bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats on a well completed game sumodine, even though it wasn't what we wanted :p lol, and good luck on your next project, can't wait to see what it will be ;)

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
that end was fast feel have you was just done will doing more mostly because you added that him look mc mom at the end not know it end soon i sometime keep small update to play other game but it make it look as if we going for one more women then stop really fast not sure if it was plan but it feel more like you just want a end that do not as our best friend/sis as a lover for live and was there a way keep our best friend/sis in school feel bad about it

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
the "perfect ending" ( I was hoping Nikki would end up with Sarah but it didn't happen but that's not enough reason to act like a brat) fit the tone and themes of the previous updates and everyone got what they deserved. At some point you have to leave neverland and grow. That's what the talk between Tales and Nikki was about. Should we feel bad for Nikki ? Nah, she ended her search for a harbor... From the beginning she wanted a relationship but she was barking at the wrong tree. In the end she got what she wanted.
Tales wanted a normal girlfriend with a sex drive. He got one.
D'brick wanted a phat ass, he got it...
Mrs S also got what she wanted....
Everyone was happy..
And Molly.... she learned what the fuss was about and she was jolly.

pletoxxx

May 18, 2017
But I gave him $2 one time (trust me, I would never lie in a totally anonymous setting like this)! So he clearly was obligated to re-write the game to be entirely populated by anthropomorphic velociraptors like I told him!
"i want my spoon or i'll stop eating!"
even my 5 yo daughter knews well enough that kind of pouting wouldnt get her what she wanted.

• Haha
Reactions: Eerie Entity

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
the "perfect ending" ( I was hoping Nikki would end up with Sarah but it didn't happen but that's not enough reason to act like a brat) fit the tone and themes of the previous updates and everyone got what they deserved. At some point you have to leave neverland and grow. That's what the talk between Tales and Nikki was about. Should we feel bad for Nikki ? Nah, she ended her search for a harbor... From the beginning she wanted a relationship but she was barking at the wrong tree. In the end she got what she wanted.
Tales wanted a normal girlfriend with a sex drive. He got one.
D'brick wanted a phat ass, he got it...
Mrs S also got what she wanted....
Everyone was happy..
And Molly.... she learned what the fuss was about and she was jolly.
Actually that marc Nikki ending was the saddest one of all for me. I have seen a marriage like that where they stayed together for 30 years with a deep dividing unhappiness between them, since she cannot really be happy that according to her beliefs the man she loves and has been married to for so long will go to hell even if he is a good man.

Besides Nikki as she is written at best got second best and she will always know that, most likely she will be sleeping again with tales within a year and then also feeling guilty about betraying two people she cares for. If that is happily ever after in your eyes. Well I would not wish it upon my enemies.

Edit: it also felt to me that Nikki really had not learned anything, more like a 30 yo virgin that immediately marries the first woman that let him get in her bed, whether he is suited to her or not. Or like running away again from her real feelings as she had been doing years before by trying to get into relations time and time again to run away from the relation she really wanted. Now if she had truly acknowledged her feelings and need for Tales and then decided to not follow up on them and move away that might have worked for her over time or she would also end up with three cats. Running away to the first offer rarely solves anything though.

Last edited:

Tataty

Jun 12, 2017
Of course, why own up when you can just blame the dev?
I knew we wouldn't get a Nikki ending. He still fcked up the game not making one. :rolleyes:
I am not blaming Sumo for writing the story the way he wanted but I'm expressing my opinion.

Let's face it: Most people (Don't comment "But I didn't".) have been playing this game because of the relationship between Tales and Nikki. When you end a story that is based on taboo feelings with "Hey let's not be together because society wouldn't allow it." then OFC people are going to be disappointed.

Nikki was never getting an ending. Dev made that clear from the very start.

Lets blame the dev for you not being able to a search though.
Like I said. I knew it was coming.
Announcing something does not make it good though :p

It's like your dad saying: "Son, I don't love your mom anymore. I will leave you. Just so you know. Better be prepared..."

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
So, how should it have been done?

Remember, Sumodeine is 1 guy working on his first game.
That doesn't mean criticism can't be levelled towards it. That was my criticism, there's numerous ways it could have been done but generally just more ways to impact the story and its end are popular with players.

I'm not criticising the author, but it's a criticism of the game that will hopefully be helpful for him.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I knew we wouldn't get a Nikki ending. He still fcked up the game not making one. :rolleyes:
I am not blaming Sumo for writing the story the way he wanted but I'm expressing my opinion.

Let's face it: Most people (Don't comment "But I didn't".) have been playing this game because of the relationship between Tales and Nikki. When you end a story that is based on taboo feelings with "Hey let's not be together because society wouldn't allow it." then OFC people are going to be disappointed.

Like I said. I knew it was coming.
Announcing something does not make it good though :p

It's like your dad saying: "Son, I don't love your mom anymore. I will leave you. Just so you know. Better be prepared..."
If we're going with the dad analogy, the whole situation was more like the dad returning home with the cigs he was buying five years ago and trying to patch things up.

And if I had a cent for every time someone said that Nikki wasn't going to be a LI.... I'd be playing tag with my five trophy wives on my yacht en route to my private archipelago

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
End of the day it's the creator that decide the ending and what is final. Those not agreeing to the end, or like it, find themselves in the same situation as someone who is unhappy with the end of a movie, book, whatever. Sometimes you will never get the "happy ending" you want.
It doesn't need to be happy, and saying people just want a happy ending is a bit insulting. However, it should be satisfying to the reader/viewer/player etc. If people found it lacking than constructive criticism should be given so the author can take it into account in t he future.

Reactions: Rythan25 and Agrik

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If we're going with the dad analogy, the whole situation was more like the dad returning home with the cigs he was buying five years ago and trying to patch things up.

And if I had a cent for every time someone said that Nikki wasn't going to be a LI.... I'd be playing tag with my five trophy wives on my yacht en route to my private archipelago
Whether Nikki was a LI or not, those endings provided with her were depressing though if you have to come to care about Nikki. I had hoped Sumo would have found a better way for her or to just leave it hanging in the air.

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018

I mean come on, they specifically addressed your argument in the comment you replied to. Announcing something doesn't make it better, it just makes it less of a surprise.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I mean come on, they specifically addressed your argument in the comment you replied to. Announcing something doesn't make it better, it just makes it less of a surprise.
Thing is, it was announced at the very start and has been made clear ever since so anyone wanting that to happen had plenty of chance to find a game better suited for them.

To get all the way to the end and then complain about the thing that everyone knew wasn't gong to happen not happening .... I mean, sure, it's funny but it's also a bit of a mindfuck that so many people knew what was going to happen yet still find it a surprise that it happend.

It's like they expected Sumo to change his mind despite the fact he hasn't changed his mind in 2 years.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Thing is, it was announced at the very start and has been made clear ever since so anyone wanting that to happen had plenty of chance to find a game better suited for them.

To get all the way to the end and then complain about the thing that everyone knew wasn't gong to happen not happening .... I mean, sure, it's funny but it's also a bit of a mindfuck that so many people knew what was going to happen yet still find it a surprise that it happend.

It's like they expected Sumo to change his mind despite the fact he hasn't changed his mind in 2 years.
At least Sumo while keeping to the vision left the outcome to the players and their choices, unlike the guy with the burning house.

Reactions: Rythan25
3.90 star(s) 128 Votes