Which thread should be updated next? (You can vote for two choices.)

• Innocent Angel: Vanilla

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Innocent Angel: Rocky Road

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Curious Student: Vanilla

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Curious Student: Rocky Road

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • Gifted Tease: Vanilla

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Gifted Tease: Rocky Road

Votes: 65 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sereni

Nov 16, 2019
Hi! It's completely written and I know I have the DAZ assets required to finish the thing, so that's huge. Graphics-wise, there's only about 10-20 more renders to go. If my IRL work allows, I hope to finish those up by the weekend. Then I'll spend a day or so playing through, tweaking point values, fixing grammar and spelling, patching spots in GIMP, etc.

I might try and put in some sound effects myself as it seems KoGa3 has moved on to other things :cry: (but no hard feelings, KoGa3! I really appreciate what you've been able to contribute so far.:giggle:) Or I might just do a half-assed effort on the sound--like BGM only or something. (What do you guys think about sound effects, anyway? Generally it distracts my playing experience, but I might be in the minority of people who have that opinion.)

Work and real-life shit can flare up any moment, so I can't guarantee anything, but if I had to guess, I'd say roughly one more week. Every moment of free time I get gets put into this. I'm so excited to have it done!
I play without sound.

pietervf

Apr 29, 2018
i generally mute the sound and just have tv on or some other thing so sound is nice but playing would be even better my friend! PS love the game so far!:)

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hi! It's completely written and I know I have the DAZ assets required to finish the thing, so that's huge. Graphics-wise, there's only about 10-20 more renders to go. If my IRL work allows, I hope to finish those up by the weekend. Then I'll spend a day or so playing through, tweaking point values, fixing grammar and spelling, patching spots in GIMP, etc.

I might try and put in some sound effects myself as it seems KoGa3 has moved on to other things :cry: (but no hard feelings, KoGa3! I really appreciate what you've been able to contribute so far.:giggle:) Or I might just do a half-assed effort on the sound--like BGM only or something. (What do you guys think about sound effects, anyway? Generally it distracts my playing experience, but I might be in the minority of people who have that opinion.)

Work and real-life shit can flare up any moment, so I can't guarantee anything, but if I had to guess, I'd say roughly one more week. Every moment of free time I get gets put into this. I'm so excited to have it done!
Sorry, I completely missed this one. Well, really thanks for your praise, but sometimes I feel like you're talking about someone else entirely - I'm not that skilled as some may think now because of your comments.

Does a game need music and/or sound effects? From me there is a very clear: I don't know.

Of course, if it fits and is integrated well, it surely can enhance a game. On the other hand, especially with music, many players have different tastes, and therefore (as you can see from the comments here) many find it rather distracting or play their own tracks in the background.

So: if you want to integrate audio, then because you yourself consider it important. I don't think it's a good idea to only include it because it maybe is a common feature and other games have this, too. As a player you notice very quickly that it was just an extra task for the dev, not because he/she really wanted that.

Maybe this will help you, too: If you can already imagine the appropriate music for certain scenes in your game development - then do it. Otherwise rather not. And it's also maybe better for you to integrate only a few titels at certain game moments (I know I usually overdo it a bit with my music tracks - but that's simply my style). Also I would actually leave out audio effects in your case, you already said yourself that they rather distract you.

Last edited:

muizdps

Feb 26, 2021

SUKEBE SENSEI, I AM HERE EXACTLY IN 1 WEEK'S TIME (Because you said roughly 1 week). So excited! Hahaha. Just posting for the sake of it! No pressure or anything of-course, take all the time needed, all good!

Last edited:

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Well, the images are FINALLY done. :geek: That just about killed me... and multiple computers too. I thought I only needed 10-20 more renders... turns out I needed about 40-50. That's kind of the way it goes for me: I write the script, put spaces where the images should go, and then, while I make the images, I find instances where one or two more images would really help contribute to the dialogue, or places where a new patch of dialogue would really help explain stuff, which of course requires more images. Overall, this update will have roughly 600 images (out of 1,700 total images in the game so far).

The plan for today is to tweak a few things in the RenPy code, and then play through the game, checking the dialogue for grammar and spelling errors. I compiled the dialogue and put it in a word processor to make it easier to spot spelling errors... turns out this update is around 150 pages! The total game is about 300 pages long.

When I'm done with all that, I'm going to build the distributions, upload them, then update this thread. Hopefully I can do all that by the end of today because I have a full day of work tomorrow. If not, I'll wedge it into my weekend plans.

In the meantime, I think it's safe to post this:

Under Const3.png

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Well, the images are FINALLY done. :geek: That just about killed me... and multiple computers too. I thought I only needed 10-20 more renders... turns out I needed about 40-50. That's kind of the way it goes for me: I write the script, put spaces where the images should go, and then, while I make the images, I find instances where one or two more images would really help contribute to the dialogue, or places where a new patch of dialogue would really help explain stuff, which of course requires more images. Overall, this update will have roughly 600 images (out of 1,700 total images in the game so far).

The plan for today is to tweak a few things in the RenPy code, and then play through the game, checking the dialogue for grammar and spelling errors. I compiled the dialogue and put it in a word processor to make it easier to spot spelling errors... turns out this update is around 150 pages! The total game is about 300 pages long.

When I'm done with all that, I'm going to build the distributions, upload them, then update this thread. Hopefully I can do all that by the end of today because I have a full day of work tomorrow. If not, I'll wedge it into my weekend plans.

In the meantime, I think it's safe to post this:

View attachment 1180413

She’s going to get fucked by Bounty Bob before the MC, isn’t she?

1620253416055.png

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Have I got the perfect Mother's Day gift for you! :love:

So, it's done. It nearly killed me, but it's done, compiled, and uploading now. I'll update this thread as soon as it's finished. A few quick notes:
  • I'm worried that, in many quarters, there's way too much anticipation for this. Some of you have been waiting excitedly for months. I really hope it lives up to everyone's expectations, but I'm a little doubtful it will...
  • It probably needs more play-testing. I'm really nervous there will be bugs. If you get a bug, please notify me here on the thread, and I'll try to fix it ASAP. Even though I'm about 4 months late on this, I still feel like I rushed to get it out... sorry!
  • I've decided not to mess with the audio for now. If KoGa3 (or anyone else) wants to build an audio mod, feel free! Also, what KoGa3 has done so far has been fantastic, so this update comes with KoGa3's earlier mod already pre-installed (hope that's cool, KoGa3! If not, let me know and I'll extricate your mod from the game ASAP).
  • I've learned a lot about Ren'Py, but I still really suck at it. There will likely be portions of the game where you will need to skip through stuff that you've already seen. I wanted to streamline it, but I'm too stupid to figure out how. If any modders out there want to take a stab, I'd love to see what you come up with.
  • A number of you have been asking to support the project somehow, but I've been loathe to get on Patreon or anything like that. There's a number of reasons for this, but I finally decided to relent somewhat. If you really love the game and want to express gratitude in the form of a tip, sure, I'll take some crypto. Give as much or as little as you want. If you're having a hard time financially, wait until you're doing better before you consider tipping. Also, don't think of tipping as a form of guaranteeing or guiding future content, however. Instead, think of it as a way of saying, "hey I enjoyed playing it so far! Keep it up." More details (and wallet addresses) at this hastily-constructed site:
  • I worked pretty hard on medical and pharmaceutical accuracy for this installment. If you're a member of the medical profession, please let me know if there's anything in here somewhat inaccurate or implausible.
  • There are a few vague NTR overtones in this installment. If that kind of thing bothers you, you might want to play the game with your hand in front of your eyes.
  • And that's about it! If you like the game, consider writing a review. And if you don't like the game, still consider writing a review. I love all feedback--positive, negative, thoughtful, even thoughtless.
That's it! Sorry I'm so slow... I'm more frustrated than any of you, I assure you. Most of all, thanks to everyone for playing and encouraging me to continue the project. It's a labor of love. :)

(PS: I don't really recommend you give this game to your mom... unless she's kinky.)

Edit: I'm not sure why, but the WorkUpload PC didn't upload. I'm trying it again and I'll post the link when it's done. In the meantime, the other five links should work.

Last edited:

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017

So, it's done. It nearly killed me, but it's done, compiled, and uploading now. I'll update this thread as soon as it's finished. A few quick notes:
  • I'm worried that, in many quarters, there's way too much anticipation for this. Some of you have been waiting excitedly for months. I really hope it lives up to everyone's expectations, but I'm a little doubtful it will...
  • It probably needs more play-testing. I'm really nervous there will be bugs. If you get a bug, please notify me here on the thread, and I'll try to fix it ASAP. Even though I'm about 4 months late on this, I still feel like I rushed to get it out... sorry!
  • I've decided not to mess with the audio for now. If KoGa3 (or anyone else) wants to build an audio mod, feel free! Also, what KoGa3 has done so far has been fantastic, so this update comes with KoGa3's earlier mod already pre-installed (hope that's cool, KoGa3! If not, let me know and I'll extricate your mod from the game ASAP).
  • I've learned a lot about Ren'Py, but I still really suck at it. There will likely be portions of the game where you will need to skip through stuff that you've already seen. I wanted to streamline it, but I'm too stupid to figure out how. If any modders out there want to take a stab, I'd love to see what you come up with.
  • A number of you have been asking to support the project somehow, but I've been loathe to get on Patreon or anything like that. There's a number of reasons for this, but I finally decided to relent somewhat. If you really love the game and want to express gratitude in the form of a tip, sure, I'll take some crypto. Give as much or as little as you want. If you're having a hard time financially, wait until you're doing better before you consider tipping. Don't think of tipping as a form of guaranteeing or guiding future content, however. Instead, think of it as a way of saying, "hey I enjoyed playing it so far! Keep it up." More details (and wallet addresses) at this hastily-constructed site:
  • I worked pretty hard on medical and pharmaceutical accuracy for this installment. If you're a member of the medical profession, please let me know if there's anything in here somewhat inaccurate or implausible.
  • There are a few vague NTR overtones in this installment. If that kind of thing bothers you, you might want to play the game with your hand in front of your eyes.
  • And that's about it! If you like the game, consider writing a review. And if you don't like the game, still consider writing a review. I love all feedback--positive, negative, thoughtful, even thoughtless.
That's it! Sorry I'm so slow... I'm more frustrated than any of you, I assure you. Most of all, thanks to everyone for playing and encouraging me to continue the project. It's a labor of love. :)

(PS: I don't really recommend you give this game to your mom... unless she's kinky.)
good work also smart move avoiding patreon it has some issues with paying out they actually take a cut of what you make and have started taking an even more active role in content people can give out on it I would suggest subscribestar though

Reactions: Sukebe_S

muizdps

Feb 26, 2021

• A number of you have been asking to support the project somehow, but I've been loathe to get on Patreon or anything like that. There's a number of reasons for this, but I finally decided to relent somewhat. If you really love the game and want to express gratitude in the form of a tip, sure, I'll take some crypto. Give as much or as little as you want. If you're having a hard time financially, wait until you're doing better before you consider tipping. Also, don't think of tipping as a form of guaranteeing or guiding future content, however. Instead, think of it as a way of saying, "hey I enjoyed playing it so far! Keep it up." More details (and wallet addresses) at this hastily-constructed site:

Edit: I'm not sure why, but the WorkUpload PC didn't upload. I'm trying it again and I'll post the link when it's done. In the meantime, the other five links should work.
I LOVED THE UPDATE! IT WAS GREAT! Just wish there was more content! But I understand that it's a controlled process, Haha! Next time, whenever that is easy for you of-course, would love for you to continue your Curious Student story lines, both routes in there, because that has an excellent background as well and some great NTR content that I've come to like in this game! Great job!

Reactions: Sukebe_S
4.10 star(s) 18 Votes