Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
This game is fucking imposible to play, bugs every fucking were
Fuck yeah! If only fucking someone would fucking tell me what those fucking bugs are. Maybe I could get them fucking fixed.
But fuck leaving constructive feedback, right?

Ran into an issue where I loaded my saved game and the gym was un-accessible. I had the gym built and upgraded earlier with guests & Riley using it. Now it won't give me the option to build it again or place Riley there. Doesn't seem to be a maintenance issue with Kay since my maintenance is at 90%. Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this? I uploaded the save as well. Thank you!

View attachment 765495
Thanks for the bug report!
Can you tell me which version you are playing, because this save runs fine in my current build.
Also rooms that you haven't renovated yet *shouldn't* trigger upkeep events.
Did you install the game to a clean directory (instead of overwriting a previous version)?
Are you using any mods/cheat engines by chance?

japorean

Apr 14, 2020
Faerin

*updated* Hi Faerin - I did a clean install and transferred my profile folder with my saves over. I'll make sure to do this for future updates. No issues now, thank you!

Can you tell me which version you are playing, because this save runs fine in my current build.
-v0.1.3, updated to v01.3.1 but I still ran into the same issue

Did you install the game to a clean directory (instead of overwriting a previous version)?
-I overwrote a previous version.

Are you using any mods/cheat engines by chance?
-no mods or cheats

Last edited:
Reactions: Faerin

ai...

May 30, 2019
How do I find new staff members? Everytime I explore the woods and the witches shack i don't get anything. My hotel is almost level 2 and I hardly ever am able to interact with anyone. Everytime I visit a staff member they are too busy to talk or napping. And visiting a guest they are always in their room.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Just keep building up your hotel. Once you get level 2, you'll be able to build more rooms and 2 new staff members will show up (a tip though: wait with building a sauna or a gym until you have enough money to build the maintenance room as well because things break down if the maintenance drops to 70%).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How do I find new staff members? Everytime I explore the woods and the witches shack i don't get anything. My hotel is almost level 2 and I hardly ever am able to interact with anyone. Everytime I visit a staff member they are too busy to talk or napping. And visiting a guest they are always in their room.
Right now I think only one guest (the absent minded professor type) has an interaction when going around. Staff members only have useful interactions to advance their plot - look for their next event in the event chain, think from the description where you might have to look for them (or try different combinations systematically, or look into a walkthrough). Also, events will repeat until you handle them correctly.

E. g. from the start you can look for Amber while she is doing hose cleaning. You can ignore the open door, or go inside, see her sleeping, and then be understanding or scold her. This will repeat until you scolded her, and after that this interaction will be gone, but before you did that there will be no interaction with "look for staff" with her anywhere else.

You don't - yet - get new staff from exploring or similar but tied to the progress of the game. Julia will be there from the beginning, Amber will join after an automatic talk Julia has with her and a bet you have to win (automatically, thanks dad) two days later, Riley will come when you reach hotel level 2, Kay will come when you build the maintenance room.

thetrying

Jul 18, 2018
There needs to be a way to kick guests. I have two guest glitched to where they can't leave...which means I don't make money-
It says 6/3 for one and 5/2 for the other.

thetrying

Jul 18, 2018
There needs to be a way to kick guests. I have two guest glitched to where they can't leave...which means I don't make money-
It says 6/3 for one and 5/2 for the other.
Well I stop servicing them and now they disappeared without paying so I guess it's fixed.
I also talked to orville for the first time which could've been it.

Last edited:

mileyvirus

Oct 29, 2017
game is still bugged. still lets you get to a state where you cant get buy the maintenance room yet all your other rooms fall into disrepair.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Ok started this because Man of the House was amazing. I got to the point where the second guest arrives and asked him to wait, which pissed him off then the first guest was pissed off because no one was in the kitchen. Is this normal or did I fuck up? Also is there an easy way to cheat money just so I can enjoy the sim side but without the stress of fucking up all the time?

pj13

Apr 22, 2018
Ok started this because Man of the House was amazing. I got to the point where the second guest arrives and asked him to wait, which pissed him off then the first guest was pissed off because no one was in the kitchen. Is this normal or did I fuck up? Also is there an easy way to cheat money just so I can enjoy the sim side but without the stress of fucking up all the time?
I think you can only have guests wait for 1 day before they get pissed off and leave but there are no negative effects if they get pissed off at you for that. Refusing them also doesn't have any negative effects for you.
So that's fine and normal.
Regarding no one being in the kitchen there you fucked up.
You need to look at your planning to see where the guest is going to be and make sure 1 of your staff is manning that station. In this you should have assigned one of your staff to the kitchen so the guest could have food.

You can dissapoint guests 3 times.(either by not having any staff at the facility where they want something or by making the wrong choice and getting them the wrong thing they ask for)
The third time they will leave without paying.

Check out the quick guide for more info.
https://f95zone.to/threads/mystwood-manor-v0-1-3-1-faerin.42940/post-3929300

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Its got mass potential but at the moment its all over the place. I got so bored trying to get the daughters skills up in the restaurant to see the next unlock, but it never happened. I have complete faith that Faerin will do a bang on job with this, but until its finished I see no point in playing it again.

Having half scenes all over the place can mess things up big time. Either by causing burnout or making gamers restart due to a change of idea. Until then I can wait.

Jcompt

Sep 24, 2017
One of the reasons I have been commenting on this game more frequently than I would comment on other games is because Faerin is a developer who engages with this community. That makes me at ease making recommendations which i feel can make a game that i like and enjoy even more enjoyable.

I have been to many hotels, small and large, resort style, and ma and pa B&Bs. The most successful of hotel managers I have encountered are those who are able and willing to step in, at a moment notice, to fill in for one of the employees or to lend a hand when things get tough. I think the MC, should be able to fill in when needed at the front desk, occasionally at the restaurant, perhaps the bar, or in cleaning when things get tough. In future versions, I hope this becomes available as the MC can learn new skills in the teacher's room as one of the activities.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
One of the reasons I have been commenting on this game more frequently than I would comment on other games is because Faerin is a developer who engages with this community. That makes me at ease making recommendations which i feel can make a game that i like and enjoy even more enjoyable.

I have been to many hotels, small and large, resort style, and ma and pa B&Bs. The most successful of hotel managers I have encountered are those who are able and willing to step in, at a moment notice, to fill in for one of the employees or to lend a hand when things get tough. I think the MC, should be able to fill in when needed at the front desk, occasionally at the restaurant, perhaps the bar, or in cleaning when things get tough. In future versions, I hope this becomes available as the MC can learn new skills in the teacher's room as one of the activities.
At least the front desk and cleaning would make sense. Waiting and bartending probably would need some training. Gameplay wise being able to be in the reception would also be a major help - mom is spending too much time there and especially in the beginning in the kitchen, that it gets hard to level her cleaning. Restaurant I wouldn't use as a player (unless needed), since it is asked for seldomly and two girls want to level there.

Reactions: Jcompt and Faerin

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017

At least the front desk and cleaning would make sense. Waiting and bartending probably would need some training. Gameplay wise being able to be in the reception would also be a major help - mom is spending too much time there and especially in the beginning in the kitchen, that it gets hard to level her cleaning. Restaurant I wouldn't use as a player (unless needed), since it is asked for seldomly and two girls want to level there.
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I've got a ton of ton ideas on my "todo" list (that may or may not make it into the game).
The MC working in the hotel is one of them.
As well as more interaction between the MC and the guests.
Having him offering an expensive bottle of champagne to a guest to remove a "strike", for instance.
I haven't implemented traits and tarot cards yet either (item effects will be implemented in this month's update).
Or any of the locations and events (that can grant several items, bonusses, etc.).
I don't want to add too many things right now, as I want to wait until all staff members, guests and rooms are implemented.
It will make it a bit easier to balance things that way.

But in the mean time, feel free to share your ideas. I can't guarantee they will make it into the game, but I will consider every one of them.

Thanks!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
And I completely forgot about the tactical possibilities during the later game:

If you help with the cleaning, Amber can take a rest and will still have energy in the evening to do the bar, so Kay can move over to maintenance preventing the shutdown of your whole operation.

Reactions: Jcompt

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is the low rating for this game mostly due to bugs? Or is the actual game + story pretty shitty too?
I'd suggest you just read the reviews (go up on this page and click on the "review" rider), as with all internet stuff you will see whether to take them seriously and whether the points made pro and con are important to you (and give you new information, some reviews focus a lot on aspects of the graphics you can already deduct from the example images in the thread).

Right now the main issues some people have seem to be

(a) No action for MC - which is true but hardly a fair critique right now
(b) Annoying grind - which I don't subscribe to (although admittedly I am a bit of a grinder or as I like to call it "earning my rewards"), but it is true that this game has more actual management aspects than most sandboxes (it isn't HotelTycoon by any means, but you do need to watch your hotel - if that's not your cup of tea this will be problematic).
(c) Slow transition screens and results (when servicing a guest finding out how happy they are - you have to make choices how to serve them with the hints they give you, pretty easy stuff). The latter has been mitigated by the VIP mechanic (any guest you completely satisfied for a level once will be automatically satisfied during future visits as long as you provide adequate personnel). Kind of agree with the transition screens, but then the Ren'Py CTRL sometimes tempts to play too quickly and miss the athmosphere, so you gotta decide how much you are willing on transitions.

For me the game is way too early to rate but on a very good path. But as I said, see what people say what they liked and disliked, that's more important than the stars. I've played two star games with a lot of enjoyment and gave 4.5 star games a try despite being sceptical - and indeed should have avoided them.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Kind of agree with the transition screens, but then the Ren'Py CTRL sometimes tempts to play too quickly and miss the athmosphere, so you gotta decide how much you are willing on transitions.
Ctrl works in MwM as well (if you enable "skip unseen" it skips through everything, otherwise just the dialogs you have seen before). And disabling "UI animations" speeds things up as well.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes