ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
Out of respect for Pandelo, I won't share information on what assets he uses for his game unless he tells me it's alright by him. You are of course welcome to figure it out on your own, though. As a consolation, here's a fan render I did in 10 minutes just now:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't bother with a lot of accuracy as to the hair's morphs, the nose, and the body's morphs (I didn't even try to match those at all and just used a body I sculpted last week for my own use). Also, the skirt is not the correct one, and the shoes aren't using the same shaders he used and are possibly not even the same shoes.
So… now that three years have passed, would you reconsider sharing those assets?

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Best comment ever.

Absolutely not! If anything, the game worked so well precisely because there was no sharing, keeping the conflict up.

Imagine the game was "of course my baby, you can fuck my boyfriend". Then, story is over as there is no drama. No conflict, no story!

In fact, the last update that was released happened to end precisely when the story was going to get more interesting.

So, sharing between mom and daughter would be a terrible approach to go.

Any story requires conflict.
PL did it juuust fine (if my memory wasn't akin to a goldfishes I'd be able to come up with near countless examples of other titles that managed to extend the thril without milking the being caught thing) there are infinite sources of drama in the *real world* now imagine if you don't even need to adhere to reality to come up with dramatic scenarios to advance the plot dynamic. In my personal opinion no one would be considered a good writer if they can't come up with anything more than the 'dont get caught' troupe >;D

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Currently working on a remake/remaster.
This game along with DmD is what got me into VNs and 3d art. I've been hesitant in starting my own projects for a while since none of them have been able to really interest me in the long term like these older games did.

I have decided to put my focus into remaking/remastering this classic with the intention of updating the visuals and dialogue while retaining the charm of the original.

Here is a preview of the neighbors, still a work in progress

View attachment 1822873
Nice. They both look quite close to the original, but not 100%.

The daughter's face looks a bit more 'mature' than the original, the facial structure being a bit different. The original had slightly more neoteny (larger & lower-set eyes, smaller chin). The hair looks great, like the original but maybe a bit longer. The mother is closer imo. Not sure, but the jaw of the original might be a bit weaker.

No idea if these changes were intentional tho.

Nov 27, 2021
Nice. They both look quite close to the original, but not 100%.

The daughter's face looks a bit more 'mature' than the original, the facial structure being a bit different. The original had slightly more neoteny (larger & lower-set eyes, smaller chin). The hair looks great, like the original but maybe a bit longer. The mother is closer imo. Not sure, but the jaw of the original might be a bit weaker.

No idea if these changes were intentional tho.
that's because I made them with genesis 8.1 and the original were genesis 3. I tried to make them more natural looking without going too photorealistic

Reactions: darlic

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
PL did it juuust fine (if my memory wasn't akin to a goldfishes I'd be able to come up with near countless examples of other titles that managed to extend the thril without milking the being caught thing) there are infinite sources of drama in the *real world* now imagine if you don't even need to adhere to reality to come up with dramatic scenarios to advance the plot dynamic. In my personal opinion no one would be considered a good writer if they can't come up with anything more than the 'dont get caught' troupe >;D
Exactly. It gives the game a lot more longevity, now its established both are into the MC. If I were doing the writing where the game lets off, I would want the MC to start scheming ways on how to get both of the girls into each other, since they may not stick around if he has to choose one over the other. M wouldn't want her D's heart broken and vice versa.

So the MC, simply out of the goodness of heart (sarcasm), wants both to be happy and therefor must where the heavy crown of managing a harem-ship. Now he begins the journey of A) making them bi-curious and then B) incest curious.

There is lots of ways to approach this and I never see a VN that goes in this super hot direction (from a lesbian incest corruption angle). The closest I've experienced was View of Family, where of course it ends/ abandoned abruptly before the pay off (THE NEXT PROJECT FOR OTTERBOT!)

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
that's because I made them with genesis 8.1 and the original were genesis 3. I tried to make them more natural looking without going too photorealistic
I see. Objectively speaking, they look amazing, and a lot better than the original models quality-wise, obviously. In my subjective opinion, though, there was something cute about the daughter's face proportions that might be partly missing from your new model. Anyway, great to hear you're working on this and good luck.

Reactions: ubblesnop

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
This is the first comment you've made where I doubted your commitment to the spirit of the original.

The daughter in particular was *stylized*. Not natural-looking, somewhere between natural and cartoonish, and it was adorable. Even if the *real-world* version of her may not have that cartoonish feel, it's a good expression of the MC's/player's emotion response to her: he/we see her as so adorable she seems unreal. That really worked, for me, and for many of us.

So, I'm glad you're undertaking this project, but I do hope you
1) make the mom's breasts big and impressive, and
2) keep some of the unreality of the daughter's cute looks.

Reactions: qaywsx and drowsy

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
The biggest reason for the success of this game and the long-lived love of it (and its sadly departed creator) is that it truly lived up to its name. It was the sweetest VN out there, with great care taken to try to make all the characters as believable and likable as you would ever find in an AVN.

I applaud your visual efforts in the previous render. If you truly were inspired by Pandelo's work, please strive to continue that special "sweetness" not really found in any other AVN out there.
I feel bad saying this but the only reason I picked up this game with the faint hope we'd get to see some lezcest at some point. Sweet is fine and all but I was it in for that sweet sweet mother daughter threesome.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I feel bad saying this but the only reason I picked up this game with the faint hope we'd get to see some lezcest at some point. Sweet is fine and all but I was it in for that sweet sweet mother daughter threesome.
Truth be told, i guess every fan might have a slightly or not so slightly view of how the story was going to progress or they hoped for from it, kind of unavoidable really. I for for one, if memory tricks me not, remember in one of the last versions a scene in a nightclub where the mom finally realizes from previous comments that her daughter is in love with the MC, so the elephant had just shown itself in the room, so to speak.

About what comes next with a homage/remake, wait and see, time will tell.

Reactions: buff

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
A remake is always going to run into the mental obstacles of people’s idiolised expectations and views about what the story was. If the original had continued story choices may very well have been made people less happy. Clearly there was already a route where daughter route was shut off. I always assumed i’d Be able to ditch the mother because there were lots of chances to minimize her points(but that was just my assumption & hope), equally while the harem didn’t appeal to me I never saw any flags that it wasn’t on the cards either.
It would be nice just to get a different dev’s version of how things might play out even if it isn’t going to be ever exactly what pandelo had planned.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
All I can hope is that whatever vision the dev who's taking over has for the remake it includes the route Pandelo always had envisioned: this project feels akin to titanic for me, im Jack clinging to my piece of wood that is a direct quote from the original Dev:

Screenshot_20220526-132428_Firefox Beta.jpg

This last bit seems like Pandelo had a vision that would satisfy everyone, CHEERS!

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
Currently working on a remake/remaster.
This game along with DmD is what got me into VNs and 3d art. I've been hesitant in starting my own projects for a while since none of them have been able to really interest me in the long term like these older games did.

I have decided to put my focus into remaking/remastering this classic with the intention of updating the visuals and dialogue while retaining the charm of the original.

Here is a preview of the neighbors, still a work in progress

View attachment 1822873
I have seen your other renders on devianart and I am not worried at all about the visuals, quite the contrary.

But from what I get this would be your first game and you are not a developer, also like others have said the most important of all: capturing the essence of the original game and even harder from what was released expand and continue the story.

That's a tall other and we all have seen many many promising games that go nowhere, turn into a mess or are abandoned.

But Im a hopeful and glad this game will get a second chance.

Cheers

buff

May 29, 2017
Yeah, same. Based on some comments Pandelo made the mom/daughter action was definitely in the cards, but as a capstone near the end (my guess is that it was probably the resolution of the love triangle the characters were starting to be aware of). That is definitely what kept me interested for so long. A good, slooooooowly burning lezcest arc is fantastic, and worth paying for.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, same. Based on some comments Pandelo made the mom/daughter action was definitely in the cards, but as a capstone near the end (my guess is that it was probably the resolution of the love triangle the characters were starting to be aware of). That is definitely what kept me interested for so long. A good, slooooooowly burning lezcest arc is fantastic, and worth paying for.
You might give A Family Venture a shot if you haven't already. The dev has confirmed that for sure is in the cards.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
So, sharing between mom and daughter would be a terrible approach to go.

Any story requires conflict.
Nah, my friend. I don't agree with this at all.
You can put whatever type of conflict even if you go down the harem path. And it doesn't need to be strictly between the mother and the daughter.

Also, there's another detail worth noting, and this is present right in the OP. Take a look at the game's banner
Doesn't this simple yet very significant image give enough clues on how the story should end up?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Nah, my friend. I don't agree with this at all.
You can put whatever type of conflict even if you go down the harem path. And it doesn't need to be strictly between the mother and the daughter.

Also, there's another detail worth noting, and this is present right in the OP. Take a look at the game's banner
Doesn't this simple yet very significant image give enough clues on how the story should end up?
No. It is just a banner to show the game, nothing more, nothing less. To get that such a thing implies a harem is ridiculous.

And you don't have to agree with me. But just because you want a harem, does not mean it is a good idea. The whole game is about how the MC starts dating the mother while also seducing the daughter. If everyone is ok with that, what conflict is there? No conflict, no story. You can put other things, but they would clearly be ad hoc.

• Angry
Reactions: elsanna_iduna
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes