Siborn91

Nov 13, 2016
For some reason the game isn't starting up with me. Gets to the disclaimer page and then wont advance from there. Anyone else have this issue or a fix that I could perform? Thanks!

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I guess my point was largely that in previous updates the game took my characters' existing experience numbers (which were pretty substantial) and simply upgraded their levels to match. Here, it looks like it tried to reset things to reflect the new gameplay adjustments and something got lost in the shuffle. Behold Amber, who had something like 3000 experience points in bartending previously in this save, completely fail to hit even the lowest clear point for Level 4 Denise:

Another possible bug: when the week was up and it came time to rehire the staff, they suddenly decided to work for free. I know they're all hot for the MC's staff training sessions, but I doubt they'd be this generous. Joking aside, only Laura has the tarot card for zero salary equipped.
Hello, as you can read the changelog from this post https://f95zone.to/threads/mystwood-manor-v0-4-0-6-faerin.42940/post-4811069 the game had some rebalancing work, so you can't check what a girl achieved in the previous game version with the latest one.

Moreover:
  • level 4 guests are indeed difficult to satisfy and it is intended, if not you will always have an easy life to do any job everytime and in a long run it can be boring
  • when you have reached a skill level 4, it is normal that it goes up to level 5, but it doesn't switch to level 5 because it isn't implemented yet
  • Denise isn't the lowest guest level because she asks for 60%, the lowest level guests are the one with only 1 star, Denise is a 2 stars guest
  • When a skill level changes, from 1 to 2 or from 2 to 3 etc, the skill xp is always be reset to 0, maybe you haven't keep an eye to that before ;)
In the satisfaction bar score one of the variable is how much experience you have, so when you have 0xp at level 4 skill you haven't any improvement, but as soon as you get about 500xp you will maxed out your skill at level 4 (you can see the external circle is filled up) so level 4 guests can be a bit easier, but to satisfy the nun or Sofia, you need to have a lot of cards and room upgrades

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I am not getting the black screen. The game does open, though it just shows the warning disclaimer and freezes there. However I did try your fix, unfortunately with no luck.
In Sycho's FAQ there is written this (I can't attach the PDF for some server issue):

Q: “The game won’t load”
A: If you use Citrix for work purposes, Nahimic software or FMOD for audio boosting, Strix, Aegis 3,
Sonic Studio 2, RivaTuner Statistics Server, or any Apple products such as QuickTime, these
programs will need to be temporarily disabled during your gameplay.

Please check this then report back

Siborn91

Nov 13, 2016
In Sycho's FAQ there is written this (I can't attach the PDF for some server issue):

Q: “The game won’t load”
A: If you use Citrix for work purposes, Nahimic software or FMOD for audio boosting, Strix, Aegis 3,
Sonic Studio 2, RivaTuner Statistics Server, or any Apple products such as QuickTime, these
programs will need to be temporarily disabled during your gameplay.

Please check this then report back
Nothing like that. I'm running on windows 10, a fairly fresh install.

Other unity games are working, it is just this one that wont progress past the first warning screen. (It might be useful to note that the screen doesn't display correctly and a lot of text is cut off. I am running an ultra wide monitor. 3440:1440).

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Nothing like that. I'm running on windows 10, a fairly fresh install.

Other unity games are working, it is just this one that wont progress past the first warning screen. (It might be useful to note that the screen doesn't display correctly and a lot of text is cut off. I am running an ultra wide monitor. 3440:1440).
OK the monitor resolution can be the problem, go to the game folder than to "profile" folder (if you haven't this folder, create it), than create a file called "settings.ini" than paste this inside settings.ini file and save it, then run the game:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <language>english</language>
  <quality_level>5</quality_level>
  <fullscreen>false</fullscreen>
  <master_vol>0.6785785</master_vol>
  <music_vol>0.5</music_vol>
  <resolution>1680 x 1050</resolution>
  <bloom>true</bloom>
  <fog>true</fog>
  <skip_unseen>false</skip_unseen>
  <auto_speed>5</auto_speed>
  <ui_animations>true</ui_animations>
  <manual_vip_interactions>false</manual_vip_interactions>
  <hints>true</hints>
</settings>
The game should load in a window with 1680 x 1050 resolution, you can adjust the resolution, but don't play it in full screen.

Last edited:

Siborn91

Nov 13, 2016
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <settings xmlns:xsd=" " xmlns:xsi=" "> <language>english</language> <quality_level>5</quality_level> <fullscreen>false</fullscreen> <master_vol>0.6785785</master_vol> <music_vol>0.5</music_vol> <resolution>1680 x 1050</resolution> <bloom>true</bloom> <fog>true</fog> <skip_unseen>false</skip_unseen> <auto_speed>5</auto_speed> <ui_animations>true</ui_animations> <manual_vip_interactions>false</manual_vip_interactions> <hints>true</hints> </settings>
Got it to work! Thanks, you're a legend!

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
Okay, so just start this new update and I must say that is this for idiots now? Customers say exactly what they want and then you still get 3 options?? "I like salad" "Hmm, should I make hamburger?" Like why there is choices anymore? Don't do this for idiots, I like some challenge in my games.

ABaaaadIdea

Aug 7, 2018
OK the monitor resolution can be the problem, go to the game folder than to "profile" folder (if you haven't this folder, create it), than create a file called "settings.ini" than paste this inside settings.ini file and save it, then run the game:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <language>english</language>
  <quality_level>5</quality_level>
  <master_vol>0.6785785</master_vol>
  <music_vol>0.5</music_vol>
  <resolution>1680 x 1050</resolution>
  <bloom>true</bloom>
  <fog>true</fog>
  <skip_unseen>false</skip_unseen>
  <auto_speed>5</auto_speed>
  <ui_animations>true</ui_animations>
  <manual_vip_interactions>false</manual_vip_interactions>
  <hints>true</hints>
</settings>
The game should load in a window with 1680 x 1050 resolution, you can adjust the resolution, but don't play it in full screen.
I've altered the ini to the above, but it still loads in full screen? =/ Any other ideas? My monitor is an ultra-wide @ 3840 x 1600 ...

Cheesedoodles

Nov 7, 2016
All the folks with the no vag/no sex comments need to read the OP developers notes. Faerun's rig crashed folks so he gave us what he had. He promises new sex scenes in Jan. Be patient sheez. I was surprised to find the BJ scene with Julia in the kitchen.
I think I've heard the "My rig crashed", "I'm sick", comments quite a few times though.
Maybe this one time its for real lmao.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Okay, so just start this new update and I must say that is this for idiots now? Customers say exactly what they want and then you still get 3 options?? "I like salad" "Hmm, should I make hamburger?" Like why there is choices anymore? Don't do this for idiots, I like some challenge in my games.
Depends on the guest level you are playing, level 1 is very easy (you have to select the same thing the guest requests), then going up with guest levels they will be very specific

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I've altered the ini to the above, but it still loads in full screen? =/ Any other ideas? My monitor is an ultra-wide @ 3840 x 1600 ...
Are you sure that the game was closed when you have edited your .ini file?
Please also check, if you have created with notepad, that the extension isn't .ini.txt

The only things that make the game run in full screen mode is this line:
Code:
if set to false the game runs into window, if true is in full screen

Benalin13

Jun 10, 2019
It will never let anyone work in the restaurant at the same time there is a guest there. I have two girls who are able to do that but they cant go there if there is a guest

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes