Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Why don't you just tell/share what you're using to decode saves so people can fix it themselves?
Wrong reply? That was not a fix but a hint for an event. As for Sycho, he seems to be working closely with Faerin, so he possibly has some tools not intended for the general public.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Wrong reply? That was not a fix but a hint for an event. As for Sycho, he seems to be working closely with Faerin, so he possibly has some tools not intended for the general public.
I was just quoting him to get his attention, not really in response to his post. Also bugs like this are why I hate unity games, can't fix em yourself lol. Annoying that Faerin decided to encode the saves for this game too, the MotH saves were plain text.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Maybe it's because sometimes on Ren'Py people are trying to change stuff via the console after using unren and when it doesn't work, the devs get attacked. Enough of that may make one think twice.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Maybe it's because sometimes on Ren'Py people are trying to change stuff via the console after using unren and when it doesn't work, the devs get attacked. Enough of that may make one think twice.
He's always used Unity though, but my only thing as far as Unity is encoded saves are dumb. No reason for it. There are ways to cheat without modding saves anyway and all it does it stop people from fixing things on their own if you fuck up.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Annoying that Faerin decided to encode the saves for this game too, the MotH saves were plain text.
This is exactly what happened with MotH. People tried to change stats by messing with the flag console and their saves. By doing that they butchered their game progress and had to start all over again.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
This is exactly what happened with MotH. People tried to change stats by messing with the flag console and their saves. By doing that they butchered their game progress and had to start all over again.
They should be smart and do a backup and not mess with stuff they don't understand. Is manually fixing saves for responsible players less work than chiding a few people who think they know what they're doing?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
They should be smart and do a backup and not mess with stuff they don't understand. Is manually fixing saves for responsible players less work than chiding a few people who think they know what they're doing?
Dunno about the workload stuff here, but having experience with customers: those who messed up the product themselves are also those most likely to run around and talk shit about it. If you're not bright enough to make a backup or expect problems, you're probably also likely not bright enough to realize it was your own damn fault.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Why don't you just tell/share what you're using to decode saves so people can fix it themselves?
The reason that isn't happening is that people had access to the debug tool after version 0.83 of Man of the House. It was meant for us to fix bugs on the go, before you accessed it in big red letters do not use this unless you have been specifically told to by one of the dev team.
You know what people went in and played and then wondered why this wouldn't trigger or that wouldn't trigger. Have you used the debug console? No. Look at the save, sorry you accessed it 20 times one guy we stopped counting after a thousand we even awarded him a trophy.
This was one of the main reasons the Man of the House thread is so large, because of people breaking their saves and us fixing them, if we could as some were just completely broken.
As for the reason the saves are encrypted as above, this scene won't work, look at the save all the girl's stats are maxed because they edited their saves and are only two game days into the game.
So as the saying goes been there done that got the T-shirt.
So Faerin decided with this game limited access to the debug console and encrypted save to save us a bit of work.

As for that, you may well be a responsible player, but you are in the minority.
If you put 10 people in a room with a big red button marked "Do not Press* more than half would press it, put them in the same room with the promise of fap material behind pressing the button but you have to wait for 24 hrs or complete a task then you press the button, pretty sure that number would rise to over 80% who just pressed the button.

Hope that answers you query

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
If you put 10 people in a room with a big red button marked "Do not Press* more than half would press it, put them in the same room with the promise of fap material behind pressing the button but you have to wait for 24 hrs or complete a task then you press the button, pretty sure that number would rise to over 80% who just pressed the button.
I should use this sentence at my work place :p

• Haha
Reactions: larry5168

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yes with pleasure. Sorry for taking too long to answer, I just turned on my PC now.
No problem. I'm looking at your data_0 save now and I see that you've done all of Julia's tier 2 events, now you just need to claim your reward to unlock her level 3 tier events.

halfiethrowaway

Jul 11, 2017
Having an issue where when I'm on the "Relieving Tension" event with Julia, the game gets stuck right as the MC is "over the edge" and cannot progress.

Is this a save file issue?

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Having an issue where when I'm on the "Relieving Tension" event with Julia, the game gets stuck right as the MC is "over the edge" and cannot progress.

Is this a save file issue?
I don't think so it might be an issue with your rig, nothing to worry about drivers codecs etc.
Could you provide me with your player log

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor\Player.log
Press Windows+r and type %appdata% to access your AppData folder

That will take you to the roaming folder go to the LocalLow folder and you will find it

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Been watching this thread for awhile to see how the game develops before playing it and decided to finally try out to how its going so far....and if could make just tiny suggestion change the pacing of the music. In the backstory intro, there's upbeat kind of annoying tune...mostly because there's really no break from it and its very repetitive. And even when there's some mystical or sad moment, it starts off with the sad music or mystical music but then quickly switches back over to the upbeat repeating tune. Totally killing the intended feel of the scene. Also there's no way to access settings while in the intro, so you cant shut the music off.

Other than that seems alright so far.

Reactions: Faerin

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Any ideas how to start it crashing doing the sex scenes/animations? I've tried pretty much everything, and anyone says update your drivers will get slapped virtually. Only thing I can note is that it's eating up my graphics memory but I have a GTX 980 which isn't horrendous unless the game is badly optimized it should run..
Edit: Can run video clips seperate to game.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Been watching this thread for awhile to see how the game develops before playing it and decided to finally try out to how its going so far....and if could make just tiny suggestion change the pacing of the music. In the backstory intro, there's upbeat kind of annoying tune...mostly because there's really no break from it and its very repetitive. And even when there's some mystical or sad moment, it starts off with the sad music or mystical music but then quickly switches back over to the upbeat repeating tune. Totally killing the intended feel of the scene. Also there's no way to access settings while in the intro, so you cant shut the music off.

Other than that seems alright so far.
Yeah, the music bug I've already informed Faerin about. So that's already been fixed.

Reactions: Zarathos4

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Any ideas how to start it crashing doing the sex scenes/animations? I've tried pretty much everything, and anyone says update your drivers will get slapped virtually. Only thing I can note is that it's eating up my graphics memory but I have a GTX 980 which isn't horrendous unless the game is badly optimized it should run..
Edit: Can run video clips seperate to game.
There's been a few people who have reported this same problem happening and we haven't determined a cause for it yet. The only thing that I can suggest is attaching your player log so that we can take a look. Unfortunately there are no video files like there were for MotH, so you won't be able to play them outside the game.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes