Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Is there a Action Lessons reference hidden in this update? Or is it just my mind making up things? ^^ And then the hit at gun law and restrictions ... very fitting in the current days ... :p - oh and that "Where the heart is" cameo .. very nice :)

That was fun, but a bit short - as always *g*

Yeah I still hope for a Nikki+Molly Ending...

Reactions: Alfius

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She implies several times throughout the game that even though she likes having fun, she is looking for the right guy for something more serious.
She's an open-minded, promiscuous girl but she ultimately wants a good guy who will treat her nice and that she can one day settle down with.

Taylor can be that guy and she knows it. She clearly loves him but is either too scared or too proud to admit it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think it’s just something new she likes to explore ... for a while.

“My sister having a serious relation with a religious guy who does not want to have sex before marriage” does not sound as an attractive title.
It seemed like it was bound to happen to me.

The first guy she sleeps with she assumes she's in a relationship with and they were "meant to be" then she spends the rest of the game looking for someone that would take care of her like her brother.

She's just a shit judge of character and ends up sleeping with blokes that just want a one nighter.

Reactions: Rico Caramba

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
She's an open-minded, promiscuous girl but she ultimately wants a good guy who will treat her nice and that she can one day settle down with.

Taylor can be that guy and she knows it. She clearly loves him but is either too scared or too proud to admit it.
Don’t we all want someone we can rely on? Of course she wants to settle down, ultimately.

If I understand this story right, it is not completely separated from reality. That means that Tales and Nikki can fool around, for the purpose of the story, but they can’t start a serious relationship.

But, as I read it, they will always be together in some sort of way, because they are twins.

Molly could be Tales’ girl and be OK with Nikki being who she is. But we don’t know much about Marc. It seems unlikely that he would be OK with Nikki being close to Tales.
If Marc was important for the story, why haven’t we seen him? Therefore my guess is that Marc is not to stay.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018

The first guy she sleeps with she assumes she's in a relationship with and they were "meant to be" then she spends the rest of the game looking for someone that would take care of her like her brother.

She's just a shit judge of character and ends up sleeping with blokes that just want a one nighter.
She certainly is a shit judge of character.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

She assumes she's in a relationship with him because she wants to be because she thinks it will get her mind off her feelings for her brother, that's why she seems to want it so intensely.

But then as she starts to have "fun" with Taylor she comes to realise that she can't let go of her feelings for him and simply tries to repress them by acting nonchalant, setting him up with other girls and acting like she likes this Marc guy.

She knows who she wants but feels like she can't have him because of how society views such relationships and what this means for their lives moving forward, even though Taylor clearly wants it too and doesn't care about what society thinks.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Damn, I want to play this game per 3~4 update so enjoying long content. But with the developement speed like this, perhaps I need to wait a year for that.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
There's always a psychological aspect to games like this, where it's the sister who has the feelings first. Whenever it's the brother in games, usually he's just a perv who wants to bang his family and has no real emotions behind it.

While it's true that Nikki probably harbors romantic feelings for her brother, the one thing she never accepts is that it's possible to live those out. She uses her "training" of him as a way of letting out some of those desires, but once she sees her Brother's chance to be happy with someone else, she backs off and tries to find her own happiness else where. She looks for a guy like her brother, because she already knows she can fall in love with someone like that.

Would I like it if she were able to come to terms and try to find some way to live that incorporates her feelings into her happiness? Yes. However, Nikki follows her own logic and basic common sense. She knows they can have some sex and emotional experiences when it's just the two of them alone in a room. But out in the wide world, there's no way it can happen without the acceptance of others. Acceptance that's she's determined will never be given.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Her being a shit judge of character is the main engine of the story. She thinks she is an expert in seduction, but she does not notice she is being used herself, in the beginning of the story. Then she imagines a bullshit story to couple Tales with a stark raving lunatic (Ashley). She doesn’t believe Taylor when he tells about his encounter with mrs Sollaine.

And now she is sure that Marc is the one for her....

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Don’t we all want someone we can rely on? Of course she wants to settle down, ultimately.

If I understand this story right, it is not completely separated from reality. That means that Tales and Nikki can fool around, for the purpose of the story, but they can’t start a serious relationship.

But, as I read it, they will always be together in some sort of way, because they are twins.

Molly could be Tales’ girl and be OK with Nikki being who she is. But we don’t know much about Marc. It seems unlikely that he would be OK with Nikki being close to Tales.
If Marc was important for the story, why haven’t we seen him? Therefore my guess is that Marc is not to stay.
I don't see any reason why they can't start a serious relationship and I've seen nothing in this VN to suggest that it can't happen at some point.

The heart wants what it wants and if they want it enough they'll find a way to make it work. There's a few obstacles in the way but they can be overcome, maybe not easily but overcome nonetheless.

What's holding them back is Nikki's reluctance to believe that there's a scenario where the two of them can be together so she represses her feelings for Taylor and tries to force them on someone else.

They're both struggling to admit their true feelings for each other because they care so much about what the world thinks of such a relationship. All it would take is for one of them to just say "fuck it" and finally admit the truth, then when those walls come down they can finally sort thing through and figure out what they're going to do.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There's always a psychological aspect to games like this, where it's the sister who has the feelings first. Whenever it's the brother in games, usually he's just a perv who wants to bang his family and has no real emotions behind it.

While it's true that Nikki probably harbors romantic feelings for her brother, the one thing she never accepts is that it's possible to live those out. She uses her "training" of him as a way of letting out some of those desires, but once she sees her Brother's chance to be happy with someone else, she backs off and tries to find her own happiness else where. She looks for a guy like her brother, because she already knows she can fall in love with someone like that.

Would I like it if she were able to come to terms and try to find some way to live that incorporates her feelings into her happiness? Yes. However, Nikki follows her own logic and basic common sense. She knows they can have some sex and emotional experiences when it's just the two of them alone in a room. But out in the wide world, there's no way it can happen without the acceptance of others. Acceptance that's she's determined will never be given.
I think Nikki hopes she can fall in love with someone else but she's really just projecting her feelings for Taylor onto Marc and trying to make it work.

It's a classic storytelling trope where one person longs for someone they can't have and ends up in a relationship with someone they love but aren't ever fully in love with that ends up being very strained and ultimately doesn't last. Sometimes that relationship can go all the way to marriage and kids, but eventually it will break down as they can no longer keep lying to themselves.

This is where I see Nikki and Taylor's relationship. She's in love with him, probably has been even before they went to college, but she believes they can never be together because they're related so she tries to act casual about it, like she's just being adventurous, when really she's just repressing her true feelings and trying to make it work with someone else but it won't work out.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Her being a shit judge of character is the main engine of the story. She thinks she is an expert in seduction, but she does not notice she is being used herself, in the beginning of the story. Then she imagines a bullshit story to couple Tales with a stark raving lunatic (Ashley). She doesn’t believe Taylor when he tells about his encounter with mrs Sollaine.

And now she is sure that Marc is the one for her....
She's not sure Marc is the one for her, she's lying to herself and trying to force it to work.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I think Nikki hopes she can fall in love with someone else but she's really just projecting her feelings for Taylor onto Marc and trying to make it work.

It's a classic storytelling trope where one person longs for someone they can't have and ends up in a relationship with someone they love but aren't ever fully in love with that ends up being very strained and ultimately doesn't last. Sometimes that relationship can go all the way to marriage and kids, but eventually it will break down as they can no longer keep lying to themselves.

This is where I see Nikki and Taylor's relationship. She's in love with him, probably has been even before they went to college, but she believes they can never be together because they're related so she tries to act casual about it, like she's just being adventurous, when really she's just repressing her true feelings and trying to make it work with someone else but it won't work out.
Her experience playing Dreaming of Dana would make her aware that she would need a beard to make it work, and I doubt she'd try to make Molly become that. As for Marc, honestly I don't know. I think if she is projecting it's going to end horribly. I really don't want a bad end for Nikki, but I feel like she's going to end up unhappy no matter what.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Her experience playing Dreaming of Dana would make her aware that she would need a beard to make it work, and I doubt she'd try to make Molly become that. As for Marc, honestly I don't know. I think if she is projecting it's going to end horribly. I really don't want a bad end for Nikki, but I feel like she's going to end up unhappy no matter what.
I do believe there's a very simple path to happiness for Nikki and Taylor and I can see the groundwork being laid for it, but ultimately though I think we're all headed for the same ending, regardless of what choices we make along the way and it's going to be tragic.

I predict we'll see Taylor and Nikki both admit their love to one another and that this happy moment will be destroyed when a recently escaped from prison Ashley interrupts them, has it out with them and kills Nikki for calling the police on her and separating her from "Tales". Ashley will then either be arrested or killed and Taylor will either end up with Molly or someone else, depending on how things proceed if you kissed Nikki at the end of this update.

It'll be a sad ending and I hope I'm wrong because I want to see Taylor and Nikki end up together, but given how they seem to be getting more romantically close, it's the only ending I can see that concludes this progression towards a romantic relationship and proves Sumo was telling the truth when they said that they won't end up together.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
No, I don't think this is the kind of story that will have a bad end for the main characters. It is a comedy, not a tragedy.

I do hope for firework. Sumodeine , surprise us :p.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I do believe there's a very simple path to happiness for Nikki and Taylor and I can see the groundwork being laid for it, but ultimately though I think we're all headed for the same ending, regardless of what choices we make along the way and it's going to be tragic.

I predict we'll see Taylor and Nikki both admit their love to one another and that this happy moment will be destroyed when a recently escaped from prison Ashley interrupts them, has it out with them and kills Nikki for calling the police on her and separating her from "Tales". Ashley will then either be arrested or killed and Taylor will either end up with Molly or someone else, depending on how things proceed if you kissed Nikki at the end of this update.

It'll be a sad ending and I hope I'm wrong because I want to see Taylor and Nikki end up together, but given how they seem to be getting more romantically close, it's the only ending I can see that concludes this progression towards a romantic relationship and proves Sumo was telling the truth when they said that they won't end up together.
No, Ashley will find happiness when she meets the vegan inmates.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac
3.90 star(s) 129 Votes