DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I come off as harsh on DMD, but that's because I feel like it has a ton of potential that is wasted because the writer seemingly doesn't understand women well enough to write believable characters. More than that, the "be a gentleman" trope kinda bugs me, because, outside of My Sweet Neighbors, every time I've "been a gentleman" in a game it just meant "keep trying to be creepier and creepier while she gets more and more used to it". MSN is the first game where I've felt like the options were leading to a mature and well developed relationship.

I'd even argue that the habit of making the MC a sex date rapist is one of the many reasons I feel like there needs to be more quality games, why I'm writing one. The content will still include themes of incest, light corruption, harem options, etc, but the characters will be well written. You'll care about what happens to them and why. You will have an emotional investment in your decisions so that when you're deciding to peek or not to peek it isn't about getting to the sex, its about developing the relationship in the way you want.

I have dual MCs the respective love interests of the main story line. Throughout the first bit of the game you'll have a few options and depending on what points you accrue or don't accrue the story will evolve. If with the female character you do the bold thing twice, there's a masturbation fantasy scene in which she touches herself while imagining its being done by the male MC. If you don't take every bold choice leading to that she goes to bed frustrated. When she wakes up in the morning we learn so much more about her character if she didn't masturbate than if she did. That doesn't make the decision to masturbate wrong, it just means that as the story goes on each branch will have its own rewards. Following the most sexual branch may lead to a less sexual ending, following the least sexual branch may lead to the MCs simply seeing other people, of which there are a few.

I think these games have far greater potential for greatness and emotional investment than most of the popular titles do. I like Dreams of Desire and Dating my Daughter, but I think both could be better in many ways. In a way its the difference, to me, between the drug store pulp erotica, and the award winning drama. Sometimes a little pulp erotica is fine, but you'll always get more from the award winning drama.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Careful there, I see where you're coming from and to be honest most of it seems pretty fine with me, but I often feel that games with too many branches are overall too complicated and we all know that you can't be everybodies darling, so I'd say for most of the time it's better to cater to one group or the other, otherwise you get a lot of frustrated players. You could say that they're mostly just pirates, but still. If I had to opportunity to just buy a game for a certain price (Man of the House or Daughter for Dessert) I'd do it just to help the dev and the only reason I don't do that is because I hate the patreon model. I don't like paying monthly for something that I have to wait a year for or someting similar plus it gets way to expensive, even if it's a good game it's not worth $100+.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
To me the mom isn't nor will she ever be the key and that the daughter is and always will be the key. If I play it again I'll probably start again and drive the moms stats into the ground.

Reactions: titit

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
To me the mom isn't nor will she ever be the key and that the daughter is and always will be the key. If I play it again I'll probably start again and drive the moms stats into the ground.
Mom hasn't spent as much time with you, therefore there hasn't been an opportunity to develop her as as well as the daughter. I'm actually liking her more than I thought I would. That said, I too have thought about going back and driving her stats down...

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Careful there, I see where you're coming from and to be honest most of it seems pretty fine with me, but I often feel that games with too many branches are overall too complicated and we all know that you can't be everybodies darling, so I'd say for most of the time it's better to cater to one group or the other, otherwise you get a lot of frustrated players. You could say that they're mostly just pirates, but still. If I had to opportunity to just buy a game for a certain price (Man of the House or Daughter for Dessert) I'd do it just to help the dev and the only reason I don't do that is because I hate the patreon model. I don't like paying monthly for something that I have to wait a year for or someting similar plus it gets way to expensive, even if it's a good game it's not worth $100+.
I kinda understand your frustration, that said, you could devote 3 dollars a month to it, have a finished project in a year, and only have spent 36 bucks. I don't plan on tiered content or anything myself. As to the branching content, its a bit simpler than that may have made it sound. For instance, based on whether or not the MCs masturbate that night, each in their own scene with their own fantasy, there are 3 or 4 possible outcomes. Those outcomes will determine how things progress in your story but they won't actually deviate from the relatively linear main storyline. Regardless of what happens they both go to sleep that night and wake up the next morning to continue the story in the same direction. The choices will branch a lot more in the future, when you have the choice to meet with this or that character, but even then, after that branch you'll come back to the main line.

I have 2 MCs, their mother or foster mother, depending on your choices, their aunt or foster mom's childhood friend, and 4 characters 2 male and 2 female, who will serve as the extra relationship choices. Those last 4 characters are mostly there for the MCs to explore their sexuality. They'll be the ones who open Harem endings and Exhibitionism and the like. You won't have to follow them, nothing will force it whatsoever. They'll exist in the game in much the same way that Elena Jennifer and the secretary exist in DMD. I do plan on using them for some cheap sex scenes that allow me to further my MC relationships without moving too fast, but that is again no different from DMD, where Elena and Jennifer serve to sate your lust as you wait for the romance to develop. Despite having branching paths, the story will remain mostly contained.

If it helps, think Bioware. No matter what you're going to that final boss. Its your choices along the way which decide how that finale plays out.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

I wouldn't mind if I never spent any time with the mother ever except to say hi bye and give permission for only the daughter to come with on the business trip.

Reactions: DarthSeduction
U

User_10739

Wow, played it again and now probably my #2 game!
(I swear both M&D's lips make me crazy...)

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Hugh_Jassol

Dec 21, 2017
Not bad. Character faces look... odd a little, like no skin tone variation. Almost plastic doll-like. Renders are decent, and although a daughter is involved it's not the MC's :D Not a complete tease so far either.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
Magnificent work with 0.0.7 @Pandelo

It's always a feel good moment to open your game and see such high quality work with facial expressions, normal dialogues and those incredibly hot women. :)

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Thinking about the last few updates I have to agree that they feel a bit short. HOWEVER, with the quality in STORY, Renders and gameplay I don't mind. I like that it is taking some time to build up the 'D' story and feels a bit more believable. Personally I would have liked to see it take another week of game before the 'Vacation' so there would be more development with 'M', and some time with 'D's friends.

The current state of the game has a nice balance, yes I'd like a little more build up. Looking forward to what happens next so let's start a Patreon to fund chaining @Pandelo to the computer, with a whip wielding 'D' to ENCOURAGE more development time. :)

Just a thought.

Downhilldown

Dec 6, 2017
after last update, this game is in my top 5 games, with great quality. Some of facial expressions really hit the sweet spot, and makes story so immersive. is it short? well yes, it is, but i didn't have high expectations about it since its 0.0.7..i only hope Dev doesn't screw up with story line. Should you try the game? Absolutely yes....waiting for next update...:FeelsGoodMan:

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes