JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
Had no idea that changing the name of the build would mess up old saves... Sorry!
Can you keep the same save directory with no version info (ie "MySisterMyRoommate") while still changing the name of the build to reflect newer versions? That would be ideal, I think.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
The main goal of the game is not and never has been Nikki. She's a catalyst for a lot of what happens, and they'll have their fun together, but this story is not "brother and sister fall in love with each other and live happily ever after". That story has been done by a lot of games. I'm trying to make something different.
i still think like a 3 way with nikki and molly would rock haha but not ashley, not ever ashley, she's quite clearly and totally fucking insane. he needs to run far away from her fast, get plastic surgery, etc. but for him to make her break up with him should super easy, all he needs to do is eat a hamburger while kicking a dog.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Had no idea that changing the name of the build would mess up old saves... Sorry!
well they still work, you just have go to the renpy dir under users/appdata etc or under documents and settings/username/application data/ depending on which os and then copy em to the saves dir under /game. i nearly had a heart attack when i saw no saves, then i did that and prayed to the hentai god that they still worked and they did.

Reactions: bas and Sumodeine

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Can you keep the same save directory with no version info (ie "MySisterMyRoommate") while still changing the name of the build to reflect newer versions? That would be ideal, I think.
Agreed, but since that toothpaste is out of the tube, having it consistently point to any one folder is the way to go.

No need to apologize at all! Learning = fun :)

Ok, not quite as fun as boobs, and handjobs, and chicks throwing themselves at you like panties at a Bieber concert. Hmm... I'm gonna play the latest update now and.... then... uh... pray and the like.... yeah.

Reactions: Sumodeine

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
ha, I would love an ending with ashley, it would be fucking hilarious, it could be made in a lot of ways, maybe she could guilt trip taylor to stay with her to death, or maybe she would change everything of her like stop being vegan because she's in love, or she would be a complete psycho and taylor would be afraid of being murdered or some shit like that

ashley ending is a must at this point, but at least we need a threesome with her and nikki

Aug 22, 2017
Oh, seconded, Ashley is great, it's your typical Borderline Disorder case, with the relationship going from 0 to 100 immediately because she can't deal with intimacy any other way. And she's emotionally bullying the MC into reciprocating the relationship, because he's a weak cuck. It's great to see it played for laughs, but unless the MC suddenly has his balls drop and grows 20 years older, I can't see a way it'll work out. Girls like that, they don't need a fuckboy like Taylor, they need a daddy who can stand up to their bullshit.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Do previous saves work with this?
They do, you just have to copy the whole game/saves subfolder into the game subfolder of the new version manually. Automatic re-use of the old saves that is typical to RenPy, doesn't work.

Code:
 define config.save_directory = "MySisterMyRoommateV6"
Changing this value to "MySisterMyRoommateV5" makes all the saves show back up without having to manually move them in the game and AppData folders. :)
Apparently, this is working, too.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I avoided this because of all the NTR talk but I found myself with some spare time and thought i'd give it a go....

And found absolutely zero NTR.

Kinda bummed I avoided it now. Sister struck me as more of a wingman or potential fuck buddy when incredibly horny but not relationship.

Out of the 4 girls i've seen so far there are only 2 that could possibly work relationship wise. Jessica strikes me as horny switch, can't say complete sub. While she likes men that take charge she has the "you'll do what I say" attitude on the back burner for when she wants it her way.

Ashley is nuts. I too love animals but I draw the line at vegan. They eat what my food eats and it's not natural.

Cory is your average girl, I like her and Molly is the extreme end of sheltered. Potential for both of those relationship wise depending just how sheltered Molly is but I haven't got that far in yet.

Edit - Just did the yoga scene, that was fucking hilarious.

fingzman

Jan 6, 2018
A very short story but promising. Very few character-maybe the dev can add a lot of girls. Waiting for the update.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Read what I wrote again. I never said that they'll never do anything together - I even said they'll have their fun together. I just said that they won't fall in love with each other and she's not the main goal of the game.

I thought I strongly implied it, but in case I need to spell it out for everyone...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love this game, I love the writing and I love the variety of girls. It's nice having a game that breaks the "son-lives-with-family-and-fucks-them-all" mold. Don't get me wrong, I love those games, but it's become so overdone that so many of the games are just lame imitations of other imitations. The originality of this game is one of the major selling points for me. I've followed this game since the beginning and I've been a patron since early on, so I've been aware Nikki isn't the focus of the game, which I'm OK with.

That being said, I agree Nikki is the hottest of them all, and in regards to the spoiler in the quote, I. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

215303j

I really like Molly, but I don't see how it can work out at the moment.
The MC is getting too much corrupted for her in my opinion.

And I'm not sure what the Gentleman / Deviant points mean either. Previous playthrough was deviant, but now I was gentleman, but the story was similar. I didn't see as many scenes though, but on the other hand I'd have expected some more progress with Molly on the gentleman path.

Actually I really like the introduction of Eric II. I'm really curious to see how it progresses, but I think we need to hang in there in order to be able to save Nikki later...

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
@Sumodeine - big fan of the game, especially the writing. One request; if you change the name of the build, would you please manually change the following so it doesn't make the save directory change with each update?
Code:
 define config.save_directory = "MySisterMyRoommateV6"
Changing this value to "MySisterMyRoommateV5" makes all the saves show back up without having to manually move them in the game and AppData folders. :)

In case anyone wants it, download & extract this file into your \game folder - it will make your saves from last version show back up & you can use it on future versions as well.
I was wondering why all my saves disappeared, not that I minded restarting, the number of branches has led me to start separating different saves for each branch, like I do with GGGB.

Reactions: Sumodeine

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Actually I really like the introduction of Eric II. I'm really curious to see how it progresses, but I think we need to hang in there in order to be able to save Nikki later...
He was cut off right away on my playthrough(sent the threatening email), I don't want any other guy with Nikki:p.

EDIT: Just reloaded the save and chose to ask Eric for help to see what was the deal and I missed some Skylar content. I hope I have a chance with her by not going with Eric's route like I did on my main save.

The Eric conversation was really funny if you know the contextx'D, but I don't regret one bit on cutting him off since I got to watch Nikki eat my cum off Jessica and most importantly I don't want to share any girl with another dude:tf:.

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
I really like Molly, but I don't see how it can work out at the moment.
The MC is getting too much corrupted for her in my opinion.

And I'm not sure what the Gentleman / Deviant points mean either. Previous playthrough was deviant, but now I was gentleman, but the story was similar. I didn't see as many scenes though, but on the other hand I'd have expected some more progress with Molly on the gentleman path.

The goal of the game in my mind is to get Nikki to corrupt Molly so she's as slutty as Nikki then marry Skylar. Leaving the other two to their debauchery.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I'll take Skylar or Cory, either of those.

I'd take Jessica but she forced the Mc to watch a romcom, nobody should be forced to endure that.

Ashley is okay until she speaks .... and she's a herbivore .... I don't trust anything that survives on plants.

Gonna need another night with the milf though now the MC doesn't cum on insertion.

Plus more sex before the "and they live happily ever after" moment..... well, as long and happy as college romances last.

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
I'll take Skylar or Cory, either of those.

I'd take Jessica but she forced the Mc to watch a romcom, nobody should be forced to endure that.

Ashley is okay until she speaks .... and she's a herbivore .... I don't trust anything that survives on plants.

Gonna need another night with the milf though now the MC doesn't cum on insertion.

Plus more sex before the "and they live happily ever after" moment..... well, as long and happy as college romances last.
If you masturbate before going to bed in the beginning you last longer with the MILF and rock her world.

Jan 1, 2018
ha, I would love an ending with ashley, it would be fucking hilarious, it could be made in a lot of ways, maybe she could guilt trip taylor to stay with her to death, or maybe she would change everything of her like stop being vegan because she's in love, or she would be a complete psycho and taylor would be afraid of being murdered or some shit like that

ashley ending is a must at this point, but at least we need a threesome with her and nikki
The first time Taylor cums in her, I thought, "Uh oh. There it is. That's how she's gonna do it." I can totally see a nature nazi like Ashley NOT going on the pill (because it's "not natural"), and since she thinks she and Taylor are perfect for each other, she imagines he'll WANT to live happily ever after with her and their vegan babies. O_O

Seriously, if he doesn't break it off soon, maybe with Nikki's help or something, I see a Fatal Attraction scene coming.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes