cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

There you go, from the looks of it, it didn't roll for an event, where it did for the other 3 events that had a girl assigned to them, not sure, yolo, dont wanna pretend that I know this shit :p
This file is worthless, because it is from Man of the House instead Mystwood Manor.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
This file is worthless, because it is from Man of the House instead Mystwood Manor.
Did Faerin switch up on us at the last second and rename it to Man of the Manor? Or Mystwood of the House? He's as sneaky as he is devious. :ROFLMAO:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Not 100% sure where you are looking or what file you downloaded, but just redownloaded it from my own link and pretty sure its a log of Mystwood... :LOL:
ooops .. It was late yesterday and I must have switched the file with another one. Sorry for that!!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

There you go, from the looks of it, it didn't roll for an event, where it did for the other 3 events that had a girl assigned to them, not sure, yolo, dont wanna pretend that I know this shit :p
this file looks clean - no crashes logged.

Please upload the player-prev.log file as well or try to repeat the crash.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
So you have a Linux PC and you run a VM with the game? It's a bit complicated to troubleshoot... are you sure that on Windows VM you'll see the graphic card as an nVidia 1070 and not as a generic one?
The windows machines see it as a generic driver, but lots of horsepower (that is the way it works, and you can apply additional graphics resources via the VM admin settings). Yes it is a bit more complex to troubleshoot, but at the end of the day, I have 1 physical PC for all my work and personal needs. As for Gaming in VM - I have never had a problem with speed. I don't need 6000 FPS gaming, but I have never had an issue with getting 60FPS @ 1920x1080 through the VMs.

Rounding back to the the hang/Unity crash at one point during the mother's scene - I think it was just a memory leak in Unity from being run for too many hours (and no play, minimized over night). I have not had it happen again. Crash logs from the OS stated it was a memory error from Unity. Again - I know I am in a unique situation in terms of what I have from a rig, but I was helping a dev who asked for some files to see if he could glean something from the files in the application.
Game works with Wine, no need for VM.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Animation do not work with wine.
I have missed last update or two, but it did work for me. I will check latest one.
PS I had in mind part from intro, when MC meets dead father, not new content, which I obviously hadn't play yet.

Last edited:

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Can confirm the level 3 mother animation is crashing as well for myself. Seems to be a recurring trait, from reading the previous posts.
Apparently crash log was created at /AppData/Local/Temp/Faerin Games/Mystwood Manor/Crashes
However there was no crash log, so who knows?

Edit: Using Windows 10, 16GB RAM, i7-6700k, 2tb drive, SLI GTX 980s (Equivalent to 1080ti). Turn everything down to lowest settings and set to fullscreen.

2nd Edit: Extracted video/animation plays perfectly fine outside of game.

Last edited:

SLUTNUT

Sep 18, 2017
hi guys, i've some trouble making my game work, here's my profile.txt can you tell me what's wrong ?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Can confirm the level 3 mother animation is crashing as well for myself. Seems to be a recurring trait, from reading the previous posts.
Apparently crash log was created at /AppData/Local/Temp/Faerin Games/Mystwood Manor/Crashes
However there was no crash log, so who knows?

Edit: Using Windows 10, 16GB RAM, i7-6700k, 2tb drive, SLI GTX 980s (Equivalent to 1080ti). Turn everything down to lowest settings and set to fullscreen.

2nd Edit: Extracted video/animation plays perfectly fine outside of game.
Try moving the game's folder to your C drive and see if you still experience issues.

Reactions: greeneyed

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
hi guys, i've some trouble making my game work, here's my profile.txt can you tell me what's wrong ?
Try moving the game's folder to C:. That should correct the problem.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Mac version please!
A MacOS version probably won't be available for at least another year or so when it gets released on Steam. But for right now, you can play the game via VM or Wine.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes