Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Problem these days is everyone wants to create games. People heard that some people make thousands from creating adult games and now everyone wants to get rich and fast. But their knowledge about rendering and scripting is poor, and they are disappointed when after several versions they don't have the support they expected to have. So they abandon their games and people who supported them gets disappointed and after that people carefully pick devs which they will support.
Yeah, pretty much. You can't overuse any theme in games and expect it to remain highly profitable. Quality is being drastically lower, number of similiar projects is too high so even if some are developed in a steady way they won't gain same fans of other game as number of fans is always limited. If you look at Patreon stats you will see that games like DoD gained like 3k and more in their very first month. It's impossible in my opinion to reach even half of their level with such a similiar theme now. Even after years of development. Ony real adult gaming market (Japanese) doesn't have one as strongly dominant fetish (strongest is probably rape) and it can be assumed that our market won't be different in a future. For me that's only positive for players and devs. More options and higher overall quality. For people who don't like it that's great

Reactions: Ragnar

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
DmD and BB started the incest popularity, both have been making bank for some time, before that there weren't that much. Now the market is full of clones with few variations between them, so if your clone isn't good enough it won't last. Also now everyone and their mom are making wegs on Patreon, more devs = less money.
Personally Incest doesn't appeal to me, I follow some of the most popular like DmD, but I would pick a game like My Sweet Neighbours over that kind of games everytime.

Reactions: Soyer and Ignazzio

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
what if I tell you that this is the prequel to " My sweet Daughter Calls her Sister Aunt And I Keep it in the Family "?
Sadly while it may be the greatest game ever I wont be able to find the time to play it. The new title takes to long to read and on it's own is 25gig. :) I wouldn't have any time or memory left for the actual game. ;)

May 19, 2017
Fucking hell would love to know how to create a game. I would milk you guys after v0.6 or v0.7 when you become addicted to my game ;) imagine chilling at home rendering and inventing a story, and every month money keeps dropping at my account ahhhh.... must stop dreaming :closedtongue: have to do the third shift tonight.
Well, don't say nothin' about shifts, dog... :D I'm really happy i aint with the force anymore x'D

Reactions: GrandJury

bronze189

Oct 2, 2017
They surely are. But they're not earning so much anymore. I watch most devs on Patreon and initial support for them is pretty low now. Market now consists of 4 biggest devs, a couple of medium size devs (7-11k) and small fishes. Games with higher quality than most biggest devs like barely reach 1k at this point. Market is simply overloaded and will evolve in some way I presume. But My Sweet Neighbours is out of this problem:p
In fairness, I'm pretty sure "Family Secret" has JUST started, so it'd be unrealistic to expect them to have the same level of support as, say, Dreams of Desire.

Reactions: GrandJury
U

User_215882

Yup family secret just started, but its doing pretty well. Give it about 6 months or so and I'm sure it will be within 3 to 6 thousand dollar range. I'm willing to pump up my pledge to that dev since he has been pretty damn good at giving updates on his game.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Quit pledging to the same stuff I pledge too how we gonna run the entire patreon linking game when we are pledged to the same stuff! :p

Reactions: Londo_Mollari
U

User_215882

You and I must be kindred spirits sir. I'll have you know that you have fine taste my good man.

Reactions: xןʞ

Deleted member 216027

Sep 24, 2017
In fairness, I'm pretty sure "Family Secret" has JUST started, so it'd be unrealistic to expect them to have the same level of support as, say, Dreams of Desire.
Yup family secret just started, but its doing pretty well. Give it about 6 months or so and I'm sure it will be within 3 to 6 thousand dollar range. I'm willing to pump up my pledge to that dev since he has been pretty damn good at giving updates on his game.
Family Secret is a very ambitious project. Aorrta wants to do something totally different than visual novels that we have now as DoD and MSN for example. Firstly the game already has a totally professional look, and dev intends to change the game to Unreal Engine, because he wants to make people able to walk with the MC through the scenarios, so if he managed to keep the game with a good quality and make a good story, that game will definitely make a lot of money, I bet on 20k or more

TheGoldenRim

May 24, 2017
Family Secret is a very ambitious project. Aorrta wants to do something totally different than visual novels that we have now as DoD and MSN for example. Firstly the game already has a totally professional look, and dev intends to change the game to Unreal Engine, because he wants to make people able to walk with the MC through the scenarios, so if he managed to keep the game with a good quality and make a good story, that game will definitely make a lot of money, I bet on 20k or more
First time I heard of it. I've just finished checking the game's thread, and so far, sounds promising. I'm gonna download it anyway, but first i'd like to ask those of you who've tried it to tell me your experiences.

Btw, does Sherry (featured in the Patreon page) appear in the game :FeelsGoodMan:?

U

User_215882

why are we talking about another game in this thread? :WutFace::test2:

i have a strong hope v0.0.7 comes out tomorrow or Saturday!
Easy. Because the hype train is getting so hot we need to distract ourselves. I mean all the preview and game discussions (while on point) is just adding fuel to the fire. I too hope for a weekend release.

Reactions: Downhilldown

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Ofc, and that's what I'm talking about. DoD had 3k in its first month. And 0.01 of DoD was just much worse than that. Not to say about DMD. It's rather unlikely that with this dynamic he can achieve even half of DoD success even within year. If it was released year ago he would have already 3k and more while now it will be success if he'll achieve that at all. In my opinion change in market is pretty obvious

Reactions: Ragnar

TheGoldenRim

May 24, 2017
why are we talking about another game in this thread? :WutFace::test2:

i have a strong hope v0.0.7 comes out tomorrow or Saturday!
It's actually not bad at all. It's just like talking about football or tennis with one of your co-workers. Does it have anything to do with work? No, but it helps you to space out a bit. Also, it makes the community stronger. For instance I wouldn't be downloading The Family Secret if it wasn't because of these guys earlier.

But yeah, I want the release to be this week too xD.

Reactions: Downhilldown

Deleted member 216027

Sep 24, 2017
First time I heard of it. I've just finished checking the game's thread, and so far, sounds promising. I'm gonna download it anyway, but first i'd like to ask those of you who've tried it to tell me your experiences.

Btw, does Sherry (featured in the Patreon page) appear in the game :FeelsGoodMan:?
For now she just appears on the MC's cell phone, depending on your choices, she sends nudes to you in different positions though

Reactions: TheGoldenRim
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes