SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
V0.1.3.1
Started over with the new version. Playing with UI animations off & Guest interactions off. Didn't encounter any bugs or problems until, you guessed it, the renovation of the Sauna & Fitness part of the game. The problem wasn't with renovating the Sauna or Fitness, but instead it was the Maintenance Rm. So, after renovating the Sauna & what his name told me the spill on mainrenance, I renovated the Maintenance. There lies the problem. As soon as you renovate every thing freezes up. No escape. Had to X it out & load it up again. Wasn't about to start over, so I read posts here & came across one avout the UI animation. Wasn't sure about that so I went back into the game & turned on both options, ui animation & guest interaction. With that done I renovated the Maintenance Room with no problem. Once done I turned off UI animation & Guest interaction. Now, past 100 days & no problems.

Suggestion: Player should be able or (required to) renovate the Maintence Rm before the Sauna & Fitness Rm. Mainly because everything degrades to fast. Down to 30% by the actual time Kay goes to work. Or, perhaps not have anything degrading until you've hired Kay.

Slave labor: The more I played the more the shifts & wages nagged my brain. Do to math being major in High school & College
plus being manage for a national Drug Store chain, I couldn't get it out of my head. SO! Her it is. If we have 4 time slots, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, & perhaps Night. Normal thought is morning to afternoon or noon is (8:00 to 12:00), then afternoon to evening would be (12:00 to 4 or 6:00), leaving evening to ( 4:00 to 8:00 or 6 to 8 or even 10)
This is 7 days a week. If you count from 8:00 am to say 6:00 pm, (would be later with the bar & the club when it is added.
8am to 6pm is 10 hrs. 70 hrs a week. $250 / 70 = 3.57 per hour. It's no wonder I'm getting rich. Haveing over $300,000 in profit only after 100 days.
Needs to be a way to increase their pay & give them at least 1 day off. Maybe bellying rubbing could be a nice way to give a raise. Maybe a relief worked for the weekends. Yes!, I know it's a game, but it is Hotel Management game with a little goodies on the side every now & then. Perhaps something is already planed & not yet added.
It's all just thoughts not complaint. If the latest v0.1.3.1 is any indicator of what's to come, it will surpass MOTH with no problem. The adult animation is far greater than MOTH. I truly feel that the dev is going all out on this one. As for myself I can only see things getting better & better. In my book, wasting no time to correct serious bugs is a +++. Have other suggestion that the dev may be interested in or perhaps already in his ultimate plans. But I'll wait a little & see how it goes. Thank you.

Reactions: Faerin and shane420

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
V0.1.3.1
Started over with the new version. Playing with UI animations off & Guest interactions off. Didn't encounter any bugs or problems until, you guessed it, the renovation of the Sauna & Fitness part of the game. The problem wasn't with renovating the Sauna or Fitness, but instead it was the Maintenance Rm. So, after renovating the Sauna & what his name told me the spill on mainrenance, I renovated the Maintenance. There lies the problem. As soon as you renovate every thing freezes up. No escape. Had to X it out & load it up again. Wasn't about to start over, so I read posts here & came across one avout the UI animation. Wasn't sure about that so I went back into the game & turned on both options, ui animation & guest interaction. With that done I renovated the Maintenance Room with no problem. Once done I turned off UI animation & Guest interaction. Now, past 100 days & no problems.

Suggestion: Player should be able or (required to) renovate the Maintence Rm before the Sauna & Fitness Rm. Mainly because everything degrades to fast. Down to 30% by the actual time Kay goes to work. Or, perhaps not have anything degrading until you've hired Kay.

Slave labor: The more I played the more the shifts & wages nagged my brain. Do to math being major in High school & College
plus being manage for a national Drug Store chain, I couldn't get it out of my head. SO! Her it is. If we have 4 time slots, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, & perhaps Night. Normal thought is morning to afternoon or noon is (8:00 to 12:00), then afternoon to evening would be (12:00 to 4 or 6:00), leaving evening to ( 4:00 to 8:00 or 6 to 8 or even 10)
This is 7 days a week. If you count from 8:00 am to say 6:00 pm, (would be later with the bar & the club when it is added.
8am to 6pm is 10 hrs. 70 hrs a week. $250 / 70 = 3.57 per hour. It's no wonder I'm getting rich. Haveing over $300,000 in profit only after 100 days.
Needs to be a way to increase their pay & give them at least 1 day off. Maybe bellying rubbing could be a nice way to give a raise. Maybe a relief worked for the weekends. Yes!, I know it's a game, but it is Hotel Management game with a little goodies on the side every now & then. Perhaps something is already planed & not yet added.
It's all just thoughts not complaint. If the latest v0.1.3.1 is any indicator of what's to come, it will surpass MOTH with no problem. The adult animation is far greater than MOTH. I truly feel that the dev is going all out on this one. As for myself I can only see things getting better & better. In my book, wasting no time to correct serious bugs is a +++. Have other suggestion that the dev may be interested in or perhaps already in his ultimate plans. But I'll wait a little & see how it goes. Thank you.
Yes, I agree: the wages are ridiculously low at the moment.
There will be some more balancing in wages vs income vs renovation/upgrade costs in the near future (probably several times still).

If you have any more ideas regarding gameplay and balancing, please let me know, as this is the phase in which I can still adjust these things and I really want to aim for a challenging, but fun gameplay.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

666rosebug

Feb 8, 2019
any walkthroughs? stuck on level 2 hotel :C can't gain xp anymore for some reason and I am stuck repeating days with nothing new happening even when trying to talk and explore during days and nights.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
any walkthroughs? stuck on level 2 hotel :C can't gain xp anymore for some reason and I am stuck repeating days with nothing new happening even when trying to talk and explore during days and nights.
Yes, there's a link to it that was posted on the previous page.

SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
Yes, I agree: the wages are ridiculously low at the moment.
There will be some more balancing in wages vs income vs renovation/upgrade costs in the near future (probably several times still).

If you have any more ideas regarding gameplay and balancing, please let me know, as this is the phase in which I can still adjust these things and I really want to aim for a challenging, but fun gameplay.

Salaries:
Based onthe fact there are going to be no more than 5 tiers with currently each staff having 3 skills I did some math and feel the following would be fair. The staff get free room & board plus access to all facilities which in itself would be a considerable amount. Thus, if they all were started out with a salary of $250 you (as the player) could show your appreciation by giving them a $50 increase after completion of a skill. Example; Amber is hired at Level 1 at $250 per week. She raises her Housekeeping skill to Level 2 = $50 increase. So, by the time she raises all skill to Level 2 she will be making $400 per week.

Level 1 start = 250, Level 2 start = 400, Level 3 start = 550, level 4 start = 700, & Level 5 start = 1000.

Having a teacher such as the player (he did work at the stag for a year) would serve a dual purpose. One, helping the girls to increase their skill and 2 getting to know the girls better. This could be also used as giving the staff member a bonus, a incentive to increase their skill faster when they do not have a quest requiring their service. This way they are going to end up with a base salary but also a way to earn a little extra. This can also be used to have a staff member learn a completely new skill but that would only increase their pay by $25 because they learned in a class room instead of actual experience. So, if a member wanted to be ambitious , there is a way to earn more and it would help out the other members in instances where one of them has no energy left to complete their service. This has happened quite a few times already. Then when they start the new day they are not at full energy and that causes problems.

You already have the experiecne points required coded for each skill on each level. At least up to Level 3 currently. You could hard code the increases for each skill upon the completion of each skill or lesson. That would be one way. People starting out would be fine. Ones that have played up to the end of this version (0.1.3.1) would be a different story. The increases must be applied only on Sunday night regardless of the day the skill was completed. So, (not knowing how hard it would be to code) I was thinking you could simply add an input block or a + increase $25 button under each staff on the hire & fire screen. An input block could be coded with 2 choices, 50 & 25. Personally, I like in player input because it makes you feel more involved instead of robotic. Like I said before either way would be good. I know how coding works. Took Computer Science in College & learned all the programming languages that of course are now dead. C++ is now the most dominate in programs. In games, I don't know. However, when it comes to coding, especiallly going back and making changes can create horrific problems for the code if not done thoughtfully. With the approximate of 10 or 11 staff, payroll would be 10k to 11k per wk by the end of level 5 not counting bonuses.

Right now at 72 my brain is tired. I hope this was explained to understanding of what I was trying to say. It's just an idea. Doing the code is the determinate. Thank you

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
(some, actually a lot of, interesting stuff shortened to make this post appear shorter)
Interesting approach. For the leveling up did you give a $100 raise for level 5 or was it a small oversight putting them at 1.000 instead of 850? Doubling for the final level would make sense storywise and not be a problem at all, and if the current ratio of 2 employees per serviceable customer were to stay constant, it could work, but the lower tier customers would barely give you a profit then - so the viability versus a threatening Great Googlymoogly Grind would depend on how customers appear and are chosen and how much they will pay later. On the other hand, if everything stayed as it is right now, the "business simulator" part would be pretty easy (of course we wouldn't know how the different levels will affect this).

As for the money itself, we shouldn't really compare the numbers too much to reality. $1000 in 4 weeks with room and board provided for entry level employees still learning the ropes does not sound too little to be realistic to me, but things may differ in different parts of the world. On the other side, customers paying you $8k for a two nights stay will expect something more than we could probably provide. So, as in many other games, one should probably see what we see as representing more people. But since I half-assed the intro on the last playthrough, sorry: is the story still about the clients being more famous people looking for a silent retreat?

I definitely like the idea to have some kind of schooling system to (slowly) increase skills at a cost, because it can reduce grind time (at a cost). It would probably not be too easy to implement into the story without creating some narrative hiccups, but then my technique of refusing customers because they don't want to visit the restaurant or sauna doesn't make too much sense either ("I am terribly sorry Ma'am, but we can only accept customers who are willing to get naked and then get into heat.").

Reactions: Faerin

SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
Interesting approach. For the leveling up did you give a $100 raise for level 5 or was it a small oversight putting them at 1.000 instead of 850? Doubling for the final level would make sense storywise and not be a problem at all, and if the current ratio of 2 employees per serviceable customer were to stay constant, it could work, but the lower tier customers would barely give you a profit then - so the viability versus a threatening Great Googlymoogly Grind would depend on how customers appear and are chosen and how much they will pay later. On the other hand, if everything stayed as it is right now, the "business simulator" part would be pretty easy (of course we wouldn't know how the different levels will affect this).

As for the money itself, we shouldn't really compare the numbers too much to reality. $1000 in 4 weeks with room and board provided for entry level employees still learning the ropes does not sound too little to be realistic to me, but things may differ in different parts of the world. On the other side, customers paying you $8k for a two nights stay will expect something more than we could probably provide. So, as in many other games, one should probably see what we see as representing more people. But since I half-assed the intro on the last playthrough, sorry: is the story still about the clients being more famous people looking for a silent retreat?

I definitely like the idea to have some kind of schooling system to (slowly) increase skills at a cost, because it can reduce grind time (at a cost). It would probably not be too easy to implement into the story without creating some narrative hiccups, but then my technique of refusing customers because they don't want to visit the restaurant or sauna doesn't make too much sense either ("I am terribly sorry Ma'am, but we can only accept customers who are willing to get naked and then get into heat.").

Starting salary for all employees would start at $250. Each skill raised to next level would be +$50.
Example: $250 start + $50 + $50 + $50 = $400 Now you are at level 2
$400 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $550 Now you are starting Level 3
$550 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $700 Now you are starting Level 4
$700 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $850 Now you are starting Level 5
$850 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $1000 Now you have completed all Levels.
$1000 per wks = $52,000 a year. They also get 1 time bonuses for classroom learning at $25 per Skill.

The outlined wages would be in line for a posh Hotel such as Mystwood manor would be considered. I am clearing on average a weekly profit in excess of 40K. As for myself, I could easly afford thes wages considering all the other services that are going to be offered. With 5 guest checked in you'll make more than enough to pay the girls a good wage. As fa as implemitation goes it would not be that difficult. It's just up to the dev if he wants to change or add the code.

You have to remember that once past Level 1 it takes quite a while to increase to the nest level, which gives you plenty of time to have the money to pay them with. I am on day 112 with 400K. I have had quest pay as much as 12K for 3 nights. With just one guest and my staff at fullest Level would be 3k leaving me with 9k. That is if I accepted no other gues other than the one. So, you can see that it is not unreasonable. Thank you

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Starting salary for all employees would start at $250. Each skill raised to next level would be +$50.
Example: $250 start + $50 + $50 + $50 = $400 Now you are at level 2
$400 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $550 Now you are starting Level 3
$550 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $700 Now you are starting Level 4
$700 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $850 Now you are starting Level 5
$850 + $50 + $50 + $50 = $1000 Now you have completed all Levels.
$1000 per wks = $52,000 a year. They also get 1 time bonuses for classroom learning at $25 per Skill.

The outlined wages would be in line for a posh Hotel such as Mystwood manor would be considered. I am clearing on average a weekly profit in excess of 40K. As for myself, I could easly afford thes wages considering all the other services that are going to be offered. With 5 guest checked in you'll make more than enough to pay the girls a good wage. As fa as implemitation goes it would not be that difficult. It's just up to the dev if he wants to change or add the code.

You have to remember that once past Level 1 it takes quite a while to increase to the nest level, which gives you plenty of time to have the money to pay them with. I am on day 112 with 400K. I have had quest pay as much as 12K for 3 nights. With just one guest and my staff at fullest Level would be 3k leaving me with 9k. That is if I accepted no other gues other than the one. So, you can see that it is not unreasonable. Thank you
I never said it was unreasonable. But I made a huge whoopie in my calculations, because later I compared income to wages but counted the wages daily for whatever reason. And even then it could work, depending on customer distribution. But yeah, since wages are weekly, money won't be an issue at all.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Salaries:
Based onthe fact there are going to be no more than 5 tiers with currently each staff having 3 skills I did some math and feel the following would be fair.
One major reason I did not implement flexible skills is time efficiency.
If you would be able to teach any girl any skill, I would have to create dialogs/scenes/images for each variation and this would skyrocket the develoment time.
That's why I decided to limit each girl to 3 skills (with having the option for a 4th hidden/bonus skill).
I do agree that from a gameplay point of view it would be more interesting to give the girls access to all skills, it's just too much work (imo).

I definitely like the idea to have some kind of schooling system to (slowly) increase skills at a cost, because it can reduce grind time (at a cost).
The study will actually work that way (more or less).
You will able to assign a teacher and a student. The selected skill will go up much faster, allowing the student to catch up to higher level guests (and allowing some nice teacher/student scenes ;).
I have also considered having some girls join with some skills already at higher level (which would make sense story-/realism wise).

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Oh man... the game is just getting better and better with every update. And I'm not even talking about additional content, it just seems very obvious that Faerin just seems very receptive to different proposals, so they really incorporate many constructive criticisms; that's of course the ideal case but it's just so rare to actually encounter it.

At any rate, being the bi (pan) sexual, freckles and redhead lover that I am, I can't wait for more Riley content :KEK:

pj13

Apr 22, 2018
Hi, does anyone know how to unlock Amber 5th picture in her gallery ?
Have her work at the housekeeping station. No need to check up on her. It might take a couple of tries as the game, in order to cut back on the grind , will only show 1 image event of the girls working or resting so you have to hope the game chooses her.
Also i think you need to do all of Amber's first 2 level events and claim the 2 outfits in the staff progress menu.

japorean

Apr 14, 2020
Ran into an issue where I loaded my saved game and the gym was un-accessible. I had the gym built and upgraded earlier with guests & Riley using it. Now it won't give me the option to build it again or place Riley there. Doesn't seem to be a maintenance issue with Kay since my maintenance is at 90%. Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this? I uploaded the save as well. Thank you!

Mystwood Manor bug.jpg

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes