3.70 star(s) 34 Votes

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
Not yet my friend, you can begin the proccess yet it'll be for the lategame, albeit I want there to be some amount of content for it so that it's not only "hey i'm pregnant, woah I had it, very epic"
I think it could be rather wholesome to have a update or two just about the whole pre labour thing

We never forgot about you my friend!
That would be really nice. Usually with games with the pregnancy tag, they mean it more for just impregnation versus the characters actually getting pregnant. I understand waiting until late game, which is unfortunate for my likes, but that's typically what happens if devs do add it in. I always like the dynamic of a woman actually getting pregnant either early or mid game and how that changes things (of course for the better lol). Thanks for all the good work on the game.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
That would be really nice. Usually with games with the pregnancy tag, they mean it more for just impregnation versus the characters actually getting pregnant. I understand waiting until late game, which is unfortunate for my likes, but that's typically what happens if devs do add it in. I always like the dynamic of a woman actually getting pregnant either early or mid game and how that changes things (of course for the better lol). Thanks for all the good work on the game.
Hope it wont dissapoint then my friend!

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Hope it wont dissapoint then my friend!
Hello dev ! I visited your Parton page and was hoping to see any news about when can or any news related to coming update. Yet even month old post are locked so I just hoping you take pity on your fans here or If you like please let us know about when update are coming.
thanks !

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
thanks a lot for sharing
Glad you liked it friend!

Hello dev ! I visited your Parton page and was hoping to see any news about when can or any news related to coming update. Yet even month old post are locked so I just hoping you take pity on your fans here or If you like please let us know about when update are coming.
thanks !
Greetings, the last update was in November. I do not yet know when I'll be finished with the next one (I'd say I'm halfway through it, a bit more perhaps)
I'd rather not attempt to give any kind of dates nonetheless, as it's not unusual for me to remake entire segments as I eerily grow more and more obsessive with my own work

But to each his manias, am I right?

Eitherway, I hope to see you in the near future my friend!

Multi27

Jan 16, 2022
Are there any plans on reworking the dialogue a little down the line? it's a bit weird having your sister calling you "brother" so much, at least when talking directly to you lol
great game nonetheless

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Are there any plans on reworking the dialogue a little down the line? it's a bit weird having your sister calling you "brother" so much, at least when talking directly to you lol
great game nonetheless
It's honestly a personal kink of mine, I do understand that it might be slightly off putting for some but I do really enjoy it
I have toned it down nonetheless, as I do want the most people to enjoy it, yet it's prevalence can never be subdued because of the personal enjoyiment it brings me

Eitherway, thank you for playing my friend, I hope you had fun

Multi27

Jan 16, 2022
It's honestly a personal kink of mine, I do understand that it might be slightly off putting for some but I do really enjoy it
I have toned it down nonetheless, as I do want the most people to enjoy it, yet it's prevalence can never be subdued because of the personal enjoyiment it brings me

Eitherway, thank you for playing my friend, I hope you had fun
i get it when it's for dirty talk etc. but in random conversation it doesnt make much sense lol
Maybe add a second prompt asking what you usually call each other, like bro and sis :)

Last edited:

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
i get it when it's for dirty talk etc. but in random conversation it doesnt make much sense lol
Maybe add a second prompt asking what you usually calle ah other, like bro and sis :)
I'm going to be honest, I don't see myself capable of juggling so many things. But after I finish this game, I do wish to be more organised in how I make the next one, as to say the development of this one was tumultuous would be an understatement

Reactions: fapioramos

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
hehe
Buy milk in wide-mouth bottles. when your sister wants to occupy the bathroom and you are forced to pee - the milk bottle has the neck of the right size =)

• Haha
Reactions: Gargarlley

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
3º It does have to do with the story and you got the interpretation right yet not the reasoning behind it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm sorry for bringing this up again so long after we initially discussed it, but it popped back into my head several weeks ago while I was working on my own project and it has stuck with me since. I didn't say anything more on the topic back then because you seemed to be satisfied with the line, but if I don't address it, it's going to keep bothering me. For context, since it was a while ago, you were responding to this observation:
I know, I know. Grammar is one of those things that a lot of people regard as a lesser detail and anything beyond what is needed to make a sentence understandable is considered superfluous, even to the point of society inventing terms like "grammar police" to describe those that take it too seriously... But as someone who takes writing very seriously myself and can obsess over my exact phrasing of every sentence, I can't let this one go.

The sentence "This truly was a blissful life" is specified by the verb "was" to be . That means that grammatically, this sentence refers to something that transpired in the past and, to be more explicit about why it bothers me, not in the present.
This is why the sentence in its current iteration isn't about expectations for the future or putting oneself down, as you said you wanted it to. This isn't a speaker that is afraid something they have won't last, but someone who has already lost it, which is again why it comes across to the reader as foreboding rather than pessimistic; it sounds like an omniscient narrator foreshadowing future events and telling the reader not "I was afraid that it would not last," but "it won't last." The line isn't conveying an expectation, it is implying a fact.
(I'm sorry I'm raving on about this for so long, but I'm trying very hard to make it obvious that there is a problem, even in relation to your intended meaning behind the line.)

That being said I'm also sympathetic regarding the difficulty of trying to get the implications you want across without making it explicit. Simply changing it to ("This truly is a blissful life") or even ("This truly has been a blissful life") instead comes across as appreciative, optimistic and hopeful, which is the exact opposite of what you want, so those won't work.
If the narrator-version of the MC was supposed to be speaking from an omniscient future perspective the sentence could be fixed by changing it to ("This truly had been a blissful life"), which would imply essentially what you want: that it had been nice in the past but without any implications as to whether it is still that way in the present. This only works if the narrator speaks from the future, though, which I don't think he does; every other line of narration (that I can think of) seems to be rooted in the present version of him (or the FMC) of the story.

My recommendation would be to make the line less misleading and maintaining its intended meaning and purpose by making it explicit. Simply changing the tense to present or present perfect would fix potentially getting the wrong impression, but elegantly restoring its intended message afterward is tricky. As brute force as it might seem, I would recommend simply moving that message to a following sentence. So instead of "This truly was a blissful life...", I would recommend "This truly has been a blissful life... I hope it lasts." Or maybe "This truly has been a blissful life... but I'll fuck it up eventually." Or something to that effect.

Uh... so yeah, I think that about covers it. Feel free to ignore me if you still think the line is fine as it is, but at least now I know that I've done what I can to explain why it bothers me. Hope you're doing well, and I'm still looking forward to the next chapter of the story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gargarlley

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
hehe
Buy milk in wide-mouth bottles. when your sister wants to occupy the bathroom and you are forced to pee - the milk bottle has the neck of the right size =)
You can actually pee in any sort of bottle, this is someting I learnt a few years, but really, as long as the tip can somewhat align you can pee almost anywhere without spilling.

View attachment 2344669

Um, isn't "Swallow Space" just Claire's mouth? :unsure:
It's a parody of Deep Space 9, a magnificient show in case you haven't seen it!

I replayed this from the beginning with this latest release to remind myself of everything again. Here are some thoughts I had or notes about it I've made.

1º The heart / hearth, you're absolutely right. I learnt the difference a few months ago :cry:
It took messing up in a work setting to realise this

2º I believe I did that for comedic reasons, but I'll have a look my friend

3º I'm glad you love Claire as much as I do! Regarding Megan, the Joey example is right on point my friend. I wish to expand on her in the future as I wouldn't like it either if they were just these shallow caricatures. Yet I must avoid flanderisation, I do hope I wont dissapoint my friend

4º This one issue doesn't really appear later on does it? I recall I did away with *most* non visual gestures, yet I'll take a look

5º Regarding that one, those renders were made with the help of an artist that aided me on a update. Yet we didn't end up working for much longer as we had different viewpoints regarding the direction the novel should've gone in. I understand you pointing it out, as it'd be something that'd bother me as well

Grammar observation
Oh worry not my friend, I appreciate you pointing this out!
I'll try to make a point to fix this as I didn't really know how it'd be perceived yet your thoughts have been rather enlightening
Thank you for your continued support friend, I appreciate that you keep us on your thoughts!

3.70 star(s) 34 Votes