Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah, but I don't think I'll do that just for one game when everything else is just fine. I'll probably just have to save often and then play these scenes on my PC or leave the game alone. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, but I don't think I'll do that just for one game when everything else is just fine. I'll probably just have to save often and then play these scenes on my PC or leave the game alone. Thanks for the help.
You're welcome and I agree. I'm basically doing a hardware upgrade next month just for my own personal satisfaction so that I don't run into issues like that when we're bug testing updates because it makes it harder for me to tell if it's a bug or what. That was my initial thought when Faerin introduced the animated scene for Amber. I suspected it was a bug or an issue with the animation itself until larry5168 showed me a video clip of that scene from his POV. I guess my son will enjoy this old tank. :)

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What is supposed to happen here or what is it that I have to do? This is as far as I get and then nothing happens.
I got here as well and unity crashed. I restarted from a save (luckily I had one) and got through it. I wonder if it was memory or something.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I got here as well and unity crashed. I restarted from a save (luckily I had one) and got through it. I wonder if it was memory or something.
This is the first report we've heard about that happening. Would you mind uploading your player.txt and player_prev.txt files, please?
It's in C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Although if you were able to get through that scene, then your log would have been overwritten. Still worth a look though anyway just in case.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
This is the first report we've heard about that happening. Would you mind uploading your player.txt file, please?
It's in C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Although if you were able to get through that scene, then your log would have been overwritten. Still worth a look though anyway just in case.
Here is the entire directory .. zipped for ease. No biggie. As I got though it I wonder if it was just Unity got too big over night or something.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Here is the entire directory .. zipped for ease. No biggie. As I got though it I wonder if it was just Unity got too big over night or something.
It's difficult to tell without looking at the logs (downloading it as I type this) or your save. What I'd suggest is seeing if you're able to reproduce that in the scene that happened in. All of the scenes in the Progress tabs for the girls can be replayed, so it may or may not happen again.

Edit: I've looked at the player-prev log that showed the crash, so I passed that info along to Faerin for him to take a look at. I've also let him know that you were able to play through that scene after the crash happened. So I'll keep you posted on what he says. If you are successful in reproducing that crash, would you mind sharing your save, please? He may need that as well.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
It's difficult to tell without looking at the logs (downloading it as I type this) or your save. What I'd suggest is seeing if you're able to reproduce that in the scene that happened in. All of the scenes in the Progress tabs for the girls can be replayed, so it may or may not happen again.
I am wondering if the system ran out of memory or there was a leak or something. I left the PC on over night and the game running so it might have done something stupid like that. I don't remember what I have that VM setup for in terms of GPU usage - but I know its windows 7 with 16GB RAM several disks.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I am wondering if the system ran out of memory or there was a leak or something. I left the PC on over night and the game running so it might have done something stupid like that. I don't remember what I have that VM setup for in terms of GPU usage - but I know its windows 7 with 16GB RAM several disks.
I know from experience that VMs usually cause the game to run extremely slow. But in my case, it's because I only assign 4GB of RAM to it (my host has 16GB total). At least, that's been the case for me using VMware.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I know from experience that VMs usually cause the game to run extremely slow. But in my case, it's because I only assign 4GB of RAM to it (my host has 16GB total). At least, that's been the case for me using VMware.
No problem with speed or RAM. 16 way proc (32 threads), 128GB RAM, 30TB disk .. It's a beast, and I run multiple VMs (Debian Host, Linux Mint, Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, and Kali Linux on it). I think the video card is a GTX 1070 with 8GB RAM. I game in my Windows VMs all the time so its not that issue.

Yeah it was a weird issue - which is why I didn't ring the alarm bell. No worries - thanks for looking.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No problem with speed or RAM. 16 way proc (32 threads), 128GB RAM, 30TB disk .. It's a beast, and I run multiple VMs (Debian Host, Linux Mint, Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, and Kali Linux on it). I think the video card is a GTX 1070 with 8GB RAM. I game in my Windows VMs all the time so its not that issue.

Yeah it was a weird issue - which is why I didn't ring the alarm bell. No worries - thanks for looking.
You're welcome. Yeah, that does sound like a beast. I'm anxious as hell to start upgrading my hardware this month. It won't have more than 16GB (though I could get more), but it'll be better than this old tank. Good talking to ya, BTW. Have a good one and stay safe.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
You're welcome. Yeah, that does sound like a beast. I'm anxious as hell to start upgrading my hardware this month. It won't have more than 16GB (though I could get more), but it'll be better than this old tank. Good talking to ya, BTW. Have a good one and stay safe.
Have you simply tried to update your AMD video card driver?
I have also a GTX 1070 but I hadn't any problem about playing animations, sometimes the game was freezing but only the older versions, I haven't found any problem in the last one.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Have you simply tried to update your AMD video card driver?
I have also a GTX 1070 but I hadn't any problem about playing animations, sometimes the game was freezing but only the older versions, I haven't found any problem in the last one.
I have v450.63 from the Debian repos, latest is v450.66 off the website (less than a month newer).

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I have v450.63 from the Debian repos, latest is v450.66 off the website (less than a month newer).
So you have a Linux PC and you run a VM with the game? It's a bit complicated to troubleshoot... are you sure that on Windows VM you'll see the graphic card as an nVidia 1070 and not as a generic one?

ttttrrrrr

Aug 15, 2020
Great, Great game Faerin!
Even without a lot of lewd I still enjoy the principles of the game and I really look forward to next updates.

I had a game freeze/crash btw in which I unfortunately lost quite some progress, but whatever, that can happen in this stage of the game.

Happened when Alvarez was visiting the gym, wanted more muscle defination. Chose the wrong option (went with low rep/high weight) and after Riley saying: "Crap! Ill have to try harder next time" the game froze and didnt respond to any click at all.

Reactions: Faerin

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Great, Great game Faerin!
Even without a lot of lewd I still enjoy the principles of the game and I really look forward to next updates.

I had a game freeze/crash btw in which I unfortunately lost quite some progress, but whatever, that can happen in this stage of the game.

Happened when Alvarez was visiting the gym, wanted more muscle defination. Chose the wrong option (went with low rep/high weight) and after Riley saying: "Crap! Ill have to try harder next time" the game froze and didnt respond to any click at all.

Check your player.log file for the crash report. The file is created in your user's hidden appdata/locallow/Fearin games folder. Upload the player.log file and the crash log here - then we can take a look at it and see what cause the crash.

Reactions: Faerin

ttttrrrrr

Aug 15, 2020
Check your player.log file for the crash report. The file is created in your user's hidden appdata/locallow/Fearin games folder. Upload the player.log file and the crash log here - then we can take a look at it and see what cause the crash.

There you go, from the looks of it, it didn't roll for an event, where it did for the other 3 events that had a girl assigned to them, not sure, yolo, dont wanna pretend that I know this shit :p

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
So you have a Linux PC and you run a VM with the game? It's a bit complicated to troubleshoot... are you sure that on Windows VM you'll see the graphic card as an nVidia 1070 and not as a generic one?
The windows machines see it as a generic driver, but lots of horsepower (that is the way it works, and you can apply additional graphics resources via the VM admin settings). Yes it is a bit more complex to troubleshoot, but at the end of the day, I have 1 physical PC for all my work and personal needs. As for Gaming in VM - I have never had a problem with speed. I don't need 6000 FPS gaming, but I have never had an issue with getting 60FPS @ 1920x1080 through the VMs.

Rounding back to the the hang/Unity crash at one point during the mother's scene - I think it was just a memory leak in Unity from being run for too many hours (and no play, minimized over night). I have not had it happen again. Crash logs from the OS stated it was a memory error from Unity. Again - I know I am in a unique situation in terms of what I have from a rig, but I was helping a dev who asked for some files to see if he could glean something from the files in the application.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes