kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Well basically the MC died once, then gets revived and transported to another world (he can't live in that same world where he died.)

Now that you mention it, is there any ambiguous wording in the desc that makes you think that way? I might have to change it, so people don't get the wrong idea!
Well this is the line
>But there's a catch! You can never live in the same world ever again!
So you have to start fresh again in another world and obviously in another town!
It might be just me as I am an ESL so probably its fine to leave it as is.
Thanks for clarifying, now agree his life is awesome.

Reactions: FruityChoco Studio

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Well this is the line
>But there's a catch! You can never live in the same world ever again!
So you have to start fresh again in another world and obviously in another town!
It might be just me as I am an ESL so probably its fine to leave it as is.
Thanks for clarifying, now agree his life is awesome.
No worries! And thank you for pointing it out! I've reworded it a bit and it should eliminate the misunderstanding, so thank you too!

• Red Heart
Reactions: kratoscar2008

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Hey everyone! This is only a minor update, this update mainly focuses on fixing performance!
We had received reports of poor performance, especially on older android devices, so we had to do something about it!

Changelog 0.6.0:
- Added/replaced Misty's first encounter with the ANIMATED version.
- Changed how I showed character expression symbols from the ground up. (Thank god we're still at the first half )
- Changed Splash screen design that you see when launching the game.
- Changed Gallery screen design. (removed animated background to make performance better)
- Changed In-game Navigation menu background image.
- Gallery images are now locked from default, and you have to see them in-game to unlock them in the gallery.
- Revised, and added a few dialogues, and fixed some typos, nothing major though.
- Removed animated background from the in-game navigation menu (Causes lag).
- Removed the sound that plays when you click (I've heard complaints but never heard anyone actually liking them, so I disabled them).

As you can see, nothing major!
It's not worth redownloading if you already played 0.5.1, This is just the better version of it!
However, if you faced bugs / 0.5.1 was too heavy, definitely consider trying this version!

Now we can fully start working on 1.0.0 without worry. Phew...

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Thanks for the hard work, great as always, I'm looking at my resources to see if I can contribute more. One of the things that made me want to do this was the description of the patreon ''Won't to be added in the game: NTR'' so I'm MUCH more excited

View attachment 1576328
And thank you too! I wrote that just because I won't write it, cause I didn't like it, and I figured that may stop people from asking it, if it has it, or will have it, because the answer is, no, it won't!

Misty and Co is coming back in february, so stay tuned!

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Hey everyone! This is only a minor update, this update mainly focuses on fixing performance!
We had received reports of poor performance, especially on older android devices, so we had to do something about it!

Changelog 0.6.0:
- Added/replaced Misty's first encounter with the ANIMATED version.
- Changed how I showed character expression symbols from the ground up. (Thank god we're still at the first half )
- Changed Splash screen design that you see when launching the game.
- Changed Gallery screen design. (removed animated background to make performance better)
- Changed In-game Navigation menu background image.
- Gallery images are now locked from default, and you have to see them in-game to unlock them in the gallery.
- Revised, and added a few dialogues, and fixed some typos, nothing major though.
- Removed animated background from the in-game navigation menu (Causes lag).
- Removed the sound that plays when you click (I've heard complaints but never heard anyone actually liking them, so I disabled them).

As you can see, nothing major!
It's not worth redownloading if you already played 0.5.1, This is just the better version of it!
However, if you faced bugs / 0.5.1 was too heavy, definitely consider trying this version!

Now we can fully start working on 1.0.0 without worry. Phew...
Oh damn I didn't know new update came out already, can't wait to check out the new content. Thank you for doing great work as always

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Oh damn I didn't know new update came out already, can't wait to check out the new content. Thank you for doing great work as always
Oh no no, not much has changed except the UI design and performance, as I stated in the changelog, I just can't help seeing how bad 0.5.1 runs on android phones, sorry to disappoint but yeah, read the changelog :(

The next big actual update will skip to 1.0.0, indicating the complete chapter 1, and it will go through 2.0.0 and 3.0.0 and so on

• Love
Reactions: thevoid089

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Oh no no, not much has changed except the UI design and performance, as I stated in the changelog, I just can't help seeing how bad 0.5.1 runs on android phones, sorry to disappoint but yeah, read the changelog :(

The next big actual update will skip to 1.0.0, indicating the complete chapter 1, and it will go through 2.0.0 and 3.0.0 and so on
No worry, even if it was just a small change from still image to animation it still a good update that worth a replay again. Of course I'm pretty excited for the next big update so really can't wait to see how the story and new content be like

• Red Heart

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017

I fear this versionning will lead to misunderstandings as most people expect a 1.0.0 to be the complete game. You may want to add a 0 before that to avoid confusion

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
I fear this versionning will lead to misunderstandings as most people expect a 1.0.0 to be the complete game. You may want to add a 0 before that to avoid confusion
Actually, you're right, might even just ditch the 3 numbers and do just v1, v2, v3, and so on.

Originally I asked a friend about this "semantic versioning" term, he said that it's up to the developer and as long as the developer explains what versioning means. Since he's a real back-end programmer, I just straight up followed his advice.

And at first, I was going to use 0.1.0, 0.2.0 versioning, just like what you said. But... IF and I mean IF we reach chapter 10, it would be written as 0.10.0 which people might see as an "older" version compared to 0.2.0.

So, I'm actually at loss, do you have a suggestion for a versioning system that works for a game that doesn't have a definite/clear plan on when it will end yet?

Another idea I had was just to drop the versioning altogether and just write Chapter 1,then Chapter 1-2, then 1-3, and so on....

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I think most people understand that a 0.10 comes after a 0.9
The v1,v2,v3... is not a bad idea it's similar with what the dev of Overlord H did, the final release of his game was R48, it allows people to know exactly how many updates there have been at a glance.
And you can use decimals for bugfix or improvement updates.
For example let's say your initial release 0.5.1 was called v1, then the 0.6.0 that was improvements would be v1.1 and the 0.6.1 v1.2.
That way you only increment the first number when it's a story update.

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
You're right, I think I'll set it to just v1 on the next major update.

Turning 0.6.1 to just v1 later wouldn't cause as much confusion as turning 0.6.1 into 0.1.0

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Appreciate it!

Reactions: Jarul

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
2D games in development have it tough nowadays... I hope It get support level it require to sustain full development. Maybe DEV should observe why games like What a Legend succeeded at that - that one is I think most successful 2D new game here. Lets hope.

• Wow

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
2D games in development have it tough nowadays... I hope It get support level it require to sustain full development. Maybe DEV should observe why games like What a Legend succeeded at that - that one is I think most successful 2D new game here. Lets hope.
At a glance, I think the huge factor of it becoming a success are the steamy animated scenes and unique art style! I haven't played the game yet so I don't dare comment on the story....

For the scenes, we don't really have a yet in this version of our game because it's too early for that, however, in the next update we can go full throttle and include some scenes because it fits in the story, not rushed (in my opinion) "

Also, thank you for your words of encouragement, we hope so too!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jarul
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes