Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It might become a good thing in itself, but I suspect it'll be a fail as a continuation as most things are. It's just not the same when someone else takes over, because these people rarely have the same mindset as the original dev
Surely no trolls will come out to complain about everything... *looks around at other threads*
Um nevermind carry on

:p

Reactions: Abibliboop

satan1972

Apr 25, 2017
Just wish Pandelo would log into Discord long enough to lock it down, Become a spam fest of scammers trying to send people to spyware sites for the dream of Version 2 of the game.

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
He has 500+ patrons and the project hasn't been updated for 2 years. How can this be? What are they paying for?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
He has 500+ patrons and the project hasn't been updated for 2 years. How can this be? What are they paying for?
He has been pausing the charges every month. So they are not paying him anything. Still, it is surprising that he takes the time to pause each month instead of simply shutting down the page.

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
He has been pausing the charges every month. So they are not paying him anything. Still, it is surprising that he takes the time to pause each month instead of simply shutting down the page.

2 years does he suspend charges every month? Um ... For what? Hoping to come back someday? in another 5 years? Better just let it go. It's a pity, because this is one of the first projects that I saw when I started to be interested in VN and other things.

Reactions: compusavvy

buff

May 29, 2017
Wish other creators picking up abandoned projects was common

This one really deserved a continue
That's one reason I still support Vren's patreon even though he's a little lazy and Lab Rats 2 is shit compared to Lab Rats 1. He releases everything with the source code, so it's easy to mod and for others to pick up. If he got hit by a bus tomorrow, someone would pick up LR2 and finish it. Quality might be worse (or better?), but it'd get done.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
2 years does he suspend charges every month? Um ... For what? Hoping to come back someday?
Maybe? What does it matter? By pausing his Patreon, he's doing more than 99% percent of devs when they table a project. The Patrons that remain do so because it costs them nothing, and it sends the message that there's still considerable interest in the project. If the day comes when the account is no longer paused monthly, I'm sure you'll see support fall off a cliff.

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
Maybe? What does it matter? By pausing his Patreon, he's doing more than 99% percent of devs when they table a project. The Patrons that remain do so because it costs them nothing, and it sends the message that there's still considerable interest in the project. If the day comes when the account is no longer paused monthly, I'm sure you'll see support fall off a cliff.
I just wrote that 2 years is a very long time and if during this time he has not returned to development, then this is unlikely to happen at all.
I am against giving people empty hope.

If you think it makes sense to wait, good. Let's see what happens in another 2 years. Unless 2020 destroys us. :cautious:

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Hm, I just started this and I'm finding it a little strange that seemingly platonic choices are giving me romance points with the daughter, and even some scenes forced me to pick all choices before moving on (and the choices came with RPs) (I don't want to romance the daughter). Based on the description, I was under the assumption that I could choose who to romance. Is that not how it is?

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes