Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I keep hearing about this fire on other threads as well. Can someone please tell me which game it's from so I can avoid it. I have an idea of which one it is but I want to be sure. I don't play these to be depressed so I don't like surprise death's or other scenarios in these games.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
I keep hearing about this fire on other threads as well. Can someone please tell me which game it's from so I can avoid it. I have an idea of which one it is but I want to be sure. I don't play these to be depressed so I don't like surprise death's or other scenarios in these games.
, I only played through once, so I'm not entirely sure it's unavoidable. BUT it does happen on, IMO, the best path, which fucking sucks.

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
, I only played through once, so I'm not entirely sure it's unavoidable. BUT it does happen on, IMO, the best path, which fucking sucks.
For what it's worth, I actually really enjoyed the game. It's one of the few games that I actually took a couple hours here and there to play, just because I'm so busy with my own (seriously, the backlog is real - I can count on one hand the number of games on this site I've played in the last couple months).

The characters and the story are really well done and presented in such a way that everyone grows attached to them, which is why it's awful when the rug gets pulled out from under you. That being said, I completely understand the criticisms of the game. It does take a couple very dark unexpected turns, and that does change the feel of the game. It's not all puppydogs and rainbows, but that's life -- but a lot of people want to play these games to escape life, so I get that. From a storytelling point of view, I was completely captivated by the end, which is what you want as an author/developer.

In the end,

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Retrieving the Past and Acting lessons have severed ties, all references have been removed because RTP dev did an Our Fate cameo and Acting Lessons dev took a hissy fit.
I just loaded it up the other day and it had Rena talking about his Bucket List, but then I thought it was the same dev, shows you how well my dyslexic ass does with names. I also might have an older version... :p

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Retrieving the Past and Acting lessons have severed ties, all references have been removed because RTP dev did an Our Fate cameo and Acting Lessons dev took a hissy fit.
That's too bad. I really liked the crossover they did. Shame they couldn't work it out.

Reactions: TheDevian

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
As long as it doesn't end with a house fire where you have to choose between which one of our beloved girls you get to save and let the other die...I'm good.
that wouldn;t fit the story well.
Only if you save her from the house fire first... ;)
well... there's no need for a house fire, but what if Molly had a sister and this sister happened to take a liking to our dashing MC...? that would ignitr shit up
Some day old timers in their rocking chairs will talk about the era before The Great House Fire.
Grandkid.... let me tell you the story of The Great House Fire, grandma made your favorite cake, the Crispy Meghan

wil2rennes

May 28, 2017
the Walkthrough is abandoned ? V6 ? the game is v10 . . .

he has people speak not the language to whom the help in the game is indispensable

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
the Walkthrough is abandoned ? V6 ? the game is v10 . . .

he has people speak not the language to whom the help in the game is indispensable
LOL @ your post history. Literally all you do is ask for walkthroughs.

This has been addressed before but this game doesnt need a WT. The dev made it so the choices can change the story but you dont need a walkthrough

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Think dev just earlier released the WT up to version 0.7 on his Patreon. So guess dev wants people to play and try a bit first, before being spoilered by the WT.:p

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Think dev just earlier released the WT up to version 0.7 on his Patreon. So guess dev wants people to play and try a bit first, before being spoilered by the WT.:p
Nah, the walkthrough was fan made and only released on here. Credit where credit is due: @bartleby made it a long time ago. I may make a guide or something once the game is done and explain the causes and effects of some choices. But right now, since there are no game overs or bad outcomes, I like just letting you guys play it on your own.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Nah, the walkthrough was fan made and only released on here. Credit where credit is due: @bartleby made it a long time ago. I may make a guide or something once the game is done and explain the causes and effects of some choices. But right now, since there are no game overs or bad outcomes, I like just letting you guys play it on your own.
Well, for me, not being able to get involved in a threesome with Nikki and Jennifer because I wanted to bone the hot neighbour MILF and get caught by the Mom because it might lead somewhere with her is a bad outcome, but to each their own I guess.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, for me, not being able to get involved in a threesome with Nikki and Jennifer because I wanted to bone the hot neighbour MILF and get caught by the Mom because it might lead somewhere with her is a bad outcome, but to each their own I guess.
I suppose it depends on what happens the next update, that was quite the cliffhanger.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I suppose it depends on what happens the next update, that was quite the cliffhanger.
A partial 3-way then.

If the incident with Mrs Sollain doesn't lead to any sort of the action with the Mom, then I guess I'll choose to go home early every time and I suppose that in the real world our choices affect what we do and don't do, but in the games like these I like to be able to do everything and not be locked out of certain events because I chose one thing over another unless there is another opportunity to do or be apart of certain events at a later date if you miss it the first time.

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
A partial 3-way then.

If the incident with Mrs Sollain doesn't lead to any sort of the action with the Mom, then I guess I'll choose to go home early every time and I suppose that in the real world our choices affect what we do and don't do, but in the games like these I like to be able to do everything and not be locked out of certain events because I chose one thing over another unless there is another opportunity to do or be apart of certain events at a later date if you miss it the first time.
That's fair. That's a balance that I try to come to terms with the choices mattering, while still allowing for players getting to experience everything, and but telling or showing a different side of the same story depending what decisions are made. What happens in this next update will largely depend on which path the player took in the last update. I made it that way because those are the types of games that I like to play. Not sure if you ever read "Choose Your Own Adventure" books as a kid or anything, but I loved those. Of course, nearly every time a decision had to be made, I'd read both outcomes and decide which one I liked better. I see this game similar to those. At least for now, to see everything will require multiple playthroughs or save scumming.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes