Jun 30, 2020
with all due respect, there's Wings of Silicone if you want a remake
With all due respect, Wings of Silicon is a great example of being a parasite on Panelo's brand. Beyond having an older woman/younger woman combo living next door and the dev spreading a bunch of nonsense hyping his project here at launch, you would have to have a pretty severe concussion to think that those two projects have anything remotely to do with each other.

With respect to this project, I'm sure that there will be some who will not want to continue the journey if Pandelo isn't involved. As far as executing Pandelo's vision, I think it's safe to say that none of us know EXACTLY what that vision was and there's really no way to say if a continuation of the story done by somebody else will really match that unknown to us vision or not.

All we can really judge is whether the continuation of the project retains the look and feel of the original, and from the art sample posted here I think you can see that there's plenty of people willing to take the plunge into the reboot. I can't imagine a ton of complaining if it's skillfully done.

I think those of us who have been on this thread off and on for the last couple years would all have a basic agreement about the elements that gave MSN the appeal that it had, and I think the response here to the sample art shows a willingness to see someone pick up the torch and see if the good times can keep rolling.

If the developer can resist the temptation to overhype and then massively underdeliver on the vision, then I for one am happy to give the project a fair shot and have pledge money ready to commit if things look as good as the initial art suggests.

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
With all due respect, Wings of Silicon is a great example of being a parasite on Panelo's brand. Beyond having an older woman/younger woman combo living next door and the dev spreading a bunch of nonsense hyping his project here at launch, you would have to have a pretty severe concussion to think that those two projects have anything remotely to do with each other.
Well that is a bit of an exaggeration and silly imo. To some, WoS may be considered 'clone' of this work as the Dev even mentioned he was influenced by it and wanted to make his own interpretation of a similar premise with his own take on major/minor tweaks here and there. So are we to all accept because this game was made first, no one is ever allowed to make another mother/daughter - next door/neighbor game? If that was case, there would be a distinct lack in movies and books where similar premises and even tropes do not exist. It's perfectly acceptable to create something that may tangentially be similar to other previous works. It's not exactly impossible for others to even come up with a premise like this one and not have any knowledge this even existed.

If you want to judge something new by what came before...and how this current iteration is different, then that is completely fair and legitimate, but outside of copyrighted content, no intellectual property inherently 'belongs' to anyone.

Jun 30, 2020
Well that is a bit of an exaggeration and silly imo. To some, WoS may be considered 'clone' of this work as the Dev even mentioned he was influenced by it and wanted to make his own interpretation of a similar premise with his own take on major/minor tweaks here and there. So are we to all accept because this game was made first, no one is ever allowed to make another mother/daughter - next door/neighbor game? If that was case, there would be a distinct lack in movies and books where similar premises and even tropes do not exist. It's perfectly acceptable to create something that may tangentially be similar to other previous works. It's not exactly impossible for others to even come up with a premise like this one and not have any knowledge this even existed.

If you want to judge something new by what came before...and how this current iteration is different, then that is completely fair and legitimate, but outside of copyrighted content, no intellectual property inherently 'belongs' to anyone.
I'm not saying that Pandelo owns/owned the mother-daughter genre, and I know that the dev for WoS hyped his game pretty aggressively on this site as a direct homage.

What I am saying is that to compare WoS to MSN is like comparing chicken salad to chicken feces just because they are both chicken themed.

If you want to consider WoS a clone of MSN, I would argue that you have a rather broad concept of the meaning of the word clone.

Reactions: qaywsx

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
I'm not saying that Pandelo owns/owned the mother-daughter genre, and I know that the dev for WoS hyped his game pretty aggressively on this site as a direct homage.

What I am saying is that to compare WoS to MSN is like comparing chicken salad to chicken feces just because they are both chicken themed.
Seconding the WoS dev aggressively pushing his game on MSN fans. And it angered me, because they’re nothing alike. My Sweet Neighbors was about sweet, pretty women, and trying to get ‘em all, a gradual process of romance and seduction. I like hardcore stuff but one of my favorite moments from this game was when you take them on vacation and the mom spins for you, demonstrating how pretty she looks in her skirt.

In WoS, you’re pounced by a hideous horny cougar who craves your cock from the get-go. That *is not* equivalent.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
<---has never bothered with learning to use the multi-quote. If anyone's bothered to play through both titles you'd know they're only similar within their genre, both girls in MSN are sweet the difference being the daughter in MSN seems a bit niave whereas D in WoS feels a bit dense ie: asking if her & MC are exclusive after some 2nd base stuff and never even speaking about feelings or dating. Mom in MSN seems a bit sheltered or soft spoken whereas M (aunt technically, so it's not even in the same genre if we're being precise) in WoS is a manipulative man eating user (literally pulling mc's dick out of her b4 he can climax & denying his big O and claiming she doesnt want D to hear it when she was cool with any level of noise while she was getting hers)....what a bitchface!!!! Lmfao

I digress & my point is the ladies of MSN were sweet overall while one in WoS seems a bit dense & the other is a straight up user, same genre Totally different personalities & goals.

I see the pic now of MSN & it looks like they're blondes ...buuut I Swear I remember them as platinum blondes (so light blonde it was almost grey/silver but neither looked older for it) but maybe I'm getting some form of memory bias lol

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I see the pic now of MSN & it looks like they're blondes ...buuut I Swear I remember them as platinum blondes (so light blonde it was almost grey/silver but neither looked older for it) but maybe I'm getting some form of memory bias lol
Memory bias, screen resolution and setting could have been slightly different back then or a mix of both, not to mention there are different shades of color within any broad type and the tone in a certain scene stick more in one's mind than another.

Jun 30, 2020
Seconding the WoS dev aggressively pushing his game on MSN fans. And it angered me, because they’re nothing alike.
This is exactly the sentiment I was trying to get at when I used the word "parasitic". I suppose the best advice I could give to the kind soul who is resurrecting the project is to try and stay true to the spirit of the original and let the work speak for itself. Let other people make the claim about how well you've done your thing.

I might be presuming too much, but my take on the story was that it was always going to be about juggling mom and daughter and that any MFF scenes would involve one or the other along with side characters that had been introduced. The mother-daughter dynamic was always going to be tension between them as they both get more deeply involved with MC, but sex with both of them at the same time was not only off the table due to Patreon restrictions, but because that's not what was driving the plot.

The story was already introducing the dynamic of navigating around the mother's suspicions (at the point where the story leaves off, mom is realizing that daughter is crushing on MC) and likely the daughter's developing attitude towards her mother as a romantic rival whom she couldn't directly confront.

What MSN wasn't going to be based on the story development thus far was a mindless hump fest. My spider sense tells me that it is precisely for this reason that the game was so popular. The building tension in the relationships was making the story very interesting, and I have my fingers crossed we are going to finally get to the "navigating the stormy seas" part of the story.

Reactions: ubblesnop

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
This is exactly the sentiment I was trying to get at when I used the word "parasitic". I suppose the best advice I could give to the kind soul who is resurrecting the project is to try and stay true to the spirit of the original and let the work speak for itself. Let other people make the claim about how well you've done your thing.

I might be presuming too much, but my take on the story was that it was always going to be about juggling mom and daughter and that any MFF scenes would involve one or the other along with side characters that had been introduced. The mother-daughter dynamic was always going to be tension between them as they both get more deeply involved with MC, but sex with both of them at the same time was not only off the table due to Patreon restrictions, but because that's not what was driving the plot.

The story was already introducing the dynamic of navigating around the mother's suspicions (at the point where the story leaves off, mom is realizing that daughter is crushing on MC) and likely the daughter's developing attitude towards her mother as a romantic rival whom she couldn't directly confront.

What MSN wasn't going to be based on the story development thus far was a mindless hump fest. My spider sense tells me that it is precisely for this reason that the game was so popular. The building tension in the relationships was making the story very interesting, and I have my fingers crossed we are going to finally get to the "navigating the stormy seas" part of the story.
msn was always gona be harem game , let the dev tells you
1653190079738.png
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-sweet-neighbors-v0-12-pandelo.3304/post-537363
1653190196913.png
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-sweet-neighbors-v0-12-pandelo.3304/post-552542

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
What we will never get is the ending that was intended. As good as the intentions on the completion attempt is and as true to the story "so far" as it can be, we will never know what Pandelo intended.

We have some clues based on his responses to posts. He never saw this as a harem game. And he always seemed to feel that the mother and daughter were on equal footing as rivals for the MC, each with their own allure.

My thought was that he was going to have a final clear choice, mother or daughter, with a split finish for each path. Considering the emotional investment he put into each character, those endings would have been intense.

Regardless, someone's goodwill attempt to revive/finish this game gives potential hope for this long-lost treasure.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
  • Angry
Reactions: darlic

pippippero

May 9, 2020
Currently working on a remake/remaster.
This game along with DmD is what got me into VNs and 3d art. I've been hesitant in starting my own projects for a while since none of them have been able to really interest me in the long term like these older games did.

I have decided to put my focus into remaking/remastering this classic with the intention of updating the visuals and dialogue while retaining the charm of the original.

Here is a preview of the neighbors, still a work in progress

View attachment 1822873
Please, try to not vanish from the world or suddenly pass away as everyone else did before you as they tried to reboot this game. This game is cursed, please take care of yourself.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Please, try to not vanish from the world or suddenly pass away as everyone else did before you as they tried to reboot this game. This game is cursed, please take care of yourself.
Best comment ever.
I mean...logically the best way to make them happy is to share the love, rather than break them apart. Harem is the best morale choice in this situation (a hint of sarcasm)
Absolutely not! If anything, the game worked so well precisely because there was no sharing, keeping the conflict up.

Imagine the game was "of course my baby, you can fuck my boyfriend". Then, story is over as there is no drama. No conflict, no story!

In fact, the last update that was released happened to end precisely when the story was going to get more interesting.

So, sharing between mom and daughter would be a terrible approach to go.

Any story requires conflict.

Reactions: Orangepocalypse

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
Likely by the end of next month. Pandelo organized his project files by release so I'm able to follow his original updates and release around those.
hey man if the remake version release at next month it will available in this page or new page?

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes