Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I just found out that there is a teacher to make a study room.
Hasn't teacher appeared yet?
First you'll have to talk to Richard and Libby at the Royal Stag (the Manor needs to be at level 3). Then you'll need to renovate the study and contact Libby to let her know you're ready to have Amanda come over. She only shows up in the mornings for 3 days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).

If you've done all of that but she's still not appearing, please post your save and I will fix that for you.

halfiethrowaway

Jul 11, 2017
I don't think so it might be an issue with your rig, nothing to worry about drivers codecs etc.
Could you provide me with your player log

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor\Player.log
Press Windows+r and type %appdata% to access your AppData folder

That will take you to the roaming folder go to the LocalLow folder and you will find it
Here's the log. Thanks for taking a look.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Here's the log. Thanks for taking a look.
I'm seeing this in your log:
Initializing Microsoft Media Foundation failed. It seems that the Microsoft Media Foundation is not installed on this machine or a newer version of Microsoft Media Foundation is required. To install the necessary libraries please install the Media Feature Pack from for your version of Windows.
I would check that first and if you're still seeing issues with the animation, try moving the game to your C drive. Your log shows that it's on the H drive.

Juca Alves

Apr 24, 2018
No problem. I'm looking at your data_0 save now and I see that you've done all of Julia's tier 2 events, now you just need to claim your reward to unlock her level 3 tier events.
I've already opened Julia's level 3 events, I've done the sauna one, which was my last one, just missing "revealing tension" that asks me to visit her at night, only at night I go to her room and nothing happens and her progress stopped there. Grateful for the help.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I've already opened Julia's level 3 events, I've done the sauna one, which was my last one, just missing "revealing tension" that asks me to visit her at night, only at night I go to her room and nothing happens and her progress stopped there. Grateful for the help.
Which one of the saves is that in? Or better yet, can you upload just that save?

jcpower13

Jul 24, 2019
The game is very enjoyable the management stuff is quite engaging. But it does have one issue, the story parts and the management aren't very cohesive, with the abundance of management stuff, the story scenes just feel tacked on. I'm less engaged into the story because of it, which is a shame cos it's very good.

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
Had to fire staff because ran out of cash after upgrades. When customers paid up, I spent 10 minutes looking around the game interface trying to figure out how to re-hire the staff I fired.

Well, I am typing this post because I am an idiot who didn't figure out how to re-hire the staff. So, please be kind to this idiot, give 'em the answer so that my odious presence can be driven away.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Had to fire staff because ran out of cash after upgrades. When customers paid up, I spent 10 minutes looking around the game interface trying to figure out how to re-hire the staff I fired.

Well, I am typing this post because I am an idiot who didn't figure out how to re-hire the staff. So, please be kind to this idiot, give 'em the answer so that my odious presence can be driven away.
No problem. :)

You'll have to wait until the following Sunday (when you pay the girls).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I just found out that there is a teacher to make a study room.
Hasn't teacher appeared yet?
Generally she has, though you don't really hire her like the other girls, you cannot manage her schedule and you don't have any real interaction with her, so as of now I do not consider her "one of the girls".

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
The reason that isn't happening is that people had access to the debug tool after version 0.83 of Man of the House. It was meant for us to fix bugs on the go, before you accessed it in big red letters do not use this unless you have been specifically told to by one of the dev team.
You know what people went in and played and then wondered why this wouldn't trigger or that wouldn't trigger. Have you used the debug console? No. Look at the save, sorry you accessed it 20 times one guy we stopped counting after a thousand we even awarded him a trophy.
This was one of the main reasons the Man of the House thread is so large, because of people breaking their saves and us fixing them, if we could as some were just completely broken.
As for the reason the saves are encrypted as above, this scene won't work, look at the save all the girl's stats are maxed because they edited their saves and are only two game days into the game.
So as the saying goes been there done that got the T-shirt.
So Faerin decided with this game limited access to the debug console and encrypted save to save us a bit of work.

As for that, you may well be a responsible player, but you are in the minority.
If you put 10 people in a room with a big red button marked "Do not Press* more than half would press it, put them in the same room with the promise of fap material behind pressing the button but you have to wait for 24 hrs or complete a task then you press the button, pretty sure that number would rise to over 80% who just pressed the button.

Hope that answers you query
OK it's up to you guys I guess. I would just ignore people that hopeless rather than encourage their stupidity unless they were patrons. But IMO encryption probably loses you more support than it gains. Of course I'm broke right now and not supporting anyone, but typically I only support games that are easy to fix issues with on your own but that's just me. Will it be fixed next patch? Or are the saves permanently fucked? I don't really care to upload mine if the issue will be taken care of with a bug fix.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
OK it's up to you guys I guess. I would just ignore people that hopeless rather than encourage their stupidity unless they were patrons. But IMO encryption probably loses you more support than it gains. Of course I'm broke right now and not supporting anyone, but typically I only support games that are easy to fix issues with on your own but that's just me. Will it be fixed next patch? Or are the saves permanently fucked? I don't really care to upload mine if the issue will be taken care of with a bug fix.
I understand and agree with your point, but in most of these cases they are the ones that shout the loudest. So as someone else said in the thread previously they will give the game bad press even though it's not deserving of it. We help a number of people with the game but if you look back. most frequently the first words are "I can't get this scene it's a bug." When it isn't it's just they missed something so it's easier to blame the game rather than themselves.
Anyway the Amanda bug has been found and will be repaired in the next version, and it will have a fix so you can just continue from your save

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I understand and agree with your point, but in most of these cases they are the ones that shout the loudest. So as someone else said in the thread previously they will give the game bad press even though it's not deserving of it. We help a number of people with the game but if you look back. most frequently the first words are "I can't get this scene it's a bug." When it isn't it's just they missed something so it's easier to blame the game rather than themselves.
Anyway the Amanda bug has been found and will be repaired in the next version, and it will have a fix so you can just continue from your save
Thanks. Absolutely that happens and it's unfortunate. The best competent people can do is to counter those people and shout them down but your point about the 80% stands. That's also part of the reason I avoid larger threads, it's a waste of time when every third post is people asking a question that's answered a few posts back. Glad you guys found the issue. Thanks for providing support and FWIW I've always appreciated the fact that Faerin engages with this forum in such a positive way. A lot of devs will come here begging for support when they start out and then get mad at the criticism/piracy and disengage when they grow a bit, but Faerin has always been super consistent which is the most valuable trait in this tumultuous business besides quality of work, so hats off the whole crew. I will just add that if a debug tool somehow came my way in a private manner I wouldn't be inclined to let it become public =P.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks. Absolutely that happens and it's unfortunate. The best competent people can do is to counter those people and shout them down but your point about the 80% stands. That's also part of the reason I avoid larger threads, it's a waste of time when every third post is people asking a question that's answered a few posts back. Glad you guys found the issue. Thanks for providing support and FWIW I've always appreciated the fact that Faerin engages with this forum in such a positive way. A lot of devs will come here begging for support when they start out and then get mad at the criticism/piracy and disengage when they grow a bit, but Faerin has always been super consistent which is the most valuable trait in this tumultuous business besides quality of work, so hats off the whole crew. I will just add that if a debug tool somehow came my way in a private manner I wouldn't be inclined to let it become public =P.
Thanks for the kind words and I can definitely see (and share) your take on this.
However, most of it goes out of the window around the "They should be smart" point ;)

The majority of people just tend to not read warnings/tutorials/etc. and then blame it on the game when something doesn't go the way they want.
(Or expect tons of content and a fully polished game, even though it's nowhere near finished yet).

Aside from that, there shouldn't be any bugs in the game to fix by the user, period.
Of course, right now it's still under development and the whole point of it is to fix all these, but for the finished version there shouldn't.

In this case it's just a sloppy mistake from the dev and I will make sure that he is thorougly punished and denied any food or sunlight until he fixes it.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the kind words and I can definitely see (and share) your take on this.
However, most of it goes out of the window around the "They should be smart" point ;)

The majority of people just tend to not read warnings/tutorials/etc. and then blame it on the game when something doesn't go the way they want.
(Or expect tons of content and a fully polished game, even though it's nowhere near finished yet).

Aside from that, there shouldn't be any bugs in the game to fix by the user, period.
Of course, right now it's still under development and the whole point of it is to fix all these, but for the finished version there shouldn't.

In this case it's just a sloppy mistake from the dev and I will make sure that he is thorougly punished and denied any food or sunlight until he fixes it.
Don't go too hard on him, I'm sure most people understand if a bug or 2 slip through =P. But I get your reasoning, a lot of people who encrypt do it to "protect" their games but it's obvious that's not why you're doing it so if it makes things easier for you in the long run I get it. I probably couldn't tough out the support side of indie development as I have very little patience for redundancy and inattentiveness which are in plenty supply here. I appreciate your commitment to effective QA; when I first joined this forum I wasted hours trying to play buggy/grindy games and when I learned how easily most games could be fixed by the user (Ren'py/RPGM especially) it totally changed the way I evaluate things, like I would never play a game like Big Brother now for example.

But you've always respected the players in terms of your design philosophy and the quality of your work, patron and non-patron, so I was just surprised when I opened up the save and saw that it was encrypted unlike MoTH, but again you usually don't have any bugs and don't include needless grinds so I don't mind. Good luck with the game, everything is looking great so far. Can't wait till the Tarot card system comes into play though, I'm itching to see the possibilities there.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

As you ARE the "Developer" does " thorougly punished" mean that you are about to be "Spanked" :p (MOTH Fan)

• Haha
Reactions: Faerin

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Its still worries me that i can't play one of the girls really. but if i could at least play some old guy like her dad/husband or grandpa or something. i like the curves of the girls and the quality. maybe the story is good but these are my personal 2 cents

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes