Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
No. It is just a banner to show the game, nothing more, nothing less. To get that such a thing implies a harem is ridiculous.

And you don't have to agree with me. But just because you want a harem, does not mean it is a good idea. The whole game is about how the MC starts dating the mother while also seducing the daughter. If everyone is ok with that, what conflict is there? No conflict, no story. You can put other things, but they would clearly be ad hoc.
Because dating MILFS and seducing young girls are so easy, that is why the net is full advice site and PUAs and self help...
There is no way to have some problems on this way, we need extra conflicts.

Reactions: Simulacrum29

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
No. It is just a banner to show the game, nothing more, nothing less. To get that such a thing implies a harem is ridiculous.
I never said that the banner implies a harem thematic. It just shows the mom openly "sharing" her daughter's graces with the viewer. Does this mean anything? Nobody knows, except for Pandelo of course. But this can easily be a clue, and I don't see anything ridiculous about it.
The whole game is about how the MC starts dating the mother while also seducing the daughter.
This is your personal assumption. The story didn't develop enough to get to that conclusion
If everyone is ok with that, what conflict is there? No conflict, no story. You can put other things, but they would clearly be ad hoc.
If the writer intends to introduce some new elements to the story, regardless of their nature, they obviously have to be introduced ad hoc. I don't see the point in this statement of yours.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I never said that the banner implies a harem thematic. It just shows the mom openly "sharing" her daughter's graces with the viewer. Does this mean anything? Nobody knows, except for Pandelo of course. But this can easily be a clue, and I don't see anything ridiculous about it.
You literally said that that "simple yet very significant image give enough clues" for harem and now you are saying you didn't said that the banner implies harem. Do you contradict yourself like this on a personal basis everyday or is this an exception?
This is your personal assumption. The story didn't develop enough to get to that conclusion
If the writer intends to introduce some new elements to the story, regardless of their nature, they obviously have to be introduced ad hoc. I don't see the point in this statement of yours.
We only have what was shown. For what we know, the aliens could attack in the next update and MC becames an avenger. I would totally welcome that, but did you find some "simple yet very powerful clues" to support that?

So yes, the story could have gone anywhere, but with have been shown so far, the story is simply about MC dating the mother while seducing the daughter. Any other thing would be ad hoc, not necessarily bad per se, but it would not be what this game is about so far.
The point is killing conflict. Making mother and daughter be ok with dating MC would kill the only current source of conflict. To keep the story interesting, you would need ad hoc conflict.

My Sweet Avenger Neighbors would have been a better name.

Reactions: ann87ra

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Because dating MILFS and seducing young girls are so easy, that is why the net is full advice site and PUAs and self help...
There is no way to have some problems on this way, we need extra conflicts.
Hahaha not what I meant, neither what I implied. Simply saying that resolving the conflict of MC dating both girls would kill the main conflict.
as an example, look at that monstruosity that is My New Family. Everyone is happy, love each other and enjoy MC fucking and being with everyone. That is not a story, is a a fan service, after happy ending story. Personally, that kind of thing, so boring and dull, makes me wanna vomit. But I guess that is personal preference. Still, not a story, but an after story. The same might happen to this one if you kill all conflict, which for now comes from MC trying to date both.

Reactions: ann87ra

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
You literally said that that "simple yet very significant image give enough clues" for harem and now you are saying you didn't said that the banner implies harem. Do you contradict yourself like this on a personal basis everyday or is this an exception?
Sorry, but you got it totally wrong, that image can communicate a multitude of things (could be a hint to harem or not, again nobody knows), what's certain I don't see a possibility of a conflictual relationship between M and D (read it as jealousy, or a simple competition to win the mc's love over the other). Just to be clear and avoid other pointless remarks, I'm just analyzing that image. The story doesn't give enough clues whatsoever.
So yes, the story could have gone anywhere, but with have been shown so far, the story is simply about MC dating the mother while seducing the daughter. Any other thing would be ad hoc, not necessarily bad per se, but it would not be what this game is about so far.
The point is killing conflict. Making mother and daughter be ok with dating MC would kill the only current source of conflict.
Yes it's the only source of conflict, given the current development of the story.
To keep the story interesting, you would need ad hoc conflict.
I can agree with that, as I already said.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Guys whatever the New dev does with the remake, how can anyone refute written words from the Original dev himself: Screenshot_20220526-132428_Firefox Beta.jpg
Let's put this argument about what the Original was going to be, because it's stated right here by the creator and it was going to be paths for both sides of this debate.

/end debate about direction of Original project

P.S. just my personal opinion but I don't get why people think there has to be conflict in a story to keep it anything, yes true for dramas but romance, comedies...ect...dont *require* conflict to be good (I agree it can always spice things up but disagree that's its required).

But we can all agree that we're stoked about what this could be.....

Last edited:

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Hahaha not what I meant, neither what I implied. Simply saying that resolving the conflict of MC dating both girls would kill the main conflict.
as an example, look at that monstruosity that is My New Family. Everyone is happy, love each other and enjoy MC fucking and being with everyone. That is not a story, is a a fan service, after happy ending story. Personally, that kind of thing, so boring and dull, makes me wanna vomit. But I guess that is personal preference. Still, not a story, but an after story. The same might happen to this one if you kill all conflict, which for now comes from MC trying to date both.
The whole "conflict" argument you are making is extremely odd. Conflict is usually written into the story no matter the goalpost.

Goalpost A: To have MC choose one over the other = conflict via breakups or whatever hardships
Goalpost B: Harem = conflict over convincing M/D into into an incestuous path. A good enough writer will put some resistance into the script I'm sure.

And, as the previous poster stated, it was the developer's intended path anyway so it's kind of a moot point.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The whole "conflict" argument you are making is extremely odd. Conflict is usually written into the story no matter the goalpost.
The keyword here is usually. I gave a counter example.

Goalpost B: Harem = conflict over convincing M/D into into an incestuous path. A good enough writer will put some resistance into the script I'm sure.
The first part is valid, but does not avoid the part that you are resolving the conflict. Which is valid if your plan is to end the story. The second part of your statement supports my claim.

Guys whatever the New dev does with the remake, how can anyone refute written words from the Original dev himself: View attachment 1838553
Let's put this argument about what the Original was going to be, because it's stated right here by the creator and it was going to be paths for both sides of this debate.

/end debate about direction of Original project

P.S. just my personal opinion but I don't get why people think there has to be conflict in a story to keep it anything, yes true for dramas but romance, comedies...ect...dont *require* conflict to be good (I agree it can always spice things up but disagree that's its required).

But we can all agree that we're stoked about what this could be.....
And, as the previous poster stated, it was the developer's intended path anyway so it's kind of a moot point.
I guess if that was the point the story was going... that is all there is to it. Not what I was expecting, but it is what it is. My bad.

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
The first part is valid, but does not avoid the part that you are resolving the conflict. Which is valid if your plan is to end the story. The second part of your statement supports my claim.
Dude I just don't get what you're saying. Your plan would be to NOT end the story? Eventually?

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Dude I just don't get what you're saying. Your plan would be to NOT end the story? Eventually?
No, that is not what I said. What I said was pretty clear. If you want to end the story, you can resolve the conflict of dating both mother and daughter with a harem. But that's it. No more conflict. The story is over. If that is the way to go, you can go with that. What is very bad, examples are a dozen by a dime, are those scenarios in which that conflict is resolved soon. Then, the story enters a point in which two things happen:

1) nothing happens, which is absolutely pointless
2) an ad hoc conflict is created to further continue the story.

Everytime people ask for a harem, they need to understand that many time the only conflict that story has is relationships. Harem kill all conflict. Leading to the end of the story. My sweet neighbors is like that.
It is way different if relationships are part of the story but not the main/sole conflict. Example I can think of the top of my head is To be a King. There is a harem from the beginning, but story does not revolve about that.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
I get the point of your post, MC wanting both is the main hook but that doesn't mean it has to be the Only 'hook' (if done well)

'ad hoc' as a enthuiastic reader (novels ect..) that phrase offends me (lol) where do we draw the line in which nothing can be added into the story because it wasnt mentioned in the beginning or in the overview?

i'll have to replay MSN to get re aquainted so im acurate in my posts. Here's a few harem scenarios that would keep the tension without injecting concepts that (obviously) aren't aligned in theme (mostly): MC gets D pregnant & M feels shes too young to have a child. Mc gets M pregnant & she wants to keep it but feels she's too old, D & MC have to convince her. Someone suspects they're in an incestous menage a trois, maybe attempts blackmail (not sure if there were any other characters in game so that 1 may be a no go)

I see what you mean by ad hoc because you can insert any drama point from a hundred other games to keep the story going, i personally dont think ad hoc is a bad thing when its done well, the issue is there arent any of these scenarios that we havent heard of 30 times before, and many are done so poorly we get burnt out by them.

By the time i got to this point, im not even sure why i was posting other than to share my feeling on the whole subject, lol

Last edited:

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hey everyone, I remember this being one of the first games I ever tried on this site and really enjoyed it, wanted to create some fan art for it but never knew where to start, and it was a huge shame that the project stopped. I have tried to recreate the mother but it has been so long since I played it and didn't check any of the art for references so this is all guess work lol. Hope you all like it. My first attempt at some fan art.
Mom test 001.png

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes