atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thanks @the66 but i don’t think that’s the correct one; especially if D is still conscious about being naked around MC, and even more so around her mom. that might be an april fools render.

please correct me if wrong though! @klx?

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Even though it was an April Fools render, after 4 years stranded with just mom and MC on a deserted island she might have lost those inhibitions and be fine with running naked on the beach with mom! Dev just said they were stranded, didn't say how long they'd been there before that image took place...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
How to use the console cheats?
seriously?

Scroll to the top of your screen. use the search bar. check to see if this question has already been answered before asking like a noob.

or are you just to lazy to find the answer to your own question and want someone else to do it for you.

Reactions: VOYEUR

BakaMangaka

Oct 25, 2017
seriously?

Scroll to the top of your screen. use the search bar. check to see if this question has already been answered before asking like a noob.

or are you just to lazy to find the answer to your own question and want someone else to do it for you.
Well, yeah, I'm a noob, and don't know how to use the console cheats. That's why I asked, And I can't find the answer on any other side. But Thanks for reply ^^ I'll wait for someone esle's help

Reactions: whoisraiden

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Well, yeah, I'm a noob, and don't know how to use the console cheats. That's why I asked, And I can't find the answer on any other side. But Thanks for reply ^^ I'll wait for someone esle's help
use unren found to enable console and use the cheats you want in it after opening console with <shift+o>
and for other questions, give the a chance ;)

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
seriously?

You're absolutely right Grif1001, but no need for insults, we are all here to get along and help a brother out ;) and that without insults please and thank you :)

Reactions: aweriel

BakaMangaka

Oct 25, 2017
use unren found to enable console and use the cheats you want in it after opening console with <shift+o>
and for other questions, give the a chance ;)
OH! Thank you so much :firstimekiss: It was very helpful :heartcoveredeyes:

Bladerik

Mar 28, 2018
Can't believe how great the games have been recently, rendering is superb on most of them, writing is smooth and makes sense and we get to see stories in depth. What more can a guy wish for.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Ok, so just in case I was a bit of an ass, here's one for free... In any Ren'Py game, open the folder you saved it to, open the "renpy" folder (double click), open the "common" folder, open the "00console" RPY file (make sure its the RPY not the RPYC) when the new window opens hit Ctrl-F in the blank where it says "Find What" type False. then click "Find Next" (or just hit enter) 3 times, usually the third time will be at "config.console = False" replace the word "False" with "True" (it must be capitalized) then close the window by clicking on the X in the top right corner. It will prompt you to save your changes. click "Save" You have now enabled the Console Commands and the "Shift-O" option will now work. Thats just to get you to the right place.

Here's the free part that I had to search very hard to find/learn. once in the Console Command menu screen, in any Ren'Py game, type "dir()" to get a listing of the directory. It won't just dump the Cheats out for you, but if you look closely you can use it to pick out some in games where no console commands are listed on F95Zone for example if you see something that says "sis_lust" then the odds are high that the cheat is something like "sis_lust = X(whatever # you want it to be) or if you have been trying "money = x" and nothing happens but then you see "player.money" in the directory try "player.money = X" or maybe instead of money you see "cash" or "gold" or even "Money" (capitalization makes a diffrence. also if you know that one of the comands is "mom_lust = X" but there are 2 sisters, the Directory might be your clue to wether it is by the sisters names or sometimes it may be "osis" or "oldersis" and "lsis" or 'lilsis"

And by the way, I am a "new" member, but everything I know I have learned by searching and reading. so when I said "use the search bar, I wasn't being an ass. I was pointing you to the single biggest asset you have on this forum!

mrbk

May 23, 2017
All right, so here’s my take on „My Sweet Neighbours“ (its actually more of an analysis with suggestions for story-development. If that’s too much for you stop reading now). To make typing faster I am using the following abbreviations for the main characters:

Male protagonist - Bob
Mother - Mom
Daughter - D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Ni
All right, so here’s my take on „My Sweet Neighbours“ (its actually more of an analysis with suggestions for story-development. If that’s too much for you stop reading now). To make typing faster I am using the following abbreviations for the main characters:

Male protagonist - Bob
Mother - Mom
Daughter - D

It is my favourite game of this segment due to the following reasons:
  1. Very relatable story-line. You can really relate with Bob, Mom and D. The storytelling might not be so creative, but in terms of „realism“ that is a good thing. I don’t want an abstruse storyline that I cannot relate to.
  2. Character profile / development: Pandelo has not created „victims for sexual corruption“ with very low self esteem (like in DmD), but independent characters with their own will and purpose.
  3. Facial expressions: The best I have ever seen in that genre. While playing I am concentrating on D and her facial expressions are just extraordinary. You can read every little emotional nuance from her face - her expressions alone are a big turn-on.
Nevertheless as the story is progressing there is a danger of creating inconsistencies - actions or decisions by our protagonists that do not fell right for their character. Also I am noticing that there are some loose ends. Thats why I’m sharing my humble opinion in the hopes that Pandelo might read it (no, I am not a Patreon …).

So let me start by doing a character description - otherwise my suggestions for story-development might not seem understandable.

Bob: Helpful, polite, calm, with great self-control and easily sexually aroused (thats why we love him!!!). Can relate easily with women but so far we have not seen him relate to other men (like a buddy for example). Cares for Mom, is sexually attracted to her, likes to fill the role of partner, takes most initiative when it comes to sex but respects her limits. His feeling toward D is much more exciting: He really cares for her in a Dad-like fashion but is also physically and emotionally extremely attracted to her. There is some kind of „conquering“ involved - overcoming her shyness and innocence and leading her into a realm of passion and lust. We’ve never seen his face, but he never seems to shave (which bugs me - even at the business meeting when he dresses up he is still unshaven. This seems out of character for me.) And by the way, he should also dress up a little when going to the office - D dresses up quite nicely, he shouldn’t walk around in his everyday clothes (of which he so far has only 1 set).

D: D is in the process of finding her identity as an adult. So much has changed physically and emotionally in the last couple of years and she is still coping with that change (e.g. not feeling so sure of her body and her effect on men). She is not an extrovert but behind an initial shyness there is a strong and healthy young woman, who is able to relate to strangers (first contact DAY 1 she smiles and has a good conversation) and courageous enough to explore that new realm of romance, lust and passion (with some help from Bob, Mom & Jessica). She feels an instant trust to Bob and is attracted to him, probably due to him being very sure about himself and her missing a male father / mentor. She is completely new to these feelings of romance, lust and passion and therefore understandably shy. She won’t be a victim of sexual corruption even though Bob is a bit pushy - as time goes by (and as she is more and more sure of herself and his affection) she starts to tease him sexually. She won’t be a sexual victim like DmD, where every little bit of skin has to be won over with by incredible efforts.

Mom: Longing for a life-partner and „rock to lean on“. Utterly in love and therefore doesn’t see the unfolding romance of Bob and D. Her relationship with D is of great significance: There is a lot of trust between Mom and D. She is not only her Mom, but also her friend. They are emotionally and physically close - they show their affection openly (cuddling, kissing) and mom wants her daughter to experience the same happiness which she experienced with her husband and now with Bob (therefore tells her to get a boyfriend). Mom wants Bob to be D’s new father figure - she immediately trusts him and therefore is very happy that he is taking so much interest in D and actively forming a good relationship with her. Mom is very liberal about showing her body, but not an extrovert like Jessica (her being concerned that someone might see D in her bikini in the clothes store on day 8 is a bit out of character). But she is open and excited about new sexual explorations like having sex in a public place.

Jessica: Quite extrovert, very comfortable with showing her body, always flirtatious and looking for fun rather than love. First description by D (Day 1) is that of a bitch, but later on she shows more loyalty to D. She is open to lesbian experiences and would probably like to play around with D and „conquer“ her. She feels physically attracted to Bob but senses D’s great interest in him. Whether her loyalty to D will dominate over her sexual interest in Bob is to be seen.

What conclusions do these character profiles allow us for future developments:
  1. Even though Bob feels sexually attracted to any woman with a decent figure, he really cares for Mom an D. I don’t see him as a sexual predator who will take advantage of any sexual situation - that would seriously undermine Mom’s & D’s trust. It would make a farce of the whole journey they have gone so far. He might be tempted to have a thing with Jessica but should ultimately back down (or suffer grave consequences). Jessica & D talk a lot and their friendship seems important to both, so I don’t see the possibility of a secret relationship of Jessica and Bob. The drama of Bob being attracted to both Mom and D has enough thrill and anxiety that I don’t need another side-drama.
  2. Likewise D’s secret sexual exploration won’t last that long (maybe for some more updates). Mom and D share so much in common and know each other so intimately that even Moms love blindness will sooner or later recede and either Mom will find out or more likely D will confess to her. I am looking forward to that Drama.
  3. Mom cares so much about D and wants her to find a boyfriend. She now knows about her interest in an older guy in his mid-30s and will likely encourage D to meet him + give her advice (first how to dress nicely, how to massage, …) - this would give us the possibility to see more of Moms & D’s natural intimacy. She might nevertheless ask Bob to spy on them to discern whether D’s boyfriend is a decent person which creates some great opportunity for dates between D and Bob. But as time goes by Mom might want to meet that boyfriend … and the Drama unfolds.
  4. D will get more and more curious about sex - she is still very naive about sex and doesn’t know much more than the basics. She will start exploring herself (what happened to the Dildo? It should have been used in Day 7 / 8 at the latest) and probably sneak up on Mom and Bob having sex. Mom might find out about it and after an initial shock agree to let her watch from a „first row seat“ without Bob noticing. When Bob finds out this could lead to a very awkward but exciting discussion.
  5. By the way, another loose end is Bobs morning problem - he will have to talk to D about it and give her a hands on demonstration …
  6. Bob will keep pushing Moms boundaries (Anal, more public sex - for example in a clothes store, in the car, at the beach …). At the same time, I’d like to see more of Bobs emotions - e.g. when he gives back the panties to D on Day 8, he should be blushing and stuttering while admitting that he intentionally dropped the fork, not just play it cool.
  7. It seems obvious to me that Bob will soon move in with Mom & D. This will give us the opportunity to pick up on a loose end of Day 1 - D’s suggestion to help Bob with buying furniture.
  8. At work, Druthers and Bob could have a confrontation in which either Bob takes over or better leaves and starts a new company, with D as his secretary (maybe even in his former apartment which could lead to nice sex breaks in bed). Maybe Margaret will join them but I don’t consider her a sexual partner for Bob (same argument as Jessica). By the way - Margaret still has to confront Bob about the Sex Tape. Having their own company could lead to interesting business trips, giving both a lot of opportunities for dates, events, etc. . Being Bobs business partner will give D the opportunity to improve her people skills, to use her natural attractiveness to convince possible customers to work with them … We could see a very self aware young woman using „physical weaponry“ to close a deal (not by selling her body but by flirting, etc.).
  9. I hope that D’s sexual exploration won’t be as slow as in DmD. Sex is not a steep hill climb, it is more like a roller coster ride - sometimes passion takes over and Bob and D might have sex after a strong initial arousal, but then feelings of guilt and confusion take over and then it resumes at a slower pace with more exploration, ….
  10. In the end, it all leads to Mom an D sharing Bob - a happy triangle relationship … how it continues from there ??? I don’t know if that kind of story can go on forever without losing much of its appeal. Maybe stop it at its peak and start a new story.

All right, this has been long enough. Good day to all.
Nice that you went through all that trouble, but could you do us a favour? When you're going to write a wall of text, could you put it behind a spoiler? When you click on the comment box, in the top menu bar, there's a '+' button. There you can add a spoiler and name it too! Thanks.

Reactions: Caranthir

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
Grammatical error........

After you blackmail your boss with the video.....
View attachment 76748
It may just be my last day here, but I will try to do my best.
I'm a bit late, but your correction is still wrong. A true grammatical correction would be to remove just as well. So it would read "It may be my last day here, but I will try to do my best." I know we are all guilty of using just from time to time, but just is almost always a fill-in word not to be used in a sentence. Think of it the same way as using like when not doing a simile.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I'm a bit late, but your correction is still wrong. A true grammatical correction would be to remove just as well. So it would read "It may be my last day here, but I will try to do my best." I know we are all guilty of using just from time to time, but just is almost always a fill-in word not to be used in a sentence. Think of it the same way as using like when not doing a simile.
Sometimes you want informal language, in which case words like that can do wonders.

QcBern

Jan 27, 2018
Very detailed analysis, mrbk ! I liked it !

And yes, Pandelo does read these posts

It's good to see another player that has insight and suggestions to provide that would help the developper make a better game !

I concur a great deal with a lot of what you've expressed. Too many for just this one post.

One of the things that I've been looking into, is the idea of gifts that could help facilitate some sort of rapprochement between the main characters.

The Mc has already demonstrated his generosity. The mother and daughter neighbors could reciprocate towards him, and the daughter could also do so for her mom (like you say, to show us more of their intimacy). It is true that their relationship could be depicted more.

Yes, the Mc could use new clothing.

As for how the Mc should reveal to the mother his relationship with her daughter, here is an excerpt from a post on Patreon that I made as a combined review of installments 0.0.6 and 0.0.7 :

''This installment (Note : 0.0.7) was clearly centered at getting around to the heart of the matter; we’re starting to really focus in on the very nature of the relationship between the player’s avatar (Main Character) and his mother-daughter sweet neighbors. As we were honing in on this, I felt rather uneasy about having my avatar asking the daughter to lie to her mom. It could’ve been one option, but I believe that it should’ve been a choice.''

After suggesting the polyamory route, I further commented :

''The trick is that certain things must be withheld from another character until the timing is right, lest you risk torpedoing that special relationship. At the same time, in doing so, in order to build that indispensable trust, no falsehood is allowed.

How does this translate, in the concrete? Well, for instance, as to how the MC and daughter would conduct themselves in front of the mother, they wouldn’t lie about, say, the both of them going to see a movie together. It would be factually true. The MC, or here, the daughter : ‘’Mom, I know that it’s not your type of film, but (the MC) and I are going to go see this movie tonight’’, and then go see it.

However, and this is where it gets interesting, one could logically anticipate that, eventually, the mother would catch on that something was amiss, and start to enquire about it. – In fact, it could be argued that the MC would be counting on it ! –

If we look at it closely, as stated earlier, the MC already has a wonderful rapport with the both of them : the mother seems to trust him very implicitly at this point; he’s practically almost a member of the family. There should be no need for lying, at least as far as the way of this suggested approach is concerned.

So, instead of asking the daughter to lie, you tell her how grateful you are that they’ve adopted you as part of their family, that you want to contribute to it’s happiness, well-being and making it more secure, and, like so, invite her to spend more time together, because, truth be known, you admit that you do have feelings of affection and closeness towards her.

Then see how she responds.

Perhaps using the aforementioned movie example, tell her that you will be factually upfront about them doing so (spending more time together), as per required, when events unfold, to the mother, but that ultimately feelings will have to be discussed at a more appropriate time. and that all awkwardness will be resolved then.''

Written on January 15th, '18

Depicting this triangle will be tricky. It will have to be done with a lot of tact.

QcBern

mrbk

May 23, 2017
Thanks for the reply, QcBern, seems we see things very similarly. The sexuality in the game has its appeal, but the tricky relationship between the characters, the rich emotional spectrum and sexual tension is what makes this game special. Looking forward to how it evolves.

Reactions: QcBern

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I would disagree with your statement that "just is almost always a fill-in word".

"Just" does have a purpose when used properly. It provides a time reference, as in "I just got here" verses, "I got here". In one sentence you know when a thing occurred, in the other, you only know that it occurred. Also it adds emphasis to a condition or relationship, such as in "I may be just your step-brother, but we're still family" as opposed to "I may be your step-brother, but we're still family." with out the word "just" the sentence JUST (this time it's irrelevant) doesn't make any sense. Of course the step-brother is a part of the family, hence the whole "step-brother" part. However the word "just" makes the sentence work because now the emphasis is on the implied weakness of the family relationship because it is through marriage only and not through blood. "Just" can be a very strong word when used correctly. However, your removal of it in that sentence would be correct as it did not make sense in the context. if the writer wanted to use just in that situation it would be better to write it as "If I'm just going to be here one more day, I'll make sure it's my best." or even "If today's going to be my last day here, I'll just make it my best". (although here it is again irrelevant, but at least makes sense in the context.)

Reactions: drowsy
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes