AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
I know what VN (visual novel) means please, don't treat me like a fool. But it seems that for you VN has no interactivity, just click and go. I'm looking for a way to know how to identify interactive visual novels, where you can navigate through different settings and characters. I think I have made it clear and what is the intention. I simply asked for help, but once again, it's more fun to answer a post to sharpen the pencil. Thank you.
I'm making an extended mod of this game, it will have a greater number of branches of the story. I've only done 11 of the 15 episodes so far, but I'm getting there.

paulawantcock

Feb 24, 2018
I know I am late to this. But I really have to say the dev is really a fuqin' bastard!
Intentionally or not, for some reason or another. Every soundtrack in this game has an annoying high pitch squeak.
Even with my speaker volume very low the high frequency pitch is there. If you can't hear it then I suggest getting you hearing checked. I plan to load up all the tracks to have a look at the frequency.
Doing that I might be able to tell if it was intentionally added.
I wouldn't normally bother with this sorta thing... but even after shutting the game off that high pitch frequency sound remains periodically ingrained in my brain repeating every 10 seconds or so, causing a lack of concentration, among other things like headaches and nausea.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
I know I am late to this. But I really have to say the dev is really a fuqin' bastard!
Intentionally or not, for some reason or another. Every soundtrack in this game has an annoying high pitch squeak.
Even with my speaker volume very low the high frequency pitch is there. If you can't hear it then I suggest getting you hearing checked. I plan to load up all the tracks to have a look at the frequency.
I wouldn't normally bother with this sorta thing... but even after shutting the game off that high pitch frequency sound remains periodically ingrained in my brain repeating every 10 seconds or so, causing a lack of concentration, among other things like headaches and nausea.
Sounds more like Tinnitus to me.
Welcome to the club. Been a member for 36 years myself.

If you are actually getting headaches and nausea from it (and not just being a drama queen) get in to see a doctor immediately as it may be something worse.

To try and blame a medical condition on a game just because that's when you noticed it is pretty lame.

Last edited:

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
Personally I turn all volumes down In games So I don't recall hearing any 'noises'.

Does it only happen after playing this title after rebooting PC? I suspect it could be a corrupt download, Try downloading from another source.

If it is Tinnitus as DeUglyOne suggests, you both have my sympathy. I've had Tinnitus After many Metal Gigs in the 90's Thankfully it went

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm pretty sure the game didn't cause those problems.

paulawantcock

Feb 24, 2018
Personally I turn all volumes down In games So I don't recall hearing any 'noises'.

Does it only happen after playing this title after rebooting PC? I suspect it could be a corrupt download, Try downloading from another source.

If it is Tinnitus as DeUglyOne suggests, you both have my sympathy. I've had Tinnitus After many Metal Gigs in the 90's Thankfully it went
Yes it's only this game, I did do a re-download. I know what tinnitus is. It's really strange that I am the only one hearing this.
I am sure I am able to hear up to 13,400 Hz., but besides that, this is the only game it's in the main menu music, and "Correction: [most]" of the tracks. I have become somewhat accustom now but it's still there. I am going to find the source of the music used and listen to those for comparison.

paulawantcock

Feb 24, 2018
Sounds more like Tinnitus to me.
Welcome to the club. Been a member for 36 years myself.

If you are actually getting headaches and nausea from it (and not just being a drama queen) get in to see a doctor immediately as it may be something worse.

To try and blame a medical condition on a game just because that's when you noticed it is pretty lame.
Yeah, thanks for your advice.

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to the Dev of this game? He spoke for a long time about the follow up game, but I haven't noticed anyhting since then. Does anyone know ?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Wondered why there were still 41 active patrons with no update since 2021.
Most likely, they don't check their banking very often or Died :ROFLMAO:
  • £65.04/month for doing fuk all, I bet Sumodeine ain't gonna reach out and remind them :ROFLMAO:
You apparently haven't read what Sumodeine themselves has said on the matter or perhaps you've forgotten:
I absolutely, completely understand why anyone would cancel their pledge and I don't blame them. My goal is a release a really great chapter 1, and do it when it's ready. Patreon makes it very easy for people to cancel and pause their subscriptions, and I wish they made it easier for creators to switch back and forth between charging monthly and per release. But if I switch to a per release model, I can never go back to monthly, so I've kept it monthly and let people decide if they want to support me, knowing full well that I slowly chip away at this new story.

You are right though, I should post on patreon more and provide better status updates. There's a lot of things in my life I need to be better at, and that seems like a very managable one to start with!
So I would cut them some slack. They have been very transparent about time updates take them, that they cannot switch back to monthly if they change it, and that people should feel free to pause or drop if they want. Continuing to get billed monthly is 100% on the supporters anyway, but especially with the pains the developer has taken to make sure people are aware of the situation.

3.90 star(s) 128 Votes