Which thread should be updated next? (You can vote for two choices.)

• Innocent Angel: Vanilla

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Innocent Angel: Rocky Road

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Curious Student: Vanilla

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Curious Student: Rocky Road

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • Gifted Tease: Vanilla

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Gifted Tease: Rocky Road

Votes: 65 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Hey Guys!

I have some bad news, a few bits of good news about this bad news, then some bad news you're not going to like, and then some good news I'm excited about. Which would you like to hear first?

I'll start with the most relevant: On a recent visit back to my home, I discovered that my external hard drive is busted. I'm not sure what's wrong or how to fix it. It just whirs and whirs, clicks despondently, and then nothing. My computer won't even recognize that it's plugged in. Anyway, the good news about this bad news is that I didn't store any of the next, long-awaited MVB update on that. The RenPy script is saved elsewhere on multiple clouds. The other good news is that I hadn't done very much rendering because I've been so busy with work. So it's not like hours and hours are down the drain.

The bad news is that I did store most of my DAZ assets on that drive, along with my character subset saves. In other words, before I can continue, I'm going to need to re-download most of my assets, and then reconfigure/recreate all the character subsets. This will be laborious.

So that really sucks and has me feeling pessimistic about the future of MVB.

In the end, I'm not comfortable abandoning this project. While I have no renders, the script for the next installment is ready, and I hate the notion that I'd have to flush all that (it's good stuff!). Plus I understand that lots of people are eagerly anticipating the story to continue, and I hate letting people down. My plan is that whenever RL work slows down (it's gotta slow down someday, right?), I'm going to buy a serious, no-nonsense rendering PC with the fanciest GPU I can afford. That should free me up to do the shitloads of renders I have planned in (hopefully) short order. But when will that be? I have no idea.

What I'd like is to put an "on hold" tag on this thread. I've seen other threads with the "on hold" tag, but I can't figure out how to put the tag on this thread. I tried contacting F95Zone mgmt, but I didn't get a reply. That said, I think I formally consider this project on hold, and so should anyone else who doesn't already consider it that way.

I understand that this is a really big disappointment to many of you, and I'm truly sorry about that. (Going "on hold" was the bad news you were probably not going to like.)

If you're a fan of my work, however, I might have some good news: recently, I've started working with Mobum as an "unpaid intern" of sorts on his current project, Runaway Princess.

If you're not familiar with Mobum, he's the creative mastermind behind Annie's School Days. I was a big fan of ASD (which is on hold), and I'm a huge fan of RP. It's perhaps the best game I've found on this forum. Mobum is superb DAZ artist, a very innovative and skilled RenPy programmer, and an immersive and excellent storyteller. I'm OK at some of those things, but there's much I have to learn about all of them. So, I'm excited for the opportunity to learn while helping develop RP where I can. Currently, I'm helping by writing some dialogue and spitballing ideas, which are low-tech things I can do during off-time on work travels and whatnot. You might be able to detect flavors and scents of my writing when RP's next update is released.

If you enjoy my writing, you'll enjoy this game. And if you're itching to donate to a project (as many of you said you were), Mobum's is on . I highly recommend you patreonize him.

Anyway, sorry for the bad news, and thanks for reading all the way to the end of this. Also, thanks for playing MVB and being so encouraging. I AM NOT ABANDONING OUR VIRGIN BRIDE. Her adventures will continue someday, I promise.
I am glad you are not abandoning the game I think you can see about recovering your data from the portable harddrive by finding a software restorer online or you could always take it into the repair place at like bestbuys I went there to fix my laptop where the SSD died and got a new replacement that is ten times more storage as well as having my files from the computer returned to my portable harddrive I had for the recovery now if your harddrive is broken somehow it could be recovered depending how badly it is damaged for getting the thread put on hold try the report button on your comment that should put it on notice and just report it for getting their attention for this particular matter

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Damn, that sucks, I really enjoyed the rocky road routes and was particularly looking forward to the innocent angel one... but there's no point crying over split milk, hopefully you'll be able to get things going again at some point.

Reactions: Sukebe_S

vanqa

Feb 9, 2017
Noooooooooooo, that was my favorite game here, was really looking forward to playing a new update before the end of the year. But well, I will definitely check out other games you work on, good luck on other projects and hopefully you come back to this one as soon as possible (っ ° ‿ ° )っ<3

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hey Guys!

I have some bad news, a few bits of good news about this bad news, then some bad news you're not going to like, and then some good news I'm excited about. Which would you like to hear first?

I'll start with the most relevant: On a recent visit back to my home, I discovered that my external hard drive is busted. I'm not sure what's wrong or how to fix it. It just whirs and whirs, clicks despondently, and then nothing. My computer won't even recognize that it's plugged in. Anyway, the good news about this bad news is that I didn't store any of the next, long-awaited MVB update on that. The RenPy script is saved elsewhere on multiple clouds. The other good news is that I hadn't done very much rendering because I've been so busy with work. So it's not like hours and hours are down the drain.

The bad news is that I did store most of my DAZ assets on that drive, along with my character subset saves. In other words, before I can continue, I'm going to need to re-download most of my assets, and then reconfigure/recreate all the character subsets. This will be laborious.

In the end, I'm not comfortable abandoning this project. While I have no renders, the script for the next installment is ready, and I hate the notion that I'd have to flush all that (it's good stuff!). Plus I understand that lots of people are eagerly anticipating the story to continue, and I hate letting people down. My plan is that whenever RL work slows down (it's gotta slow down someday, right?), I'm going to buy a serious, no-nonsense rendering PC with the fanciest GPU I can afford. That should free me up to do the shitloads of renders I have planned in (hopefully) short order. But when will that be? I have no idea.

What I'd like is to put an "on hold" tag on this thread. I've seen other threads with the "on hold" tag, but I can't figure out how to put the tag on this thread. I tried contacting F95Zone mgmt, but I didn't get a reply. That said, I think I formally consider this project on hold, and so should anyone else who doesn't already consider it that way.

I understand that this is a really big disappointment to many of you, and I'm truly sorry about that. (Going "on hold" was the bad news you were probably not going to like.)

If you're a fan of my work, however, I might have some good news: recently, I've started working with Mobum as an "unpaid intern" of sorts on his current project, Runaway Princess.

If you're not familiar with Mobum, he's the creative mastermind behind Annie's School Days. I was a big fan of ASD (which is on hold), and I'm a huge fan of RP. It's perhaps the best game I've found on this forum. Mobum is superb DAZ artist, a very innovative and skilled RenPy programmer, and an immersive and excellent storyteller. I'm OK at some of those things, but there's much I have to learn about all of them. So, I'm excited for the opportunity to learn while helping develop RP where I can. Currently, I'm helping by writing some dialogue and spitballing ideas, which are low-tech things I can do during off-time on work travels and whatnot. You might be able to detect flavors and scents of my writing when RP's next update is released.

If you enjoy my writing, you'll enjoy this game. And if you're itching to donate to a project (as many of you said you were), Mobum's is on . I highly recommend you patreonize him.

Anyway, sorry for the bad news, and thanks for reading all the way to the end of this. Also, thanks for playing MVB and being so encouraging. I AM NOT ABANDONING OUR VIRGIN BRIDE. Her adventures will continue someday, I promise.
I'm really sorry about your problem, and it makes me quite sad that I have to wait so long because I really loved the game, was one of my favorites and I was really looking forward to another update, but obviously as a fan (and... a person) I understand the problem and wish you the best for your current situation and your life. I will look forward to an update that one day will come out and will continue to support you as much as possible! Good luck, my friend!

Funboye0

Jan 18, 2020
Hey Guys!

Dont worry about it, when you come back next time you going to make the game even batter. don't give keep it up.
See you soon. :love: (y)

MisterZone

Jan 21, 2020
Hey Guys!

Don't worry my dear, we will waiting for your update. Take care!

blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
Great, this guy who couldn't give his own vanilla routes the time of day is going to work on Runaway princess. Guess I gotta unwatch that thread, was a really good game while it lasted
Came here as soon as i read the news in the runaway princess thread, the last thing that game needs is netorare, this is not gonna end well

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I feel really bad. I went back to replaying the game and I love it more and more for every chance it gives you and it makes me sick to have uncertainty. The uncertainty of not knowing if this will continue or not. Mr. Sukebe said yes he will follow but... What if other things come up and he is not able to? I don't know, I feel that pimple that that happens and that I never see any other content from a game that really had the potential to be my favorite game... I don't know. Sukebe Sensei, if you read this... I hope your situation improves, and I solemnly hope that you can continue with this project. Keep in mind that you will make many people happy, you are doing a masterful job and I solemnly ask you (not only as a fan, but as a person) to continue in this. I reiterate that I hope your problems are resolved. Goodnight.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
I feel really bad. I went back to replaying the game and I love it more and more for every chance it gives you and it makes me sick to have uncertainty. The uncertainty of not knowing if this will continue or not. Mr. Sukebe said yes he will follow but... What if other things come up and he is not able to? I don't know, I feel that pimple that that happens and that I never see any other content from a game that really had the potential to be my favorite game... I don't know. Sukebe Sensei, if you read this... I hope your situation improves, and I solemnly hope that you can continue with this project. Keep in mind that you will make many people happy, you are doing a masterful job and I solemnly ask you (not only as a fan, but as a person) to continue in this. I reiterate that I hope your problems are resolved. Goodnight.

Ha! Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the mystery of the "Curious Student" path. The plans I have for the rest of that storyline revolve around the anxiety associated with obsessive curiosity and learning truths. The "Gifted Tease" path is a bit more straightforward, but hopefully has its intriguing elements as well.

As for progress on the game, not much I'm afraid. I spent an hour reconfiguring my PC to make it DAZ functional... still no progress, so if I resume rendering, it would be on my trusty but oh-so-slow Mac Mini. And my external HD, with all my saved character assets and environments, is still just a brick that I can't unlock. My hope is to build a new PC dedicated entirely to rendering, then I'll rebuild my asset collection. Perhaps when he's less busy I can talk Mobum into helping me figure out my RenPy issues. Then, once all that's set up, I should be able to resume work. My plans are (currently) to separate the Curious Student and Gifted Tease into two separate "rocky road" games, and then finish each. As for Innocent Angel, I have lots of crazy ideas (involving sex cults and mind control), but not much concrete there.

In the meantime, helping Mobum with Runaway Princess has been very educational for me. I'm basically just pitching ideas and writing short dialogues, which I'm more suited for than Renpy and DAZ. Mobum's storytelling principles and design philosophies are very balanced, and he's a strong believer in giving players choices as to how they want their story to unfold (hint, hint: nobody panic!). I'm really excited for the next update, and I think it'll have tons of content for everyone to enjoy. And the artwork will be, as always, scorchingly hot and yet charming and fun.

Anyway, just checking in. I downloaded a game demo I haven't played yet called "Let The Nightshine In." Looks intriguing! :)

Have a great new year, everyone!

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Ha! Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the mystery of the "Curious Student" path. The plans I have for the rest of that storyline revolve around the anxiety associated with obsessive curiosity and learning truths. The "Gifted Tease" path is a bit more straightforward, but hopefully has its intriguing elements as well.

As for progress on the game, not much I'm afraid. I spent an hour reconfiguring my PC to make it DAZ functional... still no progress, so if I resume rendering, it would be on my trusty but oh-so-slow Mac Mini. And my external HD, with all my saved character assets and environments, is still just a brick that I can't unlock. My hope is to build a new PC dedicated entirely to rendering, then I'll rebuild my asset collection. Perhaps when he's less busy I can talk Mobum into helping me figure out my RenPy issues. Then, once all that's set up, I should be able to resume work. My plans are (currently) to separate the Curious Student and Gifted Tease into two separate "rocky road" games, and then finish each. As for Innocent Angel, I have lots of crazy ideas (involving sex cults and mind control), but not much concrete there.

In the meantime, helping Mobum with Runaway Princess has been very educational for me. I'm basically just pitching ideas and writing short dialogues, which I'm more suited for than Renpy and DAZ. Mobum's storytelling principles and design philosophies are very balanced, and he's a strong believer in giving players choices as to how they want their story to unfold (hint, hint: nobody panic!). I'm really excited for the next update, and I think it'll have tons of content for everyone to enjoy. And the artwork will be, as always, scorchingly hot and yet charming and fun.

Anyway, just checking in. I downloaded a game demo I haven't played yet called "Let The Nightshine In." Looks intriguing! :)

Have a great new year, everyone!
I love all routes. The one that "I don't like so much" would be "Innocent angel" I think... But the only reason is because maybe it is... That, innocent angel! for my taste... The other two (which are the ones that contain more "ntr") blew my mind, the first one I played was
Then I went to "School" and uff... the end blew my mind, and it would be incredible if, as you say, follow that path that leaves him to intrigue, (although it would be nice if in the future we find out what happened...) apart from the way in which momo acts as if nothing had happened... His personality added to the fact that you don't know if he's lying or not... I don't know, it's magnificent. Thanks for your reply! I see that progress is being hard... And I know that maybe we will not have something new so "soon", but what really makes me happy is knowing that you continue with all this... That makes me (a simple person who loves the WAY of the narration of a story) really happy. I admire you, a lot.

It is a great honor to know that you are going to try LTNI... It makes me nervous, I have done what I could and I used everything I had to do it, but... You're going to like it? I don't know and thats the kind of thing I'm afraid of... Anyway, I will not be talking about it since this is your game post! I will accept any kind of criticism from you (of my game ofc)! It would be a real honor! I say goodbye and... Happy new year, Sukebe_S.

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes