3.70 star(s) 34 Votes

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Gargarlley Hey love your game. It seams like i missed the last update? so i played this one and started a new game. Now i have a problem after the Interview for Clair the animations bringing my CPU to max Load.
I can click trough the text witout problem but the animations are grinding to an halt and the CPU stays at max until the "Animation" stops.
Sucks a bit to play like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit it seams only the few Animations in the Hallway are affected. I opend the Video file with an video player and there they play normal they are only lagging in game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe they need a larger cachefile in renpy or something like that?

Last edited:

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Hey Gargarlley. I just finished playing through, and an accomplishment is I actually read through the dialogue unlike all the others that I just set to skip unseen text and get to the good bits. As a writer myself I very much enjoyed it not being the generic BS that is in nearly every other harem game and is instead a focused romance between the two. But I do not bring all praise.

1) the time between when you start and that first topless scene is a little to short imo. I get that if it takes 3 hours then some smooth brains will just drop it or do what I normally do though. This is a personal gripe cause I think you've done a good job so far.

2) Show don't tell. With all these nods to the past in here it would be a good idea for flashbacks. It doesn't have to be anything long if it doesn't have to be, but cutting to the past to show how their relationship developed would help tremendously in the believability of their relationship. I know this can be tricky though, putting them in places that would not completely break the flow of the story, but I do think with the speed at which they go from regular siblings to lovers this is mandatory to a degree. Not saying go ham at every reference, but a few here or there would do a lot of good.

And if you do take this advice, please PLEASE give us a flashback of the two getting into a sibling arguement and then the both of them feeling bad about it before fumbling apologies.
I've been thinking about a flashback (there's a little one in this last update) but here's the thing
I don't really want to depict "minors" on my VN, so I don't know wether to make a flashback where they look the same or how to handle it honestly

Gargarlley Hey love your game. It seams like i missed the last update? so i played this one and started a new game. Now i have a problem after the Interview for Clair the animations bringing my CPU to max Load.
I can click trough the text witout problem but the animations are grinding to an halt and the CPU stays at max until the "Animation" stops.
Sucks a bit to play like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit it seams only the few Animations in the Hallway are affected. I opend the Video file with an video player and there they play normal they are only lagging in game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe they need a larger cachefile in renpy or something like that?
Appreciate the feedback my friend
That's quite strange, I honestly don't know enough to fix it as it seems to work properly in my end. Does it run nicely after them?

Reactions: fapioramos

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Appreciate the feedback my friend
That's quite strange, I honestly don't know enough to fix it as it seems to work properly in my end. Does it run nicely after them?
as soon as the animation ends everything is back to normal and the following Animations playing great.

I poked a bit around and found out, that while the animation should play renpy grabs all the capacity of every core my CPU has and uses it to the max. If I give the process only one core, my PC stops freezing but the animation still doesn't play. Your CPU has probably more cores than mine so you don't get the problem. The spike in CPU usage is probably something you could observe regardless.

Did you render the animations in 4K?

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Found another gud game
Glad you like it friend!

as soon as the animation ends everything is back to normal and the following Animations playing great.

I poked a bit around and found out, that while the animation should play renpy grabs all the capacity of every core my CPU has and uses it to the max. If I give the process only one core, my PC stops freezing but the animation still doesn't play. Your CPU has probably more cores than mine so you don't get the problem. The spike in CPU usage is probably something you could observe regardless.

Did you render the animations in 4K?
It's quite possible those are the ones I tried rendering at a higher quality, I'll try to replace them for the next update so as to avoid this problem. Thank you for bringing it up my friend

Reactions: fapioramos

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
It's quite possible those are the ones I tried rendering at a higher quality, I'll try to replace them for the next update so as to avoid this problem. Thank you for bringing it up my friend
I took the scaling out of that animation to see if it worked smoother, then I saw that the animation is massive.
4k animations put a heavy strain on the CPU in renpy not only it needs more juice to decode the file as such, but it also needs additional power to scale the shit back to the shown resolution. I can play games like cyberpunk 2077 without a hitch, but that animation is killing my CPU ^^

I would appreciate it if you would make yourself the additional work and replace the animation with a native one for the next update. There are far too few games, that go for the sweet and wholesome vibe that you hit so perfectly. (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gargarlley

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
I'm enjoying this but wish the writer would use the words "at" or "in" instead of incorrectly using the word "on" every single time. Otherwise, nice VN. :)
Truly my worst vice, but I swear I'm working on it!

any scene replayer unlock?
Honestly never thought of that but I'll try to cook up something!

I took the scaling out of that animation to see if it worked smoother, then I saw that the animation is massive.
4k animations put a heavy strain on the CPU in renpy not only it needs more juice to decode the file as such, but it also needs additional power to scale the shit back to the shown resolution. I can play games like cyberpunk 2077 without a hitch, but that animation is killing my CPU ^^

I would appreciate it if you would make yourself the additional work and replace the animation with a native one for the next update. There are far too few games, that go for the sweet and wholesome vibe that you hit so perfectly. (y)
Thank you for the kind words, I will try to take note of this so I do not forget my friend

taru

Apr 23, 2018
will the sister have more facial expressions or like mouth opening when she talks in the future?

3.70 star(s) 34 Votes