Serra Angel

Aug 22, 2018
Besides all this banter back and forth. My gripe is more about the fact that the game gives you as the player the choice to be a gentleman or a deviant, but the choices dont matter in the slightest because even if you try to be a gentlemen your forced into all the deviant content anyways. So whats the point of having the illusion of choice?

I will say if you just say fuck it and go full on deviant the game seems to flow much better and its more enjoyable to play.

Just dont bother with the goodguy/badboy option if it doesnt mean a damn thing in the end.
I believe the dev, already addressed this issue earlier in the thread... :unsure:

Reactions: TheDevian

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Besides all this banter back and forth. My gripe is more about the fact that the game gives you as the player the choice to be a gentleman or a deviant, but the choices dont matter in the slightest because even if you try to be a gentlemen your forced into all the deviant content anyways. So whats the point of having the illusion of choice?

I will say if you just say fuck it and go full on deviant the game seems to flow much better and its more enjoyable to play.

Just dont bother with the goodguy/badboy option if it doesnt mean a damn thing in the end.
I believe the dev, already addressed this issue earlier in the thread... :unsure:
Yeah, I talked about it a couple times: and and probably a few other times both here and on Patreon, but I didn't go too far back in my post history. I had plans for the scoring impacting different scenes but ultimately scrapped the idea before it was ever implement in a public release. I tested it in the release when Taylor and Eric photograph Skylar. Basically, if you had a bunch of deviant points Taylor would not step in and stop the shoot from happening, but if you were a gentleman you'd step in and get a BJ from her in return. Funny enough, I took it out because it didn't give the players a choice in how the scene progressed, so I scrapped the idea and instead asked the player if they would like to step in or not because I wanted to give them the choice in what they experienced.

The gentleman/deviant points will be going away in the next release though. I kept them in for fun and as a way for players to keep track of how they played, but honestly, it's more annoying now to leave them in now because not everyone frequents these forums and reads every patreon post of mine. So even though I can say over and over again that the points don't matter and are only there for fun, people still ask/complain about them. So by taking them out, maybe it will give people one less thing to bitch about. I guess we'll see.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Yeah, I talked about it a couple times: and and probably a few other times both here and on Patreon, but I didn't go too far back in my post history. I had plans for the scoring impacting different scenes but ultimately scrapped the idea before it was ever implement in a public release. I tested it in the release when Taylor and Eric photograph Skylar. Basically, if you had a bunch of deviant points Taylor would not step in and stop the shoot from happening, but if you were a gentleman you'd step in and get a BJ from her in return. Funny enough, I took it out because it didn't give the players a choice in how the scene progressed, so I scrapped the idea and instead asked the player if they would like to step in or not because I wanted to give them the choice in what they experienced.

The gentleman/deviant points will be going away in the next release though. I kept them in for fun and as a way for players to keep track of how they played, but honestly, it's more annoying now to leave them in now because not everyone frequents these forums and reads every patreon post of mine. So even though I can say over and over again that the points don't matter and are only there for fun, people still ask/complain about them. So by taking them out, maybe it will give people one less thing to bitch about. I guess we'll see.
I see its been brought up extensively so my apologies for piling on. It bugged me because in one playthrough I picked every single gentlemen option and I still ended up up with waaaay more deviant points.

But if you think me and others wont still bitch... welcome to the interwebz... hehe

Reactions: DA22 and Sumodeine

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I see its been brought up extensively so my apologies for piling on. It bugged me because in one playthrough I picked every single gentlemen option and I still ended up up with waaaay more deviant points.

But if you think me and others wont still bitch... welcome to the interwebz... hehe
Yeah, they points were never equal because I scaled the point level based on the decision made and frankly the deviant points would always outnumber the gentleman points, it was just a question of by how much. Sex with your mom's best friend was 20 deviant points, while not spying on your sister in the shower was maybe 4 or 5 gentleman points. The delta between the two is where the decisions would've been made for you. Ultimately, I'm happy I got rid of that idea because I like letting the players decide for themselves.

And don't worry about piling on. I made the decision soon after the last release to take those out and the version that I sent out to a few folks to test yesterday morning didn't have them in there so it was already happening long before your comment. And if you (and others) thought enough about it to say something that means that there's probably a long more people out there that thought it, but didn't say anything. I have to remind myself that even though I typed out a response before, it doesn't mean that everyone read or remembered it. Criticism of the game helps me make the game better - that doesn't mean I'm going to change the core of the story that I want to tell, but I do take everything people say into consideration. Honestly, I appreciate the feedback.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Yeah, they points were never equal because I scaled the point level based on the decision made and frankly the deviant points would always outnumber the gentleman points, it was just a question of by how much. Sex with your mom's best friend was 20 deviant points, while not spying on your sister in the shower was maybe 4 or 5 gentleman points. The delta between the two is where the decisions would've been made for you. Ultimately, I'm happy I got rid of that idea because I like letting the players decide for themselves.

And don't worry about piling on. I made the decision soon after the last release to take those out and the version that I sent out to a few folks to test yesterday morning didn't have them in there so it was already happening long before your comment. And if you (and others) thought enough about it to say something that means that there's probably a long more people out there that thought it, but didn't say anything. I have to remind myself that even though I typed out a response before, it doesn't mean that everyone read or remembered it. Criticism of the game helps me make the game better - that doesn't mean I'm going to change the core of the story that I want to tell, but I do take everything people say into consideration. Honestly, I appreciate the feedback.
Good. Never change your vision and its good you do heed advice/critism it will only make future projects that much better.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
So by taking them out, maybe it will give people one less thing to bitch about. I guess we'll see.
but you'll also have to remove any mention of incest patch, any story branching etc.
And if you (and others) thought enough about it to say something that means that there's probably a long more people out there that thought it, but didn't say anything.
by that logic since I'm speaking in defense of the points, other would to if they had the courage.

For me those points were like the renegade/paragon points in Mass Effect... yes, I'm comparing MSMR to a triple a title, because that's the league you're playing it. I don't care about points in games. My score is not high enogh for the ontent? who cares I;m having a blast.
Back to the points(pun untended), I understand how people might be frustrated by the systemin it's current state; but what if the score was a hidden stat and what is visible would be a text with the game judging the player for example let's say the deviant points would be below 40 , the text displayed would be "you do know this is an adult game?" on the other hand if the deviant points were above 200, it would be something like "Max would be proud of you" since you're good with easter eggs and references .
I also have an idea about choices and will illustrate that on the basis of the dreaded photoshoot. the choice of letting it go is obviously devious so it would require mid-range deviant points, but on the gentlemanl path is the obvious thing so it would require litle amount of points. is it clear so far? All choices would be available, but the player could only see the choice he has enough points. and in case both scores are high enough, both choices would be visible. I know that would require some extra coding, but I believe you have the skills and vision to pull it off.

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
Meh. Seems like a nonissue to me. I wont miss those points being in the corner. I just played the game the way I wanted to but I guess it can be tiring to answer the same questions over and over again.

BTW: Do you have a walkthrough?

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes