this out friends!

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Dev. Just wanted to say that I love what you've done with the game, and i highly respect you being active on these forums to answer questions people have. I wish we had more developers like you.

I was wondering if you planned to add a morning BJ scene? Feel like it would work well with this genre and type of story, although I am biased as they're some of my favorite kinds of scenes. Goodluck with development

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Hi Dev. Just wanted to say that I love what you've done with the game, and i highly respect you being active on these forums to answer questions people have. I wish we had more developers like you.

I was wondering if you planned to add a morning BJ scene? Feel like it would work well with this genre and type of story, although I am biased as they're some of my favorite kinds of scenes. Goodluck with development
Thank for your kind words!

Regarding the scene, one of our side stories opens with it as it too is one of my favourite tropes, there's definitely one coming our way in the canon game as well :whistle:

relev-

Jul 4, 2017
Mostly I like it honestly. I'm not a big fan of the brother/sister dynamic, but I know what I signed up for and the fact is, most things around here feature some sort of incest. And even if you can replace it, it's usually terrible implemented. "Oh no, I can't have feelings for my ROOMMATE, it's illegal." No it fucking isn't. But this isn't what I wanted to talk about.

What I actually wanted to talk is that this gives me a vibe that dev doesn't have siblings. Nobody calls their sister "sister" or brother "brother." They're called by their given names. Occasionally you call them a cunt, dude, idiot. But I can't remember EVER calling my siblings "Hey sister/brother." Or heard anyone do that. I introduce them as my siblings, sure. I know it plays into the very genre or fetish or whatever but there has to be a way to make it feel more natural.

Beyond that I like it. It delivers exactly what it promises. It's not overcomplicated, neither does it pretend to be something it's not. Everything is at least acceptable quality and I believe it will keep going upwards as the dev gains even more experience. In overall, fine job.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Mostly I like it honestly. I'm not a big fan of the brother/sister dynamic, but I know what I signed up for and the fact is, most things around here feature some sort of incest. And even if you can replace it, it's usually terrible implemented. "Oh no, I can't have feelings for my ROOMMATE, it's illegal." No it fucking isn't. But this isn't what I wanted to talk about.

What I actually wanted to talk is that this gives me a vibe that dev doesn't have siblings. Nobody calls their sister "sister" or brother "brother." They're called by their given names. Occasionally you call them a cunt, dude, idiot. But I can't remember EVER calling my siblings "Hey sister/brother." Or heard anyone do that. I introduce them as my siblings, sure. I know it plays into the very genre or fetish or whatever but there has to be a way to make it feel more natural.

Beyond that I like it. It delivers exactly what it promises. It's not overcomplicated, neither does it pretend to be something it's not. Everything is at least acceptable quality and I believe it will keep going upwards as the dev gains even more experience. In overall, fine job.
the answer is: Patreon's rules, and the inability of actually fixing issue...because at the beginning you choose what relationship have those two character(meaning that even words like "bro" or "sis" can't be used bc Patreon's rules)

I'm about to use your same example: "Oh no, I can't have feelings for my [ROOMMATE], it's illegal." <-- now try to change [ROOMMATE] with your MC name (which it's unpredictable for him, so, even if he changes it, he couldn't write short versions of MC's names just so the characters can call each other without using their full first name)

i mean, it may work, and the dev should re-check the entire game trying to put more [MC's name] and less "[what kind of bond the character share]" but: The dev's first language isn't english(based on the grammar errors) and this kind of fixing is usually retroactive, meaning that everyone will be forced to re-play the entire game all over again(which is annoying)

Reactions: sakosux

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
That is in this form is stupid, probably culture and language dependent, but for example we ( my sister and I ) call each others a sister/brother, not often, but regularly.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
That is in this form is stupid, probably culture and language dependent, but for example we ( my sister and I ) call each others a sister/brother, not often, but regularly.
read my answer above

short version: too many variables to deal with, including the issue of "shortening names" (example: i named my MC, David, it's simple to short this name in "Dave/Davy" but imagine doing the same thing to far more elaborate names...i mean Elisabeth would be "Micheal" would be "Mich" if we only keep the first 4 letters.........although it sounds good, we can't predict every name, i mean i'm pretty sure there are names that shortened wouldn't sound good as my examples XD)

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
You can thank your operating system settings for that, not the developer

I have observed issues using US settings in Windows having issues reading paths, files, etc.
Heck, Finish settings will messup reading of US expecting programs, even though it is all the same Windows OS.

These issues are not well known within the developer community, let alone use within renpy folks.

• Star-struck
Reactions: Gargarlley

RYOUSC

Jan 11, 2021
Great incest game, dev! I was skeptical at first, back when I downloaded v 0.2 I couldn't even finish it. I randomly gave it a try again after seeing v 0.5 come out, and I love it!

I honestly enjoy MC and his sister's dynamic after they crossed the line. Glad you don't make it into a harem like other games too!

Here's a small request of mine: titfuck scene, please!

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
For grammar, ending each sentence with a period or other punctuation is very important. Sometimes, an ellipsis ("...") can end an incomplete phrase, but not too many, please.

The other big improvement would be to capitalize (capitalise in British?) the main girl's name. I stayed with the default, and the first few scenes still call her "claire" in text.

You should actively seek a volunteer proofreader; if you prefer British speaking, someone familiar with that.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
You can thank your operating system settings for that, not the developer

I have observed issues using US settings in Windows having issues reading paths, files, etc.
Heck, Finish settings will messup reading of US expecting programs, even though it is all the same Windows OS.

These issues are not well known within the developer community, let alone use within renpy folks.
never said anything about the devs in this regard. Only stating the absurdity of this still forever being a thing

Mar 3, 2021
Dev, you said in the 0.5 update log that the new choice system gives you different scenes depending on what ones you chose. Is there a place where I can find a list of the currently implemented scenes? Just want to check that I made the correct choices to see all the scenes.
Thanks!

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Dev, you said in the 0.5 update log that the new choice system gives you different scenes depending on what ones you chose. Is there a place where I can find a list of the currently implemented scenes? Just want to check that I made the correct choices to see all the scenes.
Thanks!
I quickly glanced through the code, and besides a few lines of text and short scenes, choices so far do not make a difference.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
What I actually wanted to talk is that this gives me a vibe that dev doesn't have siblings.
You'd be wrong my friend! I do not have a younger sibling, but I do have an older one, and I call her with a cutesy variation of sister because when I was young she asked me too and it stuck even as we became older!

Here's a small request of mine: titfuck scene, please!
It shall be done!

For grammar, ending each sentence with a period or other punctuation is very important. Sometimes, an ellipsis ("...") can end an incomplete phrase, but not too many, please.

The other big improvement would be to capitalize (capitalise in British?) the main girl's name. I stayed with the default, and the first few scenes still call her "claire" in text.

You should actively seek a volunteer proofreader; if you prefer British speaking, someone familiar with that.
There's a mod for the period thing, I personally do not do it because I believe it means there's a full stop at the end of the sentence, and what I try to recreate it's the feeling of constant and asphyxiating communication!

Thanks!
There's a walkthrough online on Patreon, eitherway! What changes is mostly that the choices now count towards a point system that was first used on this update as well, it's on the hotel reception scene and it's brief, there should also be a few words in some other scenes but so far it was mostly a test run!

ModestTitan

Oct 31, 2021
Frankly, I really do like the core parts of the game. It is clear that things are improving at a respectable pace, the developer is getting better, the updates advance the story, and the graphics are great. As of now, I think the review average does a good job of reflecting that this indeed is a worthwhile game. I however would prefer to review things once more has been hammered out. That being said, I would recommend trying this game if you are willing to work with a slower story.

Last edited:

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Frankly, I really do like the core parts of the game. It is clear that things are improving at a respectable pace, the developer is getting better, the updates advance the story, and the graphics are great. As of now, I think the review average does a good job of reflecting that this indeed is a worthwhile game. I however would prefer to review things once more has been hammered out. That being said, I would recommend trying this game if you are willing to work with a slower story.
Thank you very much for your kind words

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm playing now but im not sure this game need walktrough? Can we lose some scenes because of choices or choices actualy doesnt matter?

3.70 star(s) 34 Votes